Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

genejockey 08-25-22 11:28 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22623858)
I donít know. I bought it this way. Shifts good. I didnít know the QR on the front was open.

Should be pointing down. But if your brake cables are adjusted for the current position, you'd need to change that. BTW, when I get a new used bike, cables are one of the first things to go.

genejockey 08-25-22 11:33 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22623909)
In all seriousness, whatís wrong with my RD cable?
Im down for criticism, I didnít even realize my QR was open, now I wonder if the rear break is open too.

I can't see where it's going. I see it coming out the side of the STI, but I don't see it curving back around to the righthand cable stop. Maybe it does, I just can't see it.

BTW, I run the brake cables along the front of the bars, so the rear and top are smooth on the hands. Except for the Bianchi, which has Zipp "Aero" bars, which have a flat top. For those, I run the cables under the bar.

Bah Humbug 08-26-22 05:07 AM

Wordle 433 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WorLdle was a nail-biter, even with a map.

#Worldle #217 6/6 (100%)

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛➡️
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛➡️
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

seedsbelize2 08-26-22 05:38 AM

Wordle 433 3/6
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Tre day!

seedsbelize2 08-26-22 05:47 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22623858)
I don’t know. I bought it this way. Shifts good. I didn’t know the QR on the front was open.

​​​​​​Don't get caught in their OCD trap.

seedsbelize2 08-26-22 05:49 AM

Mornings. I shouldn't post first thing. I have no filters.

datlas 08-26-22 05:56 AM

4/6 as is typical for me

Trsnrtr 08-26-22 06:00 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22624224)
Mornings. I shouldn't post first thing. I have no filters.

We're old. People will just have to deal with us.

Mojo31 08-26-22 06:50 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22623858)
I donít know. I bought it this way. Shifts good. I didnít know the QR on the front was open.

Okay Larry.

Below average Wordle day.

Trsnrtr 08-26-22 07:05 AM

Haven’t felt great for weeks but getting ready to head out the door. I asked my wife where we were going and she said Northeast. I asked how far and she wouldn’t tell me, just going Northeast. She did say to pack more than my normal gels. Uh oh. :foo:

Trsnrtr 08-26-22 07:05 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22624227)
4/6 as is typical for me

same.

bampilot06 08-26-22 07:30 AM

fixed the QR and I remember why they are are taped that way now. Has to do with packing the bike.

bampilot06 08-26-22 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22624294)
Havenít felt great for weeks but getting ready to head out the door. I asked my wife where we were going and she said Northeast. I asked how far and she wouldnít tell me, just going Northeast. She did say to pack more than my normal gels. Uh oh. :foo:


which way is the wind blowing.

WhyFi 08-26-22 08:01 AM

bampilot06 is taking up running? :foo:

seedsbelize2 08-26-22 08:04 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22624322)
which way is the wind blowing.


genejockey 08-26-22 08:21 AM

Nuts.
Wordle 433 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

MoAlpha 08-26-22 08:29 AM

A cyclist was killed yesterday afternoon about a half mile from my home. She was riding on a horrible street with a stupid, 3', "bike lane" painted along the side. A guy driving a flatbed truck hit her without even realizing. She was dead at the scene and apparently it was very ugly.

Sure, stuff happens, but I can't help thinking we all (drivers, cyclists, everyone) live in a cruel and destructive society, which tolerates a very high rate of suffering in return for not much value.

MoAlpha 08-26-22 08:31 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22624294)
Havenít felt great for weeks but getting ready to head out the door. I asked my wife where we were going and she said Northeast. I asked how far and she wouldnít tell me, just going Northeast. She did say to pack more than my normal gels. Uh oh. :foo:

You're afraid she wants to stop and do it in a soy bean field?

big john 08-26-22 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22624405)
You're afraid she wants to stop and do it in a soy bean field?

Kinky.

WhyFi 08-26-22 08:49 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22624403)
A cyclist was killed yesterday afternoon about a half mile from my home. She was riding on a horrible street with a stupid, 3', "bike lane" painted along the side. A guy driving a flatbed truck hit her without even realizing. She was dead at the scene and apparently it was very ugly.

Sure, stuff happens, but I can't help thinking we all (drivers, cyclists, everyone) live in a cruel and destructive society, which tolerates a very high rate of suffering in return for not much value.

:(

big john 08-26-22 08:52 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22624403)
A cyclist was killed yesterday afternoon about a half mile from my home. She was riding on a horrible street with a stupid, 3', "bike lane" painted along the side. A guy driving a flatbed truck hit her without even realizing. She was dead at the scene and apparently it was very ugly.

Sure, stuff happens, but I can't help thinking we all (drivers, cyclists, everyone) live in a cruel and destructive society, which tolerates a very high rate of suffering in return for not much value.

That's horrible. People don't take driving seriously. What little "driver training" we have is just about operating the machine itself and not about how you can change the lives of others.
I met a guy from Switzerland and he said the written test took 2+ hours and the driving test took you into the mountains and was also very long. It's as if they want you to be proficient.
I've heard that tv commercials showing fast driving are prohibited in England. Here, we show street racing, drifting, and all sorts of macho pursuits in car ads.
In L.A. now we have "street takeovers" where up to thousands of people show up and close off an intersection and do stunts with their cars. And of course there is always street racing with people driving through houses, etc.

Life is cheap.

datlas 08-26-22 09:04 AM

I took off work today for my mental health. Was going to go for a ride but feeling lazy so went for a hike with mrs datlas instead.

MoAlpha 08-26-22 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22624434)
That's horrible. People don't take driving seriously. What little "driver training" we have is just about operating the machine itself and not about how you can change the lives of others.
I met a guy from Switzerland and he said the written test took 2+ hours and the driving test took you into the mountains and was also very long. It's as if they want you to be proficient.
I've heard that tv commercials showing fast driving are prohibited in England. Here, we show street racing, drifting, and all sorts of macho pursuits in car ads.
In L.A. now we have "street takeovers" where up to thousands of people show up and close off an intersection and do stunts with their cars. And of course there is always street racing with people driving through houses, etc.

Life is cheap.

I think English traffic is pretty bad by European standards, but they do have speed cameras freaking everywhere.

All the GT cycling I've been watching this summer makes me want to go live in Playmobilģ.

genejockey 08-26-22 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22624403)
A cyclist was killed yesterday afternoon about a half mile from my home. She was riding on a horrible street with a stupid, 3', "bike lane" painted along the side. A guy driving a flatbed truck hit her without even realizing. She was dead at the scene and apparently it was very ugly.

Sure, stuff happens, but I can't help thinking we all (drivers, cyclists, everyone) live in a cruel and destructive society, which tolerates a very high rate of suffering in return for not much value.

I...can't argue with that. I have been unpleasantly surprised by the degree of callousness many have toward their fellow man if they might be inconvenienced.

big john 08-26-22 09:48 AM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.