Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

MoAlpha 01-03-22 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22360746)
St. Thomas for a week of sailing.

We are also in seats 1A and 1B so there is that comfort.

Oh, excellent! What are you chartering?

Mojo31 01-03-22 08:54 PM

53’ crewed cat.

A friend of ours will be 65 this month, and she and her husband invited us and two other couples to be her guests. They normally bareboat, but she wanted a crew to serve us for this trip. All we have to do is get there. Got our tickets with points, so cheap trip for us.

ls01 01-03-22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22360030)
I think there's confusing information out there - "Fuel The Workout", for example - which leads people to think that they have to fuel a casual 30 mile Z1/Z2 ride like a 2 hr Sweet Spot session. Last year, a noob asked about what kind of sports drink he should have, now that he was up to 30 minute sessions. I've been riding long enough to know that I can go 1 1/2 hours with no breakfast, just coffee, or 3 hours with breakfast, but if I go longer than that, or do a big, half hour or longer climb, I need to add some calories.

I still haven't figured out Zwifting, though. Because there's no stopping and no real coasting, the workout sessions tend to be a lot more intense. That, and I'm doing races and structured workouts. AND I'm generally Zwifting in the evening about the time I'm running out of lunch. So I keep a couple gels next to the trainer and sometime have one.

I've done 100 mile rides on nothing more than 3 bottles of water in July, with decent finish times. I rarely eat on a ride. I think a lot of this "need to eat" mentality is marketing from the sport food manufacturers. I'm trying to burn calories, you know, Fat. The last thing I need is to train my brain that I will feed it during exercise if it says it's hungry.

ls01 01-03-22 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22360334)
In addition to the Chipotle email, I got more good news!

cut/paste email I got....

This mail is been writing to you because we have come to understand that
you have lost a lot of money all because you want to receive your fund
well note that all that have been put to a stop as the federal government of
Nigeria has promised to assist you with the sum of Five million Dollars in other to
compensate you and all you have to do is fill the below information s.

1 full name

2 home phone and cell phone number

3 occupation

4 amount that was lost by you

Send this and get back at once.

Warm regards

Femi

:bday:

Some guys have all the luck...

ls01 01-03-22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22360361)
When I was a wee lad, we used to get wild - or at least feral - black rasbperries growing along the back of the property, which backed onto fields that alternated among corn, barley, and winter wheat. They were SO MUCH better than storebought red raspberries, but rather than providing a single big harvest, they tended to provide a handful a day for a couple weeks. So my big sister and I used to forage for them while also looking for the asparagus that had been planted many years before by the previous owner and which had spread considerably.

I'd be leery of picking and eating fruit along a road. Mostly where I grew up it would be some farmer's crop.

We had the same with wild strawberries. You can smell them when they're ripe. They're small, and grow low to the ground, and delicious.

ls01 01-03-22 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=bampilot06;22360696]Dude. Flying for 5 hours non stop is a long freaking time. 180 knot head wind at one time. I think by the first 1/4 of the flight we ran out of things to talk about./QUOTE]

I'll bet your arms are tired!

rjones28 01-03-22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22360781)
I'll bet your arms are tired!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FirstShady...restricted.gif

ls01 01-04-22 04:47 AM

I'll be here all week , don't forget to tip your waitress!

phrantic09 01-04-22 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22360696)
Dude. Flying for 5 hours non stop is a long freaking time. 180 knot head wind at one time. I think by the first 1/4 of the flight we ran out of things to talk about.

Anyways, Did phrantic buy that 3T yet?

No

znomit 01-04-22 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22360700)
I guess you won't be volunteering for any routes to Australia, eh? :)

5 is OK. That's two movies and a meal. Probably a beer or two depending on what's at the other end.
12 is OK. Thats a movie, a meal, another movie or two, a beer, a sleep and another meal.

Somewhere in between is flight hell where you can't take any more movies and it's too short to sleep.

MoAlpha 01-04-22 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22360755)
53’ crewed cat.

A friend of ours will be 65 this month, and she and her husband invited us and two other couples to be her guests. They normally bareboat, but she wanted a crew to serve us for this trip. All we have to do is get there. Got our tickets with points, so cheap trip for us.

Wow, nice! Lots of people, but that’s a big boat.

bampilot06 01-04-22 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22360746)
St. Thomas for a week of sailing.

We are also in seats 1A and 1B so there is that comfort.

predict an airplane swap, followed by a downgrade.

phrantic09 01-04-22 07:03 AM

Both kids came back negative overnight, so that’s good.

really good friend that we had dinner with Wednesday tested positive over the weekend, so around we go.

Riding this morning I had zero energy or legs after going to bed early and getting up late, not looking good.

Oh, and bampilot06 I am still deciding between that and an Aspero

bampilot06 01-04-22 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22361010)
Both kids came back negative overnight, so that’s good.

really good friend that we had dinner with Wednesday tested positive over the weekend, so around we go.

Riding this morning I had zero energy or legs after going to bed early and getting up late, not looking good.

Oh, and bampilot06 I am still deciding between that and an Aspero

Good thing there’s not a supply chain issue or anything.

Got all suited up to ride this morning. Toasty 19 degrees. Made it to the top of my drive way, and my street had a solid thin layer of black ice every where I looked. Will try again this afternoon.

phrantic09 01-04-22 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22361019)
Good thing there’s not a supply chain issue or anything.

Got all suited up to ride this morning. Toasty 19 degrees. Made it to the top of my drive way, and my street had a solid thin layer of black ice every where I looked. Will try again this afternoon.

I have a line on an Aspero, if either of them sell before I make up my mind, then I guess I wasn’t supposed to buy either one.

Mojo31 01-04-22 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22361004)
predict an airplane swap, followed by a downgrade.

Story of our lives, for sure!

The flight already changed from a layover in MIA to nonstop, so I at least have that going for me.

Mojo31 01-04-22 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22360964)
Wow, nice! Lots of people, but that’s a big boat.

Yes, lots of people, but not our party.

We don't know the other two couples. One is the birthday girl's brother and wife. The other is a work friend and his wife. The birthday girl is an exec with SAP and so is the friend. He's also a Porsche nut, so we have that bond.

We'll make it good. Worst case is you jump off and snorkel for a while.

We may go to St. Croix, and if so that'll be a bonus since I've never been there. Plus, its a longish sail.

bampilot06 01-04-22 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22361024)
I have a line on an Aspero, if either of them sell before I make up my mind, then I guess I wasn’t supposed to buy either one.

If they both sell that just means one thing.

you were meant to buy the Allied Echo.

phrantic09 01-04-22 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22361041)
If they both sell that just means one thing.

you were meant to buy the Allied Echo.

The Exploro is back to full price, which is not appealing given the crap wheels

Who sells a bike for 6500 w/ 2kg boat anchor wheels????

Velo Vol 01-04-22 07:51 AM

Whoa, I slept a lot last night. Yesterday, I had an itchy throat--I think I've been fighting off a threat.

I doing just fine now, though, obviously. :bday:

bampilot06 01-04-22 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22361043)
The Exploro is back to full price, which is not appealing given the crap wheels

Who sells a bike for 6500 w/ 2kg boat anchor wheels????

that’s no bueno. I wouldn’t pay that much for the 3t.

btw have you seen the BMC gravel bike? Saw one at mellow johnies. Price wasn’t bad and it was a looker.

bampilot06 01-04-22 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22361044)
Whoa, I slept a lot last night. Yesterday, I had an itchy throat--I think I've been fighting off a threat.

I doing just fine now, though, obviously. :bday:

sounds like you dodged a bullet.

MoAlpha 01-04-22 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22361038)
Yes, lots of people, but not our party.

We don't know the other two couples. One is the birthday girl's brother and wife. The other is a work friend and his wife. The birthday girl is an exec with SAP and so is the friend. He's also a Porsche nut, so we have that bond.

We'll make it good. Worst case is you jump off and snorkel for a while.

We may go to St. Croix, and if so that'll be a bonus since I've never been there. Plus, its a longish sail.

We are very selective whom we invite aboard overnight, but when it works it's good.

bampilot06 01-04-22 08:07 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...20697bcbf.jpeg

New Bike Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...db4b83dc5.jpeg

Womp womp. I say it’s a scam.

Owego, New York is obviously a made up place.

Velo Vol 01-04-22 08:09 AM

East Coast traffic alert! :o