Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Mojo31 07-24-21 07:40 PM

Three hour family gathering at a park late afternoon has me hot, sweaty, stinky, and whooped, and I didn’t even ride.

bampilot06 07-24-21 07:41 PM

It was chilly this morning. Had to wear arm wamers.

bampilot06 07-24-21 07:48 PM

With the cervelo BB waiting to be installed, I have been riding The Ritchey more. Something I have noticed, it seems like the power transfer isn’t the same as with the cervelo. Each pedal stroke feels “mushy” where’s as the cervelo it feels crisp.
Is this because
1. frame is steel and not carbon?
2. old components
3. frame geometry
4. I have no Idea what I am talking about?


More curious than anything.

Velo Vol 07-24-21 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22156385)
With the cervelo BB waiting to be installed, I have been riding The Ritchey more. Something I have noticed, it seems like the power transfer isn’t the same as with the cervelo. Each pedal stroke feels “mushy” where’s as the cervelo it feels crisp.
Is this because
1. frame is steel and not carbon?
2. old components
3. frame geometry
4. I have no Idea what I am talking about?


More curious than anything.

Leading contender.

big john 07-24-21 08:34 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22156385)
With the cervelo BB waiting to be installed, I have been riding The Ritchey more. Something I have noticed, it seems like the power transfer isn’t the same as with the cervelo. Each pedal stroke feels “mushy” where’s as the cervelo it feels crisp.
Is this because
1. frame is steel and not carbon?
2. old components
3. frame geometry
4. I have no Idea what I am talking about?


More curious than anything.

Probably a combo of the geometry and the frame might be a little whippy, not because it's steel, but the alloy and tube thickness and maybe diameter contribute.
I've ridden some stiff bikes, but none come close to the Tesch s-22. Oversize heavy gauge steel. Brutal on anything but the smoothest roads, made for a heavy sprinter, and my dumbass did centuries on it.

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-21 09:21 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22156230)
My hometown, Washington, IL. We have been getting our share of smoke. It may be all in my head, but I swear I smell creosote/wood smoke in the hollows early in the morning.

We can probably make more, so you don't have to wonder if you smell it. :)


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cf1f899605.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-21 09:35 PM

Best beer drinking technology breakthrough: a bed of frost to keep all beers cold as you drink
https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...2d&oe=6123F1E5

big john 07-24-21 09:52 PM

Vacant house across from me has finally gone on the market. 480 sq ft can be yours for only $400K.
https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/c...-cc_ft_960.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-21 10:09 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22156489)
Vacant house across from me has finally gone on the market. 480 sq ft can be yours for only $400K.
https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/c...-cc_ft_960.jpg

Maybe if it had a basement.

It just keeps getting more and more unbelievable...

Velo Vol 07-24-21 10:12 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22156489)
Vacant house across from me has finally gone on the market. 480 sq ft can be yours for only $400K.

Serious?

For that price they don't even bother with the peeling paint in the front?

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-21 10:22 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22156503)
Serious?

For that price they don't even bother with the peeling paint in the front?

I wonder if they could get more for it if they razed it

genejockey 07-24-21 10:33 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22156385)
With the cervelo BB waiting to be installed, I have been riding The Ritchey more. Something I have noticed, it seems like the power transfer isn’t the same as with the cervelo. Each pedal stroke feels “mushy” where’s as the cervelo it feels crisp.
Is this because
1. frame is steel and not carbon?
2. old components
3. frame geometry
4. I have no Idea what I am talking about?


More curious than anything.

Steel vs Carbon.

My Ritchey isn't a 'crisp' on attack as either of my carbon bikes, or the Battaglin for that matter. It's more 'springy', without being noodly. You definitely feel a difference when you're up out of the saddle. But for some reason, the Ritchey feels easier to get into a rhythm when out of the saddle, too. As if the flex and return works with you. Not sure it that's still true of a Breakaway.

genejockey 07-24-21 10:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22156503)
Serious?

For that price they don't even bother with the peeling paint in the front?

If they can get that price, why would they bother with the peeling paint?

Velo Vol 07-24-21 11:02 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22156507)
I wonder if they could get more for it if they razed it

According to my Infusion Center HGTV watching, the way to go would be to spend $80,000 knocking out the inside walls, redoing the kitchen, bathroom, fixing the porch, fence, adding a few plants, and then sell it for $520,000.

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-21 11:03 PM

RIP Jackie Mason.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/wp...1&h=383&crop=1

datlas 07-25-21 04:51 AM

Yesterday's ride was good in that the weather was fine, I felt strong, and did an almost-century at 92 miles.

It was not so good in that one of my friends had a flat from hell that we tried repeatedly to fix and after several attempts he had to make the call of shame. I will leave out the details, but it involved going through a couple of tubes, multiple valve extractions courtesy of the Lezyne screw-on pump head, and even an attempt at a patch job. All three of us on the ride think ourselves decent mechanics so it was a bit humbling/humiliating for us. Plus it wasted a good hour of our time.

After the ride, mrs datlas, my sister, and I went to Longwood Gardens. I had not been there for a few years. It is really impressive so anyone visiting the area should try to see if if you have the chance. It's about 15 miles north of Wilmington, Delaware.

bampilot06 07-25-21 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22156413)
Leading contender.


glad we share something in common.

Trsnrtr 07-25-21 06:54 AM

I’m ignoring the podium this week. Just too hot. Instead, we’ve loaded up our CoMotion for a short ride.

#TakinItEasy

bampilot06 07-25-21 06:55 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22156514)
Steel vs Carbon.

My Ritchey isn't a 'crisp' on attack as either of my carbon bikes, or the Battaglin for that matter. It's more 'springy', without being noodly. You definitely feel a difference when you're up out of the saddle. But for some reason, the Ritchey feels easier to get into a rhythm when out of the saddle, too. As if the flex and return works with you. Not sure it that's still true of a Breakaway.

Feels like the first 1/4 of every stroke isn’t contributing to forward motion. I can tell it takes more effort to get up to speed compared to the cervelo.
Not complaining, just wanted to know why.

bampilot06 07-25-21 06:58 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22156685)
I’m ignoring the podium this week. Just too hot. Instead, we’ve loaded up our CoMotion for a short ride.

#TakinItEasy


Im kind of in the same boat. I got some crazy work stress which makes focusing on the ride kind of hard, plus the heat earlier in the week, made it unbearable. Start another 4 day trip on tuesday with only one day off followed by another 4 day trip, so I don’t think I will be getting much in for a little while.

Really glad the century challenge didn’t take place this year, this would be my worst year yet.

rjones28 07-25-21 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22156489)
Vacant house across from me has finally gone on the market. 480 sq ft can be yours for only $400K.
https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/c...-cc_ft_960.jpg

Does it come with that window unit?

big john 07-25-21 07:43 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22156695)
Does it come with that window unit?

Pretty sure it does. Plus, there is a junk car in the driveway which has been there as long as I have lived here (5 years).
The last time it rained the tenant had to spread tarps on the roof, so there's that.

big john 07-25-21 07:58 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22156525)
According to my Infusion Center HGTV watching, the way to go would be to spend $80,000 knocking out the inside walls, redoing the kitchen, bathroom, fixing the porch, fence, adding a few plants, and then sell it for $520,000.

That might work, actually. One problem is the owners don't want to spend anything on it and were considering letting it go to foreclosure. The other thing is who knows how bad it is until they get in there. If the roof has been leaking for years there could be a lot of hidden damage.

On the other hand, people might show up today and start bidding against each other because that's the market here.

DougRNS 07-25-21 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 22156413)
leading contender.


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 22155386)
i thought this, but am too nice of a person to post it.

​​​​​​​..

rjones28 07-25-21 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22156734)
Pretty sure it does. Plus, there is a junk car in the driveway which has been there as long as I have lived here (5 years).
The last time it rained the tenant had to spread tarps on the roof, so there's that.

A/C and a car? What a deal.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.