Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Eric F 09-19-22 10:49 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22652583)
Meh.
Wordle 457 5/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same net result, but considering I had all but the 4th letter on the 2nd guess, getting 5/6 was pretty irritating. Total guess because I had never heard/read that word before.

Mojo31 09-19-22 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22652558)
He helped me at my lowest point, definitely helped turn my life around. Details are still hard to come by, but sounds like he was hit in the head and fell over board.

Sad deal, and probably too soon in life.

He was doing something he enjoyed at the time though.

datlas 09-19-22 11:21 AM

The restaurant my cycling friend's daughter opened up a few years ago, and where my daughter worked (when she was not in LA) was just named to the New York Times' "Top 50 Restaurants in the USA."

:bday:

rjones28 09-19-22 11:37 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22652538)
Just learned a good friend of mine died in a sailing race last night in the Chesapeake Bay. He was going to retire in a year.

:hug:

Jack Tone 09-19-22 12:06 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22652538)
Just learned a good friend of mine died in a sailing race last night in the Chesapeake Bay. He was going to retire in a year.

Sorry, Bam.

phrantic09 09-19-22 12:29 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22652326)
Given that the newer covid strains produce mild illness (essentially a cold) and that mrs datlas and I are both vaxxed and boosted with the new bivalent booster, I think it's reasonable to relax our current policy of pretty much universal masking except when with our daughters (who are immune since they had covid in May). I still think it may be reasonable to mask in a very congested public location like public transport or a crowded theater, but day-to-day socializing etc. I think it's probably time to consider unmasking as the default setting rather than masked.

Mrs datlas is not ready, so that's a challenge. We went out for dinner last night and ate outside, which was fine, but as temps get cooler a change may be reasonable.

I havenít worn a mask unless required since I donít know when. Somehow, still havenít received Covid even after air travel etc. I think I am just super human, or lucky.

datlas 09-19-22 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22652706)
I havenít worn a mask unless required since I donít know when. Somehow, still havenít received Covid even after air travel etc. I think I am just super human, or lucky.

The issue, as I see it, is that over the past year or so it's become "reasonable" to wear a mask and it's "reasonable" to not wear one.

I am hoping we will eventually be at a point where it will be "over the top/overly cautious" to wear a mask. We are not there yet, and maybe we will never be there again, but hope springs eternal.

Mojo31 09-19-22 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22652716)
The issue, as I see it, is that over the past year or so it's become "reasonable" to wear a mask and it's "reasonable" to not wear one.

I am hoping we will eventually be at a point where it will be "over the top/overly cautious" to wear a mask. We are not there yet, and maybe we will never be there again, but hope springs eternal.

I think we are going the way of Asia since SARS. There will be mask wearing among those who are nervous about things and those that don't.

datlas 09-19-22 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22652746)
I think we are going the way of Asia since SARS. There will be mask wearing among those who are nervous about things and those that don't.

You may be correct. I am trying to get mrs datlas to relax her policy, which I honestly think is ok to do since we have the new bivalent booster etc., but she is not "ready" yet. I am not the most social animal anyway, so it's not a huge deal, but I am hoping she gets used to the idea of eating indoors in a restaurant before the cold weather sets in.

seedsbelize2 09-19-22 01:45 PM

I'm really anxious to see how it plays out here. The governor dropped the mask mandate, in open spaces, 3? months ago. There has been no change on the street. There are still folks on motorcycles miles from nowhere, fully masked. And people walking down empty roads, fully masked.

genejockey 09-19-22 01:52 PM

Most people are no longer masking here, but still, maybe 40% do. I've largely stopped, except places where they require it, like the dentist the other day, or places where it seems appropriate, like the drug store.

datlas 09-19-22 01:58 PM

I asked my ID (Infectious Disease) specialist if she envisions a time when masking will be optional in hospitals and healthcare settings.

Her answer: not anytime soon. Maybe never.

Sigh.

Mojo31 09-19-22 02:06 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22652774)
You may be correct. I am trying to get mrs datlas to relax her policy, which I honestly think is ok to do since we have the new bivalent booster etc., but she is not "ready" yet. I am not the most social animal anyway, so it's not a huge deal, but I am hoping she gets used to the idea of eating indoors in a restaurant before the cold weather sets in.

We're going to get the latest vaccine as well, but I'm waiting until after my October 3 trial since I don't have time to be down before then.

Hopefully it works as advertised since we are hosting a super-spreader event with 200+ people in early November. I don't want to get it, mild or otherwise.

datlas 09-19-22 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22652807)
We're going to get the latest vaccine as well, but I'm waiting until after my October 3 trial since I don't have time to be down before then.

Hopefully it works as advertised since we are hosting a super-spreader event with 200+ people in early November. I don't want to get it, mild or otherwise.

I am optimistic it will work if you get it 2+ weeks before the event.

Mojo31 09-19-22 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22652820)
I am optimistic it will work if you get it 2+ weeks before the event.

I'll have it in the tank at least a month ahead.

indyfabz 09-19-22 03:20 PM

Woke up at around 3 to the familiar pain of a kidney stone. Finally drove myself to a hospital. Arrived around 7:05. I didnít get any treatment until after 11.

Itís small enough that it should pass on its own.

My money is on dehydration Friday and Saturday. It was warm and humid, and riding conditions in many places made it tough to drink without stopping.

MoAlpha 09-19-22 04:04 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22652538)
Just learned a good friend of mine died in a sailing race last night in the Chesapeake Bay. He was going to retire in a year.

Oh, no! Sorry to hear. Canít find any mention of it in local media and those tragedies are always a big deal.

ls01 09-19-22 04:05 PM

My sympathies Bam.

terrymorse 09-19-22 04:08 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22652807)
We're going to get the latest vaccine as well, but I'm waiting until after my October 3 trial since I don't have time to be down before then.

Same for me, my hill climb is October 4th. Final two weeks of training -- I don't want a vaccination funk to interfere with that.

I'll get booster #4 when I get back home.

MoAlpha 09-19-22 04:30 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b75aad016.jpeg

MoAlpha 09-19-22 04:32 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22652897)
Woke up at around 3 to the familiar pain of a kidney stone. Finally drove myself to a hospital. Arrived around 7:05. I didnít get any treatment until after 11.

Itís small enough that it should pass on its own.

My money is on dehydration Friday and Saturday. It was warm and humid, and riding conditions in many places made it tough to drink without stopping.

Oh, God, that sucks. Hope it passes soon.

bampilot06 09-19-22 04:39 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0d54767b2.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1daf52774.jpeg


Wife surprised me with this today. Torch 2.0 and the varia with a camera. sheís been wanting me to have a camera for a while now.


First look, the varia doesnít fit my current madone varia mount, and the mount that comes with it doesnít fit the madone either.

seedsbelize2 09-19-22 05:15 PM

Condolences Bam

BillyD 09-19-22 05:23 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22651970)
ĒPlease, Please, PleaseĒ by James Brown.

:roflmao2:

Mojo31 09-19-22 06:18 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22652986)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0d54767b2.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1daf52774.jpeg


Wife surprised me with this today. Torch 2.0 and the varia with a camera. sheís been wanting me to have a camera for a while now.


First look, the varia doesnít fit my current madone varia mount, and the mount that comes with it doesnít fit the madone either.

Yes, heavier metal mount on the cam version.

I have a pair of Torch 3s, and really like them. Same last. Hope you enjoy them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.