Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

BillyD 07-02-22 07:34 PM

Addiction 2022.3
 
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6e6f28591.png
Cyclists be careful, less Di2 becomes a necessity for you.

BillyD 07-02-22 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22561879)
Since we're talking weather. @BillyD

Muchos gracias!

WhyFi 07-02-22 08:02 PM

In before the lock. ​​

rjones28 07-02-22 08:45 PM

What's this thread about?

DougRNS 07-02-22 09:01 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22562021)
What's this thread about?

Quality content.

datlas 07-03-22 05:09 AM

Wut

indyfabz 07-03-22 05:52 AM

A 3 for 2022.3.

Wordle 379 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 07-03-22 06:15 AM

Quality has definitely improved.

Jack Tone 07-03-22 06:20 AM

Got my Powerpod power meter to work. Don't know my own strength.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...794eca54fa.png

Trsnrtr 07-03-22 06:22 AM


Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22562224)
Got my Powerpod power meter to work. Don't know my own strength.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...794eca54fa.png

:lol: Laying down some BIG wattage!

WhyFi 07-03-22 06:34 AM

That's a hell of a sprint! Prolly gotta be careful and ramp it up so that the chain doesn't assplode.

SoSmellyAir 07-03-22 07:00 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22562021)
What's this thread about?

Another debate about Di2 in view of 105 R7150?

DougRNS 07-03-22 07:05 AM

Two Addiction threads open at once is one too many.
#QualityOverload

BillyD 07-03-22 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22562266)
Two Addiction threads open at once is one too many.
#QualityOverload

I just wanted to answer that proverbial question, "How bad could it be for a day or two."?

big john 07-03-22 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22562228)
:lol: Laying down some BIG wattage!

Almost 35 horsepower.

seedsbelize2 07-03-22 08:24 AM

"Everyone needs a hobby?....that's all I got.."
Could be keeping him off the drink, or drugs.

big john 07-03-22 08:53 AM

Tough one for me.
Wordle 379 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 07-03-22 09:24 AM

Apropos of datlas's cleaning out of his Dad's storage space - when Mrs. GJ got back from SoCal the other day, she brought with her a baggie of various jewelry, which she'd offered to help her friend's family determine the value of. The baggie contained 6 watches, of which 2 were solid 14kt gold, and the other 4 were just trash. Three rings - again, 2 14kt, and one just trash. Some cufflinks with no hallmarks, but I think one pair might have been solid gold, one solid silver, and the other 2 pair just trash.

This is what happens - folks have some valuable pieces among a lot of crap. They knew what was good and what was crap, but then they got old and dotty and/or died, and to the kids it's all just "Mom and Dad's stuff", and often they'll practically give it away, either with a garage/estate sale, or to someone who will offer a single price for the lot. Talking with other watch collectors, you'd find some folks who'd say they were building the collection to leave it to their kids. But you know, kids don't care about or understand their parents' collections of anything. It ends up being stuff to get rid off after they die. I suppose I should not complain, since this is how I got a lot of my watches for so cheap - Dad or Granddad wore them for years but then maybe they stopped working and they couldn't be bothered to get them fixed, and they could get a new watch that kept better time for less than the cost of fixing the old one, so it goes in a drawer, and decades later - well see the first paragraph.

rjones28 07-03-22 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir (Post 22562261)
Another debate about Di2 in view of 105 R7150?

Or Sram Rival AXS.

:innocent:

datlas 07-03-22 09:50 AM

Another sweaty ride done. Looks like I am KOM but likely to get kicked off the podium.

2manybikes 07-03-22 09:52 AM

Who else us riding to a parade tomorrow?

genejockey 07-03-22 09:59 AM

Meh.
Wordle 379 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 07-03-22 10:13 AM

Mr. B, the 26 lb. Philly cat seen here, has died. By all accounts he had a good life after being adopted in 2019.

https://www.morrisanimalrefuge.org/news/mr-b-the-chonk

seedsbelize2 07-03-22 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22562386)
Apropos of datlas's cleaning out of his Dad's storage space - when Mrs. GJ got back from SoCal the other day, she brought with her a baggie of various jewelry, which she'd offered to help her friend's family determine the value of. The baggie contained 6 watches, of which 2 were solid 14kt gold, and the other 4 were just trash. Three rings - again, 2 14kt, and one just trash. Some cufflinks with no hallmarks, but I think one pair might have been solid gold, one solid silver, and the other 2 pair just trash.

This is what happens - folks have some valuable pieces among a lot of crap. They knew what was good and what was crap, but then they got old and dotty and/or died, and to the kids it's all just "Mom and Dad's stuff", and often they'll practically give it away, either with a garage/estate sale, or to someone who will offer a single price for the lot. Talking with other watch collectors, you'd find some folks who'd say they were building the collection to leave it to their kids. But you know, kids don't care about or understand their parents' collections of anything. It ends up being stuff to get rid off after they die. I suppose I should not complain, since this is how I got a lot of my watches for so cheap - Dad or Granddad wore them for years but then maybe they stopped working and they couldn't be bothered to get them fixed, and they could get a new watch that kept better time for less than the cost of fixing the old one, so it goes in a drawer, and decades later - well see the first paragraph.

Back before she died, my Mom gave my sister a gold ring, a present from Dad. Many years later sis takes it in to be resized, and it can't be done. Worthless crap.

​​​​

seedsbelize2 07-03-22 10:38 AM

Still struggling with Wordle
I've played it rather badly today
6/6


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.