Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 04-07-22 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22464482)
My wife hasnít worked in three years. She got tired of the nonsense in her C level job and decided she wanted a change- so she took the LSATs and was going to go to law school. Then COVID happened and completely screwed the timeline. She didnít want to do her 1L remotely, so she didnít go.

Sheís been putting feelers out there and will probably go back to work soon, just needs to find the right job.

Mine retired when we had our first kid in 1996. Went back to work a little over a year ago. Then retired again this year.

indyfabz 04-07-22 08:49 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b94454ce1.jpeg

big john 04-07-22 09:12 AM

Wordle 292 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 04-07-22 09:54 AM

I got today's Wordle at 6. I was askeered the streak would end. Phew!

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22464460)
Nah, don't skip it. Forge ahead.


I hate losing.

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22464513)


does eminem still live there?

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:18 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22464465)
Right. There's a bit of time to prepare.


I guess using my limited days in the best way to have me prepare has me scratching me head. First ride back will obviously be something easy z2 25-35 miles. I would imagine day 2 would be similar maybe a little faster or a little longer. Day 3 if I am feeling stronger 30x30s. Day 4 z2 long ride so on and so on.

WhyFi 04-07-22 10:18 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464592)
I hate losing.

:rolleyes:

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:23 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22464599)
:rolleyes:


The last race I met these two from Moalpha territory. We warmed up together, they were both cool to talk to. I felt that our abilities were pretty even. I misunderstood and thought it was their first race too, but they have been hitting every race in Va and MD this season. They placed about 5 spots ahead of me. I follow one on strava and he has been putting me to shame. If he comes to the Hampton Crit, I doubt I would be able to keep up with his warm up let alone racing.

Mojo31 04-07-22 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464592)
I hate losing.

Nobody likes to lose, but all but one lose in every race. Use it to get the experience and practice in a race setting.

Besides, if you don't enter, you'll definitely lose.

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22464606)
Nobody likes to lose, but all but one lose in every race. Use it to get the experience and practice in a race setting.

Besides, if you don't enter, you'll definitely lose.


I sometimes dream of winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

Velo Vol 04-07-22 10:31 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22458540)
Nope, still two weeks of winter left.

Called it.


WhyFi 04-07-22 10:33 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464601)
The last race I met these two from Moalpha territory. We warmed up together, they were both cool to talk to. I felt that our abilities were pretty even. I misunderstood and thought it was their first race too, but they have been hitting every race in Va and MD this season. They placed about 5 spots ahead of me. I follow one on strava and he has been putting me to shame. If he comes to the Hampton Crit, I doubt I would be able to keep up with his warm up let alone racing.

So you're only going to show up if you think that you're among the fittest lining up? You're getting in your own head. Just ride your bike.

BillyD 04-07-22 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22464494)
Seems plausible if someone was trying to do so and crashed. Hard to imagine it simply being a misjudgement of timing when you'll clear the tracks. Are you really going to cut it that close?

Daredevils. Have you ever watched Extreme Sports events? I wouldn't do ANY of that ****.

Mojo31 04-07-22 10:38 AM

Not every athlete is in peak shape for every event. They play unless they can't.

Just look at Tiger walking Augusta this week.

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:42 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22464619)
So you're only going to show up if you think that you're among the fittest lining up? You're getting in your own head. Just ride your bike.


Fact.

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22464625)
Not every athlete is in peak shape for every event. They play unless they can't.

Just look at Tiger walking Augusta this week.


Not helping your argument. He said yesterday in an interview he only does events he think he can win.

datlas 04-07-22 10:49 AM

Just had a HUGE sneeze while chewing a mouthful of carrots. What an orange mess!!

Mojo31 04-07-22 10:49 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464632)
Not helping your argument. He said yesterday in an interview he only does events he think he can win.

Then look at Bacot in the NCAA tournament. He played in the finals with an injured ankle.

Athletes play. They don't stay home because they feel suboptimal.

LAJ 04-07-22 10:51 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22464619)
So you're only going to show up if you think that you're among the fittest lining up? You're getting in your own head. Just ride your bike.

No doubt. There are days that the best course of action would be throwing my bike in a lake, and others that have me thinking I may not be to bad at this stuff. I line up against world champions and racers that have been at it for a while, so it's very humbling. That said, I'm still able to grab points here and there towards upgrading to a 2. Maybe someday, and that's a goal that's out there.

Do you train to win? No. You train to train better. When you train well, you race better, but the variables don't promise a win. Bike racing is hard, and training for bike racing is even harder. Until you get on a plan that has you preparing year round, do as WhyFi says.

Ride your bike.

bampilot06 04-07-22 10:52 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22464638)
Then look at Bacot in the NCAA tournament. He played in the finals with an injured ankle.

Athletes play. They don't stay home because they feel suboptimal.


Okay okay Iíll do it. Sheesh donít twist my arm.

LAJ 04-07-22 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464632)
Not helping your argument. He said yesterday in an interview he only does events he think he can win.

The .01%'ers are wired that way. He might not b able to walk the course 4 days in a row, but that doesn't stop him from competing.

WhyFi 04-07-22 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22464632)
Not helping your argument. He said yesterday in an interview he only does events he think he can win.

You're not Tiger ******g Woods. You're a newly-minted CAT5.

genejockey 04-07-22 10:59 AM

Meh. Better than 6/6 or worse.
Wordle 292 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 04-07-22 11:00 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22464652)
You're not Tiger ******g Woods. You're a newly-minted CAT5.

Quoted. Gotta keep the good stuff around forever.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.