Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

Doctor Morbius 08-18-18 07:15 PM

12 miles total. 10 exercise and 2 cooldown.

Happy Feet 08-18-18 08:56 PM

83km's up and down the Chilliwack River Valley

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1876/...037308ca_b.jpg

one4smoke 08-19-18 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by Happy Feet (Post 20514341)
83km's up and down the Chilliwack River Valley

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1876/...037308ca_b.jpg

Really like the pic! :thumb:

What kind of bike is that?

Happy Feet 08-19-18 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20514831)
Really like the pic! :thumb:

What kind of bike is that?

Thanks :)

It's a 2016 Norco Valence Taigra.

Doctor Morbius 08-19-18 05:36 PM

17 miles total. 10 was at a brisk exercise pace and 7 was putz speed (warmup and cooldown).

Rollfast 08-19-18 06:55 PM

I don't care how fer, it has been on this for three days now...

Chef Joe 08-19-18 08:04 PM

2nd day on my bike
 
2nd day on my bike and I rode 9.7 miles. First bike in a long time.

avidbiker14 08-21-18 11:21 AM

20. Blowe'd a tire.

one4smoke 08-22-18 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by jeffreythree (Post 19079218)
After almost becoming a car/bike/suv sandwich leaving the neighborhood, I changed to a shorter 29 mile ride today on quieter side roads. Amazing how a ride helped that stressful encounter melt away. Cosmetic damage only to me and the bike, luckily.

Wow! Thatíll make you brit your *****ches! :eek:

jeffreythree 08-22-18 03:52 PM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20521273)
Wow! Thatíll make you brit your *****ches! :eek:

It has been a while since that happened, and I see the instigator of it quite often at local car shows and on Saturdays. It was his hot rod stalling out after hitting a hot patched pot hole that started that chain reaction. I rub it in a little each time I see him that a busy public road is not the best place to find out he did not put something together right.

one4smoke 08-25-18 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by Chef Joe (Post 20515964)
2nd day on my bike and I rode 9.7 miles. First bike in a long time.

Over 500 miles total in June and 500 total in July, but not squat in August so far.

This dang crud I've had just won't go away. Still in my chest.

Doctor Morbius 08-25-18 04:17 PM

Got in 8 miles today before it started to rain. I recently cleaned the bike up and waxed it so I didn't want to get it covered in schmutz already. I'll make it up tomorrow or the next day or whenever. I don't really ride very far any more anyway. Too much work.

Doctor Morbius 08-25-18 04:18 PM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20527064)
Over 500 miles total in June and 500 total in July, but not squat in August so far.

This dang crud I've had just won't go away. Still in my chest.

Bummer! Chest crud is the worst of them. Seems like chest crud hangs around for months when I get it.

Troul 08-25-18 06:48 PM

Went out way before the clouds rolled in to go a clean 30 miles to end up doing 40 miles in order to dodge as much heavy rain as possible. The clouds swept in fast with nasty side/head winds & it down poured. Made it to the driveway & could hear a faint rumble. Cleaning up the bicycle, lubricating the moving parts, & down it came harder with big thunder.

Felt good tho!

bicyclridr4life 08-25-18 11:49 PM

Only 27.3 miles.

one4smoke 08-26-18 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 20527576)
Went out way before the clouds rolled in to go a clean 30 miles to end up doing 40 miles in order to dodge as much heavy rain as possible. The clouds swept in fast with nasty side/head winds & it down poured. Made it to the driveway & could hear a faint rumble. Cleaning up the bicycle, lubricating the moving parts, & down it came harder with big thunder.

Felt good tho!

Would have loved to been able to ride the last couple of days, ...just ideal conditions.

Troul 08-26-18 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20529035)
Would have loved to been able to ride the last couple of days, ...just ideal conditions.

I'd have much welcomed the rain from the last ride. Was 90%+++ humidity above 80F during todays ride. Did not achieve the distance like last outing, did manage 37 miles. There must have been free giveaways everywhere as there was an abundant of aimless & directionally challenged locals.

Doctor Morbius 08-26-18 06:32 PM

12 miles on the Roam today. Last year I rode just over 1,000 outside miles before it got too chilly for my asthma. This year I'm way off that number and I don't even care or have the motivation to try and catch up.

one4smoke 08-28-18 06:04 PM


Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius (Post 20529255)
12 miles on the Roam today. Last year I rode just over 1,000 outside miles before it got too chilly for my asthma. This year I'm way off that number and I don't even care or have the motivation to try and catch up.

Well, doc told me I have pneumonia, so gonna be longer than I ever imagined it would.

DrIsotope 08-28-18 07:05 PM

64 miles, 2,164ft, 19.5mph.

My 10th metric century for the month of August.

M_Wales 08-28-18 07:16 PM

A whole 5 miles...

Doctor Morbius 08-28-18 07:44 PM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20533678)
Well, doc told me I have pneumonia, so gonna be longer than I ever imagined it would.

Man, that sucks! Something like that would certainly take the wind out of one's sails. Sorry to hear it.

Doctor Morbius 08-30-18 06:36 PM

14 total today. 10 miles was at a brisk exercise pace. Actually, it was the 2nd fastest 10 miles I've ridden all summer. :thumb: The other 4 were super easy warmup and cooldown miles.

Hoopdriver 08-31-18 03:25 PM

Only 30 miles today on my trike. This will be my 3rd 100+ week in a row.

Troul 08-31-18 06:30 PM

31 miles


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.