Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

genejockey 09-26-21 03:15 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22246177)
easier to wear slippers than carpet the world.

It is better to curse a single candle than to light the darkness.

Or something.

indyfabz 09-26-21 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22245923)
Go for a ride? Clean your bike?

I don稚 want to see a bike for a while, much less ride or clean one.

Took the bus to the Terminal, met a friend, got a lite nosh, went to the local to watch football and am now going to bake a bronzino to go with saut馥d spinach.

big john 09-26-21 04:06 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22246177)
easier to wear slippers than carpet the world.

Now that it's not brutally hot (at least this weekend) some people are putting together some nice gravel/mixed surface rides. There were 2 yesterday that sounded like fun. Maybe I should get an e-gravel bike. Or just a nice gravel bike.

Trsnrtr 09-26-21 04:14 PM

Speaking of hot or warmish, we may set some high temp records this week or so the local weather guessers are saying.

BillyD 09-26-21 04:31 PM

I’ll even cheer for Deshaun Jackson if he’ll help beat Tom Brady.
#strangebedfellows
#whateverittakes

big john 09-26-21 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22246339)
I値l even cheer for Deshaun Jackson if he値l help beat Tom Brady.
#strangebedfellows
#whateverittakes

Nothing unites people like a common enemy.

WhyFi 09-26-21 04:41 PM

Baseball game was fun. We even got flu shots while we were there! :bday:

Also, I thought that this sign was very helpful -

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2a14e1a420.jpg

DougRNS 09-26-21 04:48 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22246350)
Baseball game was fun. We even got flu shots while we were there! :bday:

Also, I thought that this sign was very helpful -

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2a14e1a420.jpg

Don't tell vol.

Velo Vol 09-26-21 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22246350)
Baseball game was fun.

It's football season. Or, if you want something slower paced, there's still grass to watch growing.

big john 09-26-21 05:00 PM

Some of the people I joined on their gravel ride last November did a nice one yesterday. Would have been a bit much on my mountain bike but it sure looked like fun from the pictures.
We have a lot of roads with views.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cce9acdd6b.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...752a793aab.jpg
This guy is strong on the road, on the mtb, and on his gravel bike. The woman there has done over 100 double centuries.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f1d06fcb58.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fa6ab29b0e.jpg

rjones28 09-26-21 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22245589)
Sometimes see dogs being hauled in trailers.

People do weird things.

:innocent:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d7a2a468c1.jpg

Velo Vol 09-26-21 05:10 PM

expert
V V

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22246377)
:innocent:


rjones28 09-26-21 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22246117)
New trike new dog. If she's harnessed into the old trike she chews on the harness, the padding, and my jacket.

E trike Nosmo King 9-20-21 | Flickr

Nice.

rjones28 09-26-21 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246142)
Activity complete. Breakfast time.

:foo:

LesterOfPuppets 09-26-21 05:15 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22246339)
I値l even cheer for Deshaun Jackson if he値l help beat Tom Brady.
#strangebedfellows
#whateverittakes

I'm skipping the Tampa Bay game. Miami vs the Raiders is quite the game!

Kinda glad they're not televising the Seahawks vs Purple People Eaters. Score updates are sad enough.

Velo Vol 09-26-21 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22246387)
:foo:

It was the first meal of the day, and I had cereal, so consider it breakfast.

WhyFi 09-26-21 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22246389)
Kinda glad they're not televising the Seahawks vs Purple People Eaters. Score updates are sad enough.

It's about time that the Vikes didn't play like asshats.

Velo Vol 09-26-21 05:18 PM


LesterOfPuppets 09-26-21 05:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22245772)
Dogs.


Velo Vol 09-26-21 05:24 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22246389)
Kinda glad they're not televising the Seahawks vs Purple People Eaters. Score updates are sad enough.

Kudos to your Cardinals.

DougRNS 09-26-21 05:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246397)
Kudos to your Cardinals.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bca8782d8a.jpg
Yes, they've won 16 in a row.
​​​​​​​#Baseball

MoAlpha 09-26-21 05:43 PM

Went for a sail this afternoon. Conditions were sporty and we were sailing upwind pretty maxed out when I jumped off the coaming to tweak a line on the cabin top. I heard LSS shriek from the wheel and was wondering if the rig was coming down or a powerboat was about to ram us, when she finally found her words: Snake! And, by God, there was a snake in the cockpit. It quickly made its was through a drain hole and under the wheel pedestal and I couldn’t find it when we got to the slip. Looked like a regular garter snake-type thing. New one for me!

LesterOfPuppets 09-26-21 05:53 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22246397)
Kudos to your Cardinals.

Sad day for ijen's Jags, even though they just tied for the longest TD.

indyfabz 09-26-21 05:58 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22246339)
I値l even cheer for Deshaun Jackson if he値l help beat Tom Brady.
#strangebedfellows
#whateverittakes

He did.

Velo Vol 09-26-21 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22246417)
Went for a sail this afternoon. Conditions were sporty and we were sailing upwind pretty maxed out when I jumped off the coaming to tweak a line on the cabin top. I heard LSS shriek from the wheel and was wondering if the rig was coming down or a powerboat was about to ram us, when she finally found her words: Snake! And, by God, there was a snake in the cockpit. It quickly made its was through a drain hole and under the wheel pedestal and I couldn’t find it when we got to the slip. Looked like a regular garter snake-type thing. New one for me!

wut is sporty?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.