Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

ksryder 07-14-21 06:58 AM

Shipping confirmation on the Otso today. Should be here Thursday. Just in time for me to leave town this weekend. :mad:

rjones28 07-14-21 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22140989)

You should probably keep that to yourself.

Mojo31 07-14-21 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22140989)

It's also National Tape Measure Day.

I hope you measure up.

Velo Vol 07-14-21 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22140995)
You should probably keep that to yourself.

Good point.

I don't want to get you all hot and bothered if you're at work.

Bah Humbug 07-14-21 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22140335)
Great! I love Takeda AS knives, which he makes now only as a custom. I also love the work of Hiromoto also an AS knife maker but retired now.
Sample of some of my kitchen knives & few Takeda folders.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d48adcf73.jpeg

Colors boosted, but thatís the patina on my Bloodroot. Made from the springs of my grandparentsí wedding gift Studebaker.

Did always want an AS<3

sshakari 07-14-21 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22141104)
Colors boosted, but thatís the patina on my Bloodroot. Made from the springs of my grandparentsí wedding gift Studebaker.

Did always want an AS<3

Those some of the toughest knives to get and I love the Bloodroot idea of recycled blades especially with so much sentimental value. Your patina looks awesome! There are many knife makers out there, but few really great ones. Luke and David are crushing it!

Once you go AS you never go back! They are sharp as $h**, very hard steel, brittle and easy to sharpen.

DougRNS 07-14-21 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22140957)
Stretching activities?

first appointment was mostly an assessment. Once my awesomeness was confirmed, stretching activities commenced.

$72 per session will limit my patience. My first regular session should be less $ but they are an hour long so who knows. I'm at 20% coinsurance so the allowable charge should be less than $360/hour.

Velo Vol 07-14-21 10:30 AM

bampilot06 you could save a lot of time deplaning your passengers like this:


Velo Vol 07-14-21 11:08 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22141238)
first appointment was mostly an assessment.

Sound hopeful?

Or is it, "We'll see what happens"?

DougRNS 07-14-21 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22141287)
Sound hopeful?

Or is it, "We'll see what happens"?

1. You missed the mist important part, "Once my awesomeness was confirmed"
2. They sounded like they wanted my money.

Velo Vol 07-14-21 11:25 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22141292)
1. You missed the mist important part, "Once my awesomeness was confirmed"
2. They sounded like they wanted my money.

1. No I didn't.
2. The only time I saw a physical therapist it was obvious from day one that it was "we'll see if this helps." It did not help.

DougRNS 07-14-21 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22141305)
1. No I didn't.
2. The only time I saw a physical therapist it was obvious from day one that it was "we'll see if this helps." It did not help.

So my awesomeness was taken as a given. Very good grasshopper, you have learned well.

Velo Vol 07-14-21 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22141311)
So my awesomeness was taken as a given.

No.

DougRNS 07-14-21 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22141325)
No.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. Reminds me of this:

datlas 07-14-21 02:40 PM

Very humid ride with my Weds group. We have a new rider from Texas who cramped up at the end. She said she has no problem with the heat but apparently combo of heat plus humidity was too much. Even so, a splendid time was had by all.

Bah Humbug 07-14-21 02:51 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22141556)
Very humid ride with my Weds group. We have a new rider from Texas who cramped up at the end. She said she has no problem with the heat but apparently combo of heat plus humidity was too much. Even so, a splendid time was had by all.

That is really surprising. Without knowing her, Iíd have expected the hills to be the issue.

big john 07-14-21 02:52 PM

I did my standard Wednesday loop from home, 27ish miles with 2500 feet of gain and a 9 mile dirt descent. It was so nice at the top I didn't want to come back down.

sshakari 07-14-21 03:00 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22141576)
I did my standard Wednesday loop from home, 27ish miles with 2500 feet of gain and a 9 mile dirt descent. It was so nice at the top I didn't want to come back down.

Nice! I overslept today and did not get up early enough to ride:mad:.

datlas 07-14-21 03:04 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22141572)
That is really surprising. Without knowing her, I’d have expected the hills to be the issue.

Apparently it was HHH that caused the problem: Hills, Heat, and Humidity.

She said she is a runner too. Something about a 50K? :twitchy:

big john 07-14-21 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22141600)
Apparently it was HHH that caused the problem: Hills, Heat, and Humidity.

She said she is a runner too. Something about a 50K? :twitchy:

Maybe she didn't drink enough?

datlas 07-14-21 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22141602)
Maybe she didn't drink enough?

Maybe. We had water stops at mile 20 and 35 for a 50 miler so plenty of opportunity. Causes of cramps are tough to pin down but over-exertion plus heat are 2 common ones. The whole electrolytes thing is over-rated imo.

Velo Vol 07-14-21 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22141602)
Maybe she didn't pre-hydrate?

Fixed.

LesterOfPuppets 07-14-21 03:30 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22141602)
Maybe she didn't drink enough?

They definitely should've stopped for a beer and a couple shots.

big john 07-14-21 03:38 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22141642)
They definitely should've stopped for a beer and a couple shots.

That would relax those muscles.

big john 07-14-21 03:50 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22141619)
Maybe. We had water stops at mile 20 and 35 for a 50 miler so plenty of opportunity. Causes of cramps are tough to pin down but over-exertion plus heat are 2 common ones. The whole electrolytes thing is over-rated imo.

Hard to drink too much on a 50. I drank at least 100oz today plus pre and post ride water. I was out for 3+ hours. I think the only time I cramp is if I do a lot of climbing after not climbing for weeks. It's been a while.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.