Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Mojo31 10-16-21 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22272003)
I put on my lighter winter gear and went out. It was the right decision. It was actually pretty pleasant, much more so than the other day, when it was 5į warmer but damp and windy.

Same. Hands were numb for about 10 miles. Then warmed up.

indyfabz 10-16-21 11:15 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22271899)
All that coal coming out of the Powder River Basin I reckon.

Correct. For two nights in 2015 I camped along the skinnier line above it, in Edgemont, SD. Much of the day there were 125-150 car unit coal trains about every hour. I believe itís a crew change point for westbound trains. Jitneys taking crews to a dorm-looking building in town.

Velo Vol 10-16-21 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22271930)
Another fun fact. For those who have heard of helluva french onion dip, I pronounce it ha-lou-va to piss off my wife. It's a gift.

So fun.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22271931)
I am seeing a game tonight in the nest so, the nest obv.
not a fan of large bowl stadiums like knoxville muni.

SMH.

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22271982)
You don't have me on Ignore? I must not be trying hard enough.

Nope. Maybe if you try endless name-calling or conspiracy stuff.

datlas 10-16-21 11:37 AM

Got a good ride in and beat the storm. It’s hot and windy, so it feels more like July than October. I do expect this was the last sweatfest ride of the year. We had too many riders (about 20) and it was not quite as organized as it coulda/shoulda been, but no injuries and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Velo Vol 10-16-21 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22271931)
not a fan of large bowl stadiums like knoxville muni.

This has been the proper shape of a stadium for thousands of years.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b48d860e9e.jpg

Mojo31 10-16-21 11:54 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22271984)
Looking more and more like Sram killed my front derailluer with their update. There has got to be a better way to inform consumers that your technology needs an update other than it won't function. Or that the app needs an update because it now doesn't work with the equipment it was designed to update.
6 hours of my life so far wasted on this cludge. Very little assistance from Sram, other than asking me questions. What serial number, did you turn it off and back on? Yesterday I was down to one shifter and a rear derailluer that would only downshift. Turns out the app needed an update. Did that this a.m. . Then paired everything again. I have a rear mech and 2 functioning shifters but still no front mech.
Bastiges!

That answers a question thatís been lingering in my mind.

datlas 10-16-21 11:56 AM

This SRAM talk has me wondering. One of today’s riders has Etap and he kept dropping/throwing his chain when using his FD. He even had to stop a few times to put chain back on. I don’t know details but apparently he is at LBS now asking them to fix it.

Mojo31 10-16-21 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272144)
This has been the proper shape of a stadium for thousands of years.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b48d860e9e.jpg

You ever been there?

DougRNS 10-16-21 12:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272144)
This has been the proper shape of a stadium for thousands of years.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b48d860e9e.jpg

yet you don't like music from the 60's and 70's.
SMFH

Velo Vol 10-16-21 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22272155)
You ever been there?

Nope. Never been outside North America.

Velo Vol 10-16-21 12:03 PM

If you're going to wait this long to honk the horn, why even bother? No sparks flying from the brakes, either.


DougRNS 10-16-21 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22272153)
This SRAM talk has me wondering. One of todayís riders has Etap and he kept dropping/throwing his chain when using his FD. He even had to stop a few times to put chain back on. I donít know details but apparently he is at LBS now asking them to fix it.

tubeless tires and e shifting may turn me into a retro grouch. DT friction shifters for the win. I don't have time for those problems.

DougRNS 10-16-21 12:06 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272159)
Nope. Never been outside North America.

but you've been to Oklahoma.

genejockey 10-16-21 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272160)
If you're going to wait this long to honk the horn, why even bother? No sparks flying from the brakes, either.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1449432569464885248

the crossing lights are flashing the whole time.

Velo Vol 10-16-21 12:13 PM

wut


Mojo31 10-16-21 12:14 PM

Brand new 1030 Plus is bricked before it’s first ride. Did the set up, and paired the sensors the other night. Got to my ride this morning, and it will not turn on.

datlas 10-16-21 12:18 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22272175)
Brand new 1030 Plus is bricked before it’s first ride. Did the set up, and paired the sensors the other night. Got to my ride this morning, and it will not turn on.

Phooey.

I hope a hard reset solves that.

Velo Vol 10-16-21 12:18 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22272162)
tubeless tires and e shifting may turn me into a retro grouch. DT friction shifters for the win. I don't have time for those problems.

It's a freakin' bicycle.

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22272169)
the crossing lights are flashing the whole time.

And?

Mojo31 10-16-21 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272160)
If you're going to wait this long to honk the horn, why even bother? No sparks flying from the brakes, either.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1449432569464885248

Bigger question is why is the truck just sitting on tracks with its flashers on?

Velo Vol 10-16-21 12:24 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22272182)
Bigger question is why is the truck just sitting on tracks with its flashers on?

Answered in the article. It got stuck due to raised tracks and heavy cargo load.

Mojo31 10-16-21 12:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22272179)
Phooey.

I hope a hard reset solves that.

Wonít respond to any button or combo. Total brick. Not even recognized by my computer. Going back.

Mojo31 10-16-21 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272187)
Answered in the article. It got stuck due to raised tracks and heavy cargo load.

Truckís fault then.

LesterOfPuppets 10-16-21 12:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22272144)
This has been the proper shape of a stadium for thousands of years.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b48d860e9e.jpg

This'll be right up your alley:


ls01 10-16-21 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22272153)
This SRAM talk has me wondering. One of todayís riders has Etap and he kept dropping/throwing his chain when using his FD. He even had to stop a few times to put chain back on. I donít know details but apparently he is at LBS now asking them to fix it.


If something breaks or dies I get it. Everything has a lifespan. But a update shouldn't be the cause of a component to fail. That's kinda the opposite of an update.
I admit I really like the electronic stuff. But it's not a deal breaker for me. I will go back to cables if I have too.

WhyFi 10-16-21 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22272188)
Wonít respond to any button or combo. Total brick. Not even recognized by my computer. Going back.

That blows.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.