Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Secret Santa 2013 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=920397)

pastorbobnlnh 11-01-13 06:39 AM

Secret Santa 2013

I'm preaching a sermon series through most of November and into December titled "A Different Kind of Christmas." Which spun up the synaptic connections :lol: and caused the memory of previous years' C&V Secret Santa escapades to dance in my head. Also we had snow here in the NH mountains the other morning, and the Killington Ski area in nearby VT opened for business last week, so winter, and Christmas, and Santa, are all on my mind. :D

I'll volunteer to play Santa Coordinator again this year. :)

Here are my rules (slightly modified from last year): :rolleyes:
  1. You must have joined BF no later than September 30th, 2013 and have 50 posts by November 30th, 2013 to participate (I'll explain why in a separate post).
  2. Deadline to PM or email your name, address, and email to me is Thursday November 28th at midnight your local time (pastorbobnlnh@gmail.com).
  3. My deadline to PM (or email) the needed information about your C&V Elf to gift as his/her Secret Santa will be Friday December 4th at midnight EST.
  4. Your Deadline to mail your Secret Santa gift to your C&V Elf is Saturday December 21st (delayed senders should contact me).
  5. Your package should not reveal your Secret Santa identity, so be creative on a return address (more on this in another post).
  6. Pictures of the gift you received must be posted in this thread within 24-48 hours of opening.
  7. I will post BF names of Secret Santas and their Elves by Sunday December 29th.
  8. By consensus of the group in 2012, Secret Santa gifts should be kept within the range of $20-30.

Let the Christmas cheer begin! :) :p

The final 2013 Secret Santa Participants in order of their notifying me (List Closed on November 29th):
bibliobob, daf1009, shoota, KonAaron Snake, 23 skidoo, Michael Angelo, rccardr, b dub, orangeology, 16victor, IthaDan, bikingshearer, David325, JPZ76, gomango, balindamood, PedalTraveler, Chrome Molly, gaucho777, puchfinnland, noglider, obrentharris, Iowegian, RaleighSport, OTG, bici_mania, jeirvine, campngolf, pinch1967, oddjob2, crandress, shaneferd, whatwolf, PeregrineA1, Stevensb

bibliobob 11-01-13 06:46 AM

I'm in!

daf1009 11-01-13 07:15 AM

While I am relatively new here...I'm in...sounds like fun...

Duane

pastorbobnlnh 11-01-13 07:20 AM

We have our first participants! :)

A little more on Rule #1 , BF Membership cut-off deadline:

In past years, one of the challenges of a Santa participant is to determine what gift to send to their Elf. If you have not been a member for at least a minimum amount of time and have not posted a few dozen times, this becomes very difficult to determine. Also if your post count is below 50 the possibility of PM communication becomes challenging (some people don't like to reveal their email address).

So, I set this being fairly generous as having been a member for at least a month, and you have about another month to share enough about yourself to make it to the 50 post minimum. So, hopefully if you are a newbie interested in participating, and currently your post count is not where it needs to be, you'll make the deadline in the spirit of this C&V tradition. :innocent: :D

shoota 11-01-13 07:28 AM

I'm in!

KonAaron Snake 11-01-13 07:39 AM

I'm in (and sent an email).

23skidoo 11-01-13 07:50 AM

Count on me.

Michael Angelo 11-01-13 08:28 AM

Count me in I have a few rare and used campy parts I can gift away.....

Lascauxcaveman 11-01-13 10:48 AM

I can't do this. If anyone goes back and reads my posts, I'll get a lump of coal for sure :(

rccardr 11-01-13 11:36 AM

I'm definitely in again this year!

b dub 11-01-13 11:57 AM

I'm in.

I do have a question regarding rule #6 'Pictures of the gift you received must be posted in this thread within 24 hours of receipt.'

I would like to wait with opening my gift until Christmas eve (if I have received it by that time of course), which would mean I will not be able to post pictures within 24 hours of receipt. I guess I can post pictures of the unopened package unless that is what you meant...

orangeology 11-01-13 12:40 PM

in with the fullest level of love. i've received excessive amount of loves from this forum, time to get it back. thanks for organizing this *as usual*, Pastor!

16Victor 11-01-13 01:02 PM

Put me in!

IthaDan 11-01-13 01:15 PM

Sign me up.

bikingshearer 11-01-13 01:24 PM

When I was part of this a couple years ago, dipping into parts bins and personal library shelves was cool. Is that still true, or are we purchasing for each other?

I'm in either way, but wanted to clarify.

David325 11-01-13 01:34 PM

Count me in for sure!

pastorbobnlnh 11-01-13 03:17 PM

Okay, I think I've updated the list as of 5:00 p.m. EDT.

Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman (Post 16210606)
I can't do this. If anyone goes back and reads my posts, I'll get a lump of coal for sure :(

That's why you need to behave yourself during the year. :thumb: If you change your mind let me know.

Originally Posted by b dub (Post 16210879)
I'm in.

I do have a question regarding rule #6 'Pictures of the gift you received must be posted in this thread within 24 hours of receipt.'

I would like to wait with opening my gift until Christmas eve (if I have received it by that time of course), which would mean I will not be able to post pictures within 24 hours of receipt. I guess I can post pictures of the unopened package unless that is what you meant...

Good point. I'll revise the rule to read something like: "...within 24-48 hours of opening." How's that? :D

Originally Posted by bikingshearer (Post 16211151)
When I was part of this a couple years ago, dipping into parts bins and personal library shelves was cool. Is that still true, or are we purchasing for each other?

I'm in either way, but wanted to clarify.

Some folks get hung up on the the amount to spend. I sort of feel that you should use your best judgement and each of us can do what we can, i.e. some more some less. The spirit of a gift is it is a gift with no strings attached or expectations in the first place. So go with your gut. The rest will fall into place! :)

gomango 11-01-13 03:19 PM

I'm in. :)

JPZ66 11-01-13 03:21 PM

Oh yes, it was great fun last year....I'm in for sure ! Thanks for setting it up again this year Pastor Bob !!

Cheers,

Joe

Chrome Molly 11-01-13 05:01 PM

I'm feeling festive already. Should be fun.

balindamood 11-01-13 08:36 PM

I'm in if I can get enough posts by the deadline!

pastorbobnlnh 11-01-13 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by balindamood (Post 16212153)
I'm in if I can get enough posts by the deadline!

:p :lol:

gaucho777 11-01-13 10:15 PM

Ho-Ho-Ho! Count me in. Thanks for organizing, Bob!

pastorbobnlnh 11-07-13 12:03 PM

Just a quick little bump: After week one of the pre-Secret Santa Season, we have 20 participants as of November 7th. No international Santas yet. Any interest? We can figure out postage increases and ship time delays and make this work. :)

puchfinnland 11-13-13 08:40 AM

Count me in!
Mike

now where is photogravity?