Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

linberl 11-12-16 10:39 AM

Wow! I ride 18-20 miles every day but reading this thread has really inspired me! I've got to find a way to carve out more time to ride longer. I also need to figure out longer routes - I like loops and hate backtracking home. Bookmarking this thread so I can come back for motivational purposes, thanks =).

one4smoke 11-12-16 12:38 PM


Originally Posted by linberl (Post 19186861)
Wow! I ride 18-20 miles every day but reading this thread has really inspired me! I've got to find a way to carve out more time to ride longer. I also need to figure out longer routes - I like loops and hate backtracking home. Bookmarking this thread so I can come back for motivational purposes, thanks =).

Glad you find inspiration in the thread!

Thanks to all that takes time to share their accomplishments. It inspires and motivates myself as well.

OldTryGuy 11-12-16 04:14 PM

First outing began at 3:25AM. A bit chilly but well worth it to begin under a beautiful moon and rode the 7-speed 35 pound hybrid for a slow and easy 31 miles. Back home to put on padded shorts, cycling shirt, have a quick bite to eat then back out at 7:40AM to meet up with the group at the LBS. This time on my upright bar 29.5 pound touring Paramount for an additional 73 miles. 104 was a good day but not done yet. Had to go food shopping at Walmart and the local fresh vegetable/fruit store so back out on the 7-speed but this time only 5 miles.

Horrible Hundred in Clermont, FL. a week from tomorrow then in another week the Space Coast Half Marathon.

jorglueke 11-15-16 03:41 PM

A nice 15 mile lunch circuit today with the snow starting to threaten

47p2 11-15-16 04:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Due to a close friend's bereavement I've not been out for a week so today I had to do an errand for my 92 year old mother-in-law who stays 12 miles away. So today's total was 24 miles. Unfortunately I was behind this numpty who didn't like waiting at red lights

one4smoke 11-15-16 10:08 PM

25.4 miles today after about a week off.

one4smoke 11-19-16 07:54 AM

Oh yeah, almost forgot to post here... 102 miles Wednesday!

jamesdak 11-19-16 11:27 PM

A little over 71 miles today on this.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/164549453.jpg

anonymousperson 11-20-16 05:23 PM

18 miles/62 min, / 4 m/hr wind / 31*F / 6:30 AM / Trek 2300

Laurido92 11-20-16 08:45 PM

Yesterday: 41.5 miles/2h:17m/ 57*F/ 10 mph winds/ 18 mph AVG/ Fuji SL 2.3.
Today: 28.5 miles/1h:40m/ 30*F/ 6 mph winds/ 17 mph AVG/ Fuji SL 2.3.

anonymousperson 11-20-16 11:20 PM


Originally Posted by Laurido92 (Post 19204339)
Yesterday: 41.5 miles/2h:17m/ 57*F/ 10 mph winds/ 18 mph AVG/ Fuji SL 2.3.
Today: 28.5 miles/1h:40m/ 30*F/ 6 mph winds/ 17 mph AVG/ Fuji SL 2.3.


Impressive!

ooga-booga 11-22-16 02:44 AM

a nice, coolish (for socal) 65-miler

https://www.strava.com/activities/782145486

one4smoke 11-22-16 09:36 PM

Sneaked in 20!

ooga-booga 11-22-16 10:13 PM

a lil, desolate 40-miler around the great western loop in the san diego area with about 3,700 elevation gain.

https://www.strava.com/activities/782986838

47p2 11-24-16 01:21 AM

Sub zero temperature 22 miles in the sunshine to get some lovely views

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...2014.36.25.png

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...0cycling/a.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...cycling/aa.jpg

Ben Lomond and the Arrochar Alps 35 miles away in the distance
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...rocharAlps.jpg

rubiconazoid 11-24-16 06:27 PM

Did about 16 this afternoon trying to ease some of that pain after too much turkey.....

jorglueke 11-24-16 07:14 PM

Not too far today, just a 30 minute loop. But I went on all the main feeder roads that were almost left for deserted during the tiny window of no retail business.

edawg55 11-25-16 07:46 AM

I'm new on here and just got my first real road bike. I took it for a short spin last Tues since it was only 40 out. Not sure how accurate my Samsung health app is but almost broke 30mph. :speedy: I made a few stops taking pictures of my new wheels and some deer playing soccer. I might go on ride today since I know I won't be going tomorrow. Go Buckeyes!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...pskmdbqnio.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...psvywujx6s.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...psb2ey66ah.jpg

47p2 11-25-16 08:21 AM

4 Attachment(s)
26 miles yesterday and 15 today

anonymousperson 11-26-16 05:12 PM

18 miles/66 min, / 6 m/hr wind / 41*F / 6:30 AM / Trek 2300

edawg55 11-28-16 06:52 AM

Yesterday...Going to be 50-60's for next 3 days but rain. Hopefully I can miss it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...psqipgigmk.png

one4smoke 11-28-16 05:25 PM

42 miles yesterday, with some good steep hills that I haven't been on in awhile. Funny what a difference two years can make. On this one monster hill that I couldn't even climb when I started back, then after awhile got to where I could climb in the lowest possible gear, I now can climb on the largest chainring in gears that I used to be in while cruising 18-20 mph on flat ground.

Not bad for an old fart.

shafter 11-28-16 06:15 PM


Originally Posted by edawg55 (Post 19212537)
I'm new on here and just got my first real road bike. I took it for a short spin last Tues since it was only 40 out. Not sure how accurate my Samsung health app is but almost broke 30mph. :speedy: I made a few stops taking pictures of my new wheels and some deer playing soccer. I might go on ride today since I know I won't be going tomorrow. Go Buckeyes!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...pskmdbqnio.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...psvywujx6s.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...psb2ey66ah.jpg

Great pics! I like the deer, and I always enjoy looking at bikes...

shafter 11-28-16 06:16 PM

Did 19.07 mi today at a record avs of 18.7mph:ride: !!!

edawg55 11-29-16 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by shafter (Post 19219260)
Great pics! I like the deer, and I always enjoy looking at bikes...

One more. I have a Samsung S7 phone that has a good camera but I had to zoom in. Thanks

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...pszcp0hflk.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.