Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

datlas 06-20-20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21544053)
Small world.

You missed the thunderstorms? It just started pouring here.

While carrying the bike to back yard so I can hose down the dirt and grime from this morningís ride, Iíve lightly hit the right chain stay on the fence and took a piece of clear coat off (maybe a 2mm by 2mm piece on the corner, rectangular-ish profile) :notamused:

Not only am I too fat for this sport, but am also too stoopid :bang:

Missed the storms. Coming this way. We have a bunch of family coming over (segregated into separate tables for each household) and were hoping to have it outside. Looks like we may need to bring it all inside. Three big groups upstairs and two smaller ones downstairs.

rjones28 06-20-20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21544119)
It's the best time of the year but now the days start getting shorter. :crash: Trsnrtr

Correct. Canadian cyclists are friendly.

It hasn't been warm enough for us to get thunderstorms here. Lawns are turning brown.

It's mid-80s American again today. The promised thunderstorms keep skipping us.

Lawns are also crispy here.

Trsnrtr 06-20-20 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544037)
Wow that was a fun ride. Lots of climbing. Too bad the leaderboard is not based on altitude or I would have it sewn up!

Too bad, Skinny!

Trsnrtr 06-20-20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21544144)
It's mid-80s American again today. The promised thunderstorms keep skipping us.

Lawns are also crispy here.

Same.

BillyD 06-20-20 11:10 AM

It's the best time of the year but now the days start getting shorter. :crash: Trsnrtr .

It happens every year. Like clockwork. When will you get used to this?

abshipp 06-20-20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21544053)
:bang:

Ouch.

If it makes you feel any better I dropped my bike in a really scary way on Thursday.

Since my Trek has fenders I can't use my bike rack in the bed of my truck. The only way to transport it is to balance it upright and lash it down with tie down straps to the 4 corners of the bed. It's super secure when it's tied down but really finicky to do by yourself.

So I was trying to get the first strap secured quickly since I was getting swarmed by mosquitoes and I must have released some tension. The bike fell over and smacked the edge of the truck bed hard. Thankfully it hit the handlebars, I was sure that I was going to have a massive dent in the top tube :twitchy:

Velo Vol 06-20-20 11:41 AM

I made it almost five weeks (out of my eight-week mouse drug cycle) on my base-level of medication, but stiffness is back in force today. Going to have to take more drugs if I want to keep pedaling. :rolleyes:

indyfabz 06-20-20 11:54 AM

Ras-blu-bla berry smoothie on a humid day.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d726e0cfe.jpeg

bampilot06 06-20-20 11:58 AM

storming with a vengeance here. The streets have all flooded worse than I have ever seen.

indyfabz 06-20-20 12:40 PM

Correct. Canadian cyclists are friendly.

Last year a few of them buzzed me without letting me know they were about to overtake me. Large group from western Canada doing their own tour. I explained to one of them which one of us would win the war if I were to serve to avoid a critter or pothole. You donít want to get into a scrape with a fully loaded bike when youíre riding a naked road bike.

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-20 12:41 PM

Oh neat, clicking on the page 407 link or the ">" link from page 406 takes me to page 405.

Got in 10 fasted miles in the dirt. Burped the back tyre pretty good and didn't have my pump with me, had to baby it back to the van with 5 psi. Water intake approx 2000 ml.

Recovering with dried plantains and a Powerade/San Pelegrino Aranciata margarita.

datlas 06-20-20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21544275)
Last year a few of them buzzed me without letting me know they were about to overtake me. Large group from western Canada doing their own tour. I explained to one of them which one of us would win the war if I were to serve to avoid a critter or pothole. You donít want to get into a scrape with a fully loaded bike when youíre riding a naked road bike.

Did they wave??

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21544224)
Ras-blu-bla berry smoothie on a humid day.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d726e0cfe.jpeg

Yum. I wanted to hit the juice bar after my ride but I didn't have a mask with me. Time to hang one on the rear view mirror, so I'm always ready.

datlas 06-20-20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21544292)
Yum. I wanted to hit the juice bar after my ride but I didn't have a mask with me. Time to hang one on the rear view mirror, so I'm always ready.

Canít you just pull up your collar to your nose in a pinch??

bampilot06 06-20-20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544299)
Canít you just pull up your collar to your nose in a pinch??

I got screamed at a wawa in philly for doing this very thing.

datlas 06-20-20 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21544302)
I got screamed at a wawa in philly for doing this very thing.

Itís not ideal but better than nothing, I reckon.

big john 06-20-20 01:09 PM

Beautiful day here. Went for a group-ish ride and had a blast. Fun stories, jokes, and friendly jabs. I really have missed my club friends and they still aren't riding together so I poached another club's underground ride. Lucky for me one of the ladies let me in on the top secret message thread.

bampilot06 06-20-20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544307)
Itís not ideal but better than nothing, I reckon.

best part the woman doing the screaming removed her mask to scream at me. :foo:

bampilot06 06-20-20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21544322)
Beautiful day here. Went for a group-ish ride and had a blast. Fun stories, jokes, and friendly jabs. I really have missed my club friends and they still aren't riding together so I poached another club's underground ride. Lucky for me one of the ladies let me in on the top secret message thread.

this is how the first matrix started. soon she will be offering you pills.

datlas 06-20-20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544136)
Missed the storms. Coming this way. We have a bunch of family coming over (segregated into separate tables for each household) and were hoping to have it outside. Looks like we may need to bring it all inside. Three big groups upstairs and two smaller ones downstairs.

Now it looks like the storms have veered to the west, so mrs datlas wants us to change the setup from inside to outside. Sigh.

datlas 06-20-20 01:19 PM

Hey the red dit icon is gone. When did that happen??

datlas 06-20-20 01:20 PM

Looks like Trainsnorter has a virtual lock on the leaderboard, especially if he gets a few insurance miles tomorrow.

seedsbelize 06-20-20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21543959)
Iíve had success with appliencepartspros.com with range and Washing machine parts. Also Amazon. Appliance parts pros also have graphical parts list documents you can drill down and find parts numbers as well..

Shipping to Mexico would make it worth buying a new machine. I can likely find them locally, but with the Covid, I don't want to go poking around too deep. We can live without the microwave for awhile.

kissTheApex 06-20-20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp

So I was trying to get the first strap secured quickly since I was getting swarmed by mosquitoes and I must have released some tension. The bike fell over and smacked the edge of the truck bed hard. Thankfully it hit the handlebars, I was sure that I was going to have a massive dent in the top tube :twitchy:

Ouch too :(

seedsbelize 06-20-20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544340)
Hey the red dit icon is gone. When did that happen??

I still have it