Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 05-27-22 07:51 AM

RIP Alan White: Alan White, Longtime Yes Drummer, Dies at 72 (msn.com)

rjones28 05-27-22 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22521619)
I had to run new cables and housing on a Quintana Roo tri bike yesterday. Thereís an hour of my life Iíll never get back.

I can relate.

DougRNS 05-27-22 07:58 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22521663)
Got out of the 5s.
Wordle 342 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

must have been a slump buster word.
#ForTheKnuckleheads

Bah Humbug 05-27-22 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22521684)
must have been a slump buster word.
#ForTheKnuckleheads

I must have overthought it.

Wordle 342 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Velo Vol 05-27-22 08:26 AM

Back from my morning run with my high school nephew. Real miles, not Zwift. No Strava.

Velo Vol 05-27-22 08:28 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22521709)
Back from my morning run with my high school nephew. Real miles, not Zwift. No Strava.

We did not run at the same pace. So it goes.

bampilot06 05-27-22 08:40 AM

The leg cramps from deydration I experienced today while riding, I wouldnít wish on anyone.

Was thinking about the call of shame at one point, but then decided to HTFU and finish.

The pain didnít slow me down all too much.

rjones28 05-27-22 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22521709)
Back from my morning run with my high school nephew. Real miles, not Zwift. No Strava.

When in dumb dumb land, do as the dumb dumbs do.

MoAlpha 05-27-22 08:50 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22510454)
Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated and would help me navigate this mess. You've been very gracious with your time despite presumably getting asked for help frequently by others.

I saw some YouTube videos by Dr Tony Mork if want to check it out he has a 3 part series and one of them has video of the procedure. This is part 1.

So, I looked into this a bit.

Neither our local pain neurosurgeon nor anesthesiologist had heard of the concept and the term "toxic annular tear" yields nothing on a Pubmed search, which is not a good sign. I have to say, I didn't find the video particularly convincing and what Dr. Mork seems to be describing in terms of symptoms is localized low back pain, rather than radiating symptoms referable to a problem with a particular nerve root or roots.

Maintaining due humility in the face of something I don't understand, the only advice I can offer is proceed with caution. I'm still happy to review the records, FWIW.

seedsbelize2 05-27-22 09:16 AM

Had to leave for a Dr. appt. with 5 km left. So it goes.

DougRNS 05-27-22 09:26 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22521741)
So, I looked into this a bit.

Neither our local pain neurosurgeon nor anesthesiologist had heard of the concept and the term "toxic annular tear" yields nothing on a Pubmed search, which is not a good sign. I have to say, I didn't find the video particularly convincing and what Dr. Mork seems to be describing in terms of symptoms is localized low back pain, rather than radiating symptoms referable to a problem with a particular nerve root or roots.

Maintaining due humility in the face of something I don't understand, the only advice I can offer is proceed with caution. I'm still happy to review the records, FWIW.

sounds like a witch doctor procedure. :bday:
I'm all in!

I think in one of the three parts or another video he mentioned it applies to radiculopathy(sp).

When you're desperate you want to believe anything. It is only minor surgery so i thought it could be worth looking into. Might not be offered in the Atlanta metro area or not be approved by insurance.

Thank you for checking into it. :beer: Proceeding with caution is good advice.

Velo Vol 05-27-22 09:50 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 2252174)

Neither our local pain neurosurgeon nor anesthesiologist had heard of the concept and the term "toxic annular tear" yields nothing on a Pubmed search, which is not a good sign..

LOL


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22521776)
sounds like a witch doctor procedure. :bday:

Kudos

genejockey 05-27-22 10:06 AM

Curve raiser.
Wordle 342 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 10:25 AM

So I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday. Looking forward to putting Rollerblade activities up on the Strava :)

#crosstraining

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 10:26 AM

I have a feeling today's activity might be entirely under my privacy zone though...

genejockey 05-27-22 10:28 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521841)
So I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday. Looking forward to putting Rollerblade activities up on the Strava :)

#crosstraining

You gonna be one of those A-holes on the MUP who wears ear buds and dances to the tunes so you take up the whole path, can't hear other traffic coming up behind you, and then do random pirouettes?

MoAlpha 05-27-22 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22521776)
sounds like a witch doctor procedure. :bday:
I'm all in!

I think in one of the three parts or another video he mentioned it applies to radiculopathy(sp).

When you're desperate you want to believe anything. It is only minor surgery so i thought it could be worth looking into. Might not be offered in the Atlanta metro area or not be approved by insurance.

Thank you for checking into it. :beer: Proceeding with caution is good advice.

Totally understand the desperation part and skeptical humility is the only appropriate attitude for an internet kibitzer.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 10:43 AM

Initial run across the carpet indicates that Rollerblading is not "just like riding a bike"

I should've gotten knee/elbow/wrist pads.

Wish me luck...

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22521844)
You gonna be one of those A-holes on the MUP who wears ear buds and dances to the tunes so you take up the whole path, can't hear other traffic coming up behind you, and then do random pirouettes?

Oh, I'm already that guy when I walk the mups, but now on wheels :)

genejockey 05-27-22 10:51 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521865)
Oh, I'm already that guy when I walk the mups, but now on wheels :)

The incident that got me off of riding on MUPs was encountering a young couple who had obviously just gotten their rollerblades - they were very tentative and the skates kept trying to get away from them and dump them. They decided this was a great way to walk their dog. With an extendo-leash. The dog was in the bushes on MY SIDE of the MUP as I approached them, so the extendo leash was strung completely across the path. I had to go off the path, AROUND the dog they couldn't control because they could barely control themselves.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 10:58 AM

Ooof, 1/3 mile. Tibialis anterior on fire much of the time. This is gonna take a bit of getting used to.

I imagine my last time was 1997 or so. I rollerskated at a rink in 2007-ish and did pretty well, so I kinda thought I'd get right back into the swing of rollerblading. I used to ride down stairs forward and backwards with ease for cryin' out loud!

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 11:06 AM

Beautiful morning at the Soo.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...2w&oe=62969647

Mojo31 05-27-22 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521842)
I have a feeling today's activity might be entirely under my privacy zone though...

Getcha sum?

Velo Vol 05-27-22 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521841)
So I bought a pair of Rollerblades yesterday. Looking forward to putting Rollerblade activities up on the Strava :)

Oh boy.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22521889)
Ooof, 1/3 mile. Tibialis anterior on fire much of the time. This is gonna take a bit of getting used to.

Injured already?

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-22 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22521910)
Getcha sum?

Not THAT kinda privacy zone.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.