Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

MoAlpha 09-25-22 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22658567)
grumble grumble grumble. My ritchey breakaway clamp is 31.6 mm and my seat post is smaller than that so Iím going to just guess and say itís 27 mm.
No bike shop in my area carries carbon paste, and I hate ordering things online.

Shim it with a strip cut from of a drink can.

seedsbelize2 09-25-22 07:05 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22658638)
Shim it with a strip cut from of a drink can.

I find a strip of plastic water bottle works better. Less prone to slip. But you tap water folks don't have water bottles around all the time, like we do.

big john 09-25-22 07:13 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22658638)
Shim it with a strip cut from of a drink can.

Had a 1964 VW which started knocking. I took it apart and found it had a Budweiser beer can shim under one of the rod bearings.

Mojo31 09-25-22 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22658567)
grumble grumble grumble. My ritchey breakaway clamp is 31.6 mm and my seat post is smaller than that so Iím going to just guess and say itís 27 mm.
No bike shop in my area carries carbon paste, and I hate ordering things online.

How are they putting bikes together?

It May be called something other than ďcarbon paste.Ē

You can have it today if you play it right - https://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-SAC...59232224&psc=1

rjones28 09-25-22 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22658561)
No. I really donít want too. It has really bad slippage in the past and I finally got it to not slip and donít want to have that start again.

Well, that's where the info is. At the bottom of the post.

Or, you could get out your calipers and measure the diameter.

rjones28 09-25-22 09:07 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22658567)
grumble grumble grumble. My ritchey breakaway clamp is 31.6 mm and my seat post is smaller than that so Iím going to just guess and say itís 27 mm.
No bike shop in my area carries carbon paste, and I hate ordering things online.

wut

genejockey 09-25-22 09:09 AM

A good day. It's all in the SECOND word.
Wordle 463 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

abshipp 09-25-22 09:45 AM

Woke up with a very tender and swollen lymph node in my neck, as well as a general feeling of malaise :notamused:

datlas 09-25-22 09:48 AM

So we had a fun “recovery” ride today. A few miles in, we were joined by a local triathlon “celebrity” who podiumed at the Ironman Championships at Kona a couple times in the 90’s. He stayed with us for the ride and was happy to respect the pace and socialize. Another 100% fun ride!

DougRNS 09-25-22 12:20 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7e806a755a.jpg

seedsbelize2 09-25-22 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22658655)
Had a 1964 VW which started knocking. I took it apart and found it had a Budweiser beer can shim under one of the rod bearings.

I'm still in possession of the old VW maintenance book written by John Muir. Every time I go to move it on, I can't do it.

seedsbelize2 09-25-22 12:32 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22658735)
wut

He's obviously trying to fill in for His Obtuseness in his absence.

abshipp 09-25-22 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22658797)
Woke up with a very tender and swollen lymph node in my neck, as well as a general feeling of malaise :notamused:

Started feeling a little better but still not 100%, but decided to try the climb that beat me on Thursday. Made it up without stopping this time :bday:

Looks like if LOP takes a rest day (or doesn't climb any more than 10 feet :p) I will have a KOM podium finish. Not bad for two rides.

big john 09-25-22 12:55 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22658935)
I'm still in possession of the old VW maintenance book written by John Muir. Every time I go to move it on, I can't do it.

The Compleat Idiot book. I studied it before I took one apart. I think the first one I split the cases on was in 1974. After that they're all the same crap except the Squareback/Fastback. Those things suck out loud to work on.

A friend's son has a 1970 Bug which hasn't run in more than 10 years and he wants to sell it to me for $2000. I thought about it, even went and looked at it..

2manybikes 09-25-22 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22657620)
I suspect these customers don't qualify for a motorcycle license.

...

Trsnrtr 09-25-22 02:46 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22658125)
A little grinding first.

Itís better today, thank you. :rolleyes:

ls01 09-25-22 02:47 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22658343)
Seatpost doesnít have any markings on it, other than easton and 8nm. Whyfi do you happen to know what size seatpost your R3 uses? I would imagine there is a chance itís the same.

Did you pull it out? It's usually stamped at the bottom.

ls01 09-25-22 02:50 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22658731)
Well, that's where the info is. At the bottom of the post.

Or, you could get out your calipers and measure the diameter.

use an adjustable wrench as calipers, then measure the opening in the jaws with a metric ruler.

ls01 09-25-22 02:57 PM

I think I mentioned I some how lost my rain jacket. Was brand new, I never wore it. The last time Icsaw it was on the ride I wiped out on. I sent an email asking if anyone turned it in and never heard from anyone, so I bought a new one. And a bag to cary it in. I've had the new one a couple weeks now. Last night I got an email from the rode director of the club that put on the Assenmacher 100. They have my rain jacket.....

bampilot06 09-25-22 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22659067)
Did you pull it out? It's usually stamped at the bottom.


Reported, family forum.






















No.

bampilot06 09-25-22 03:42 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22659073)
use an adjustable wrench as calipers, then measure the opening in the jaws with a metric ruler.


This is the smartest thing I have ever heard. Seriously, thanks. I was going to buy 2 seat post.

bampilot06 09-25-22 03:44 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8c50fd89b.jpeg


Decided to go direction for my saddle bag woes. Maybe Iíll become a trend setter. Soon all the bikes at the Crits will be sporting these to hold chap sticks and what nots.

seedsbelize2 09-25-22 03:51 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659123)
Reported, family forum.






















No.

Do you plan to put it out to put the new one in?

bampilot06 09-25-22 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22659134)
Do you plan to put it out to put the new one in?

Obviously, but by then I will have the plastic wrapped sample size of carbon paste from Datlas to aid in the seat post swap page.

MoAlpha 09-25-22 03:55 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22658653)
I find a strip of plastic water bottle works better. Less prone to slip. But you tap water folks don't have water bottles around all the time, like we do.

Good too, but thicker.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.