Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

rjones28 04-15-22 06:59 PM

And there's a lake...

... MOTD

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6382fb39fe.png

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:08 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22473687)
Has anyone used there insurance for glasses and been reimbursed?

I am looking at Roka, and on their website it mentions you can file a claim and get reimbursed by your insurance, just wondering how well this works.

that's what vision insurance is for. Medical insurance? No idea.

LAJ 04-15-22 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22473663)
The plane cannot get out of a spin, so the plane has a ballistic parachute. If the pilot gets into a spin the only way to survive is to pull the shoot. IMO this is a piss poor design, and no one ever talks about the person the plane could kill, if the parachute is deployed and the plane lands on a house, a car a school etc.

Who knew this was a thing? The stuff we learn.

bampilot06 04-15-22 07:15 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22473740)
that's what vision insurance is for. Medical insurance? No idea.


Thats what I meant.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 07:15 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22473706)
There is a model airport in the river bottom near here and sometimes I stop on rides and watch them fly.

Maybe I need to adjust my monitor, but I see no evidence of a river. :foo:

What company?


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22473736)

Do you go fishing there?

Velo Vol 04-15-22 07:17 PM

Today is officially the last day of winter. :bday:

It might still rear its ugly head in the north and quasi-north, though. Beware.



DougRNS 04-15-22 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473750)
Today is officially the last day of winter. :bday:

It might still rear its ugly head in the north and quasi-north, though. Beware.

https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/st...32869634519041

what is Norther?

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:30 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473744)
Who knew this was a thing? The stuff we learn.

Reminds me of this.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...153aebe1e2.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473750)
Today is officially the last day of winter. :bday:

It might still rear its ugly head in the north and quasi-north, though. Beware.

https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/st...32869634519041

Yeah, there's a little weather out on Lake Superior. A bunch of ships are huddled in close to shore in Marquette Bay 'til it blows over.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...KQ&oe=6260037C

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 07:33 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22473762)
what is Norther?

It's Norther than you are :)

Mojo31 04-15-22 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473744)
Who knew this was a thing? The stuff we learn.

But, would you want to be in a plane that is spinning and watch the pilot just throw up his hands when letting go of the yoke?

Velo Vol 04-15-22 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473769)
Yeah, there's a little weather out on Lake Superior. A bunch of ships are huddled in close to shore in Marquette Bay 'til it blows over.

If there's one person who can be counted on to know where the gross weather is, it's you.

Mojo31 04-15-22 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473750)
Today is officially the last day of winter. :bday:

It might still rear its ugly head in the north and quasi-north, though. Beware.

https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/st...32869634519041

WTF???

Winter ended on March 20, 2022.

Starting your 420 celebration early?

LAJ 04-15-22 07:48 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22473775)
But, would you want to be in a plane that is spinning and watch the pilot just throw up his hands when letting go of the yoke?

I'll let the pilot do what he does, because I haven't yet learned how to fly using the google.

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 07:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473778)
If there's one person who can be counted on to know where the gross weather is, it's you.

There's a little place in L'Anse offering free rent in a furnished apartment in exchange for handyman services this summer, I'm kinda tempted.

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473769)
Yeah, there's a little weather out on Lake Superior. A bunch of ships are huddled in close to shore in Marquette Bay 'til it blows over.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...KQ&oe=6260037C

Superior, they said, never gives up her dead.

LAJ 04-15-22 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22473767)

Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

DougRNS 04-15-22 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473787)
There's a little place in L'Anse offering free rent in a furnished apartment in exchange for handyman services this summer, I'm kinda tempted.

"services" Lester, you dawg.

Mojo31 04-15-22 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473786)
I'll let the pilot do what he does, because I haven't yet learned how to fly using the google.

Me too, but that wouldn’t stop me from screaming like a little girl when the pilot let’s go.

genejockey 04-15-22 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473790)
Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

Plus, by the time the book was published, the Corvair had gone to full IRS.

LAJ 04-15-22 08:02 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22473797)
Me too, but that wouldn’t stop me from screaming like a little girl when the pilot let’s go.

Indeed. I'm right there with you.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 08:06 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22473782)
WTF???

Winter ended on March 20, 2022.

Starting your 420 celebration early?

Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

big john 04-15-22 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473749)
Maybe I need to adjust my monitor, but I see no evidence of a river. :foo:

What company?

See all those rocks? That's the river bottom. There is a flood control dam a few miles upstream and water only flows there after a major rain, which we don't have anymore.
All of the dams and flood control channels here are federal land, army corps of engineers stuff. Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

Mojo31 04-15-22 08:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473803)
Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

not arguing anything, just stating well established facts.

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-22 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22473812)
See all those rocks? That's the river bottom. There is a flood control dam a few miles upstream and water only flows there after a major rain, which we don't have anymore.
All of the dams and flood control channels here are federal land, army corps of engineers stuff. Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

I like how Google maps still makes the river beds blue, even though there's hardly ever water in 'em.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7d89f2d0f3.png

big john 04-15-22 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22473790)
Yet a VW had the same swing axle set up, and they gave it a pass.

Consumer Reports rated a Mazda B4000 far higher than a Ranger of the same year. You know, because the built in bias that's always been there.

I remember when they had a senate panel, or some gov't people, questioning GM people about the Corvair. They asked if GM engineers had studied the VW before designing the Corvair (they said no). The implications being that Nader's assertions were all true and that since Nader didn't attack Volkswagen their car must be safe.

big john 04-15-22 08:36 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22473818)
I like how Google maps still makes the river beds blue, even though there's hardly ever water in 'em.

Looking at some of the maps you might think there are lakes and rivers all over this area.

rjones28 04-15-22 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473749)
Maybe I need to adjust my monitor, but I see no evidence of a river. :foo:

What company?


Do you go fishing there?

No

Velo Vol 04-15-22 08:55 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22473812)
Those buildings are part of the community college. No company involved.

What company is testing the aeroplanes?

rjones28 04-15-22 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22473803)
Nope. My meteorological calendar is based on conditions on the ground, not in the Solar System.

You going to argue that actual summer doesn't start until June 20?

There might be snow for Easter.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.