Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

WhyFi 06-20-20 05:23 AM

No thunderstorms this morning - just hangovers.

Okay, not quite, but close - no pounding headache, but feeling the effects. Did some distanced socializing with the neighbors last night and there was a bit of imbibing going on. Going to get in a slow roll, see if I can burn the bad stuff out of my system, and then get the family together to visit some gardens later today.

Trsnrtr 06-20-20 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21543030)
The Hananero needs a new groupset. I know it’s crazy but I am actually considering Campy Chorus as an option.

Velomine.com is your friend.

Trsnrtr 06-20-20 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21543486)
11 speed don't care. I have a Campy freehub Chorus cassette on the wheel on the old Schwinn which has Shimano 105 everything else. I have a Shimano freehub and Ultegra cassette on the Allez which is Campy Record.

Same.

Trsnrtr 06-20-20 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21543630)
So my new 55mm carbon wheels showed up Tuesday. I installed new Michelin pro 4s on them and put them on Contador.

What wheels are these?

WhyFi 06-20-20 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21543804)
Also last night I learned, via YouTube, how to repair a washing machine and a microwave oven. But where to get the parts?

I assume that shipping is the main problem? I've used a couple places in the states - repair clinic and appliance parts pros usually have good prices - but I'm not sure on their shipping policies. If nothing else, you can use them to find the manufacturer part number and then track down another vendor that will ship to you.

MoAlpha 06-20-20 06:01 AM

After 30 min on the trainer, I decided the CX238s work. May be the first time I’ve ever had bike shoes that really fit! It’s a good sign that they actually feel better under load.

We’ll try to go for a sail today, but might get chased home by squalls.

seedsbelize 06-20-20 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21543821)
I assume that shipping is the main problem? I've used a couple places in the states - repair clinic and appliance parts pros usually have good prices - but I'm not sure on their shipping policies. If nothing else, you can use them to find the manufacturer part number and then track down another vendor that will ship to you.

My wife told me of a likely place, but thanks. You were my inspiration for diving in at all. I figured if WhyFi can do it..... ..:thumb:

WhyFi 06-20-20 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21543834)
My wife told me of a likely place, but thanks. You were my inspiration for diving in at all. I figured if WhyFi can do it..... ..:thumb:

Ha! Just try and keep all of your digits attached or I'll feel guilty for being your inspiration. :p

bampilot06 06-20-20 06:41 AM

launched this morning with the intent of getting back to the top. Soon after I was out of sight of my house I realized how fatigued I was. Felt worse today than yesterday. My legs and body need a break.

ls01 06-20-20 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21543767)
Whyfi has yet to lose his camera.

shows how bad the roads around here are. I'm switching to aluminum mounts.

ls01 06-20-20 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21543820)
What wheels are these?

they are Chinese carbons . From Carbon Zone.

rjones28 06-20-20 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21543630)
So my new 55mm carbon wheels showed up Tuesday. I installed new Michelin pro 4s on them and put them on Contador. These are tubless ready rims which makes putting tires on them a biatch. Rode it for a lazy 40 miler today. Very nice. Roll well, good brake surface, (rim brake) look killer. Man are they stiff! $269.00 for the wheels. Shipped. They are currently $340. Love me a good sale.
also lost another go pro mount today and once again caught it just at the point of separation from the bike. However I bobbled it and could not complete the catch. The camera is ok and continued to roll while it rolled.
I don't kdon'what kind of cheap ass plastic they make these out of but man what garbage.

https://k-edge.com/product-category/...camera-mounts/

rjones28 06-20-20 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21543640)
Today is the best of times, and the worst of times.

Oh?

LAJ 06-20-20 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21543653)

:eek:

WhyFi 06-20-20 07:57 AM

For feeling like microwaved dog poop when I woke up, the legs felt pretty good after a little warm-up. And now I need to take **** #3 on the morning. :notamused:

seedsbelize 06-20-20 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21543850)
launched this morning with the intent of getting back to the top. Soon after I was out of sight of my house I realized how fatigued I was. Felt worse today than yesterday. My legs and body need a break.

Listen to them

kissTheApex 06-20-20 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21543653)

Ha! Lithuanian gazpacho...

kissTheApex 06-20-20 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21543804)
Our thunderstorm was last night. Also last night I learned, via YouTube, how to repair a washing machine and a microwave oven. But where to get the parts?

I’ve had success with appliencepartspros.com with range and Washing machine parts. Also Amazon. Appliance parts pros also have graphical parts list documents you can drill down and find parts numbers as well..

kissTheApex 06-20-20 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21543821)

Yup. Forgot about repair clinic. I’ve used them too.

kissTheApex 06-20-20 08:29 AM

I saw a cyclist wearing Canadian flag jersey this morning. For a split second I thought Velo Vol was visit Washington DC area, but then I thought “Velo Vol would’ve waved back”.

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 08:57 AM

Thought it was going to clear up, but no, it sprinkled and then nailed us with a squall about 15 miles from home. And people were driving around without their headlights on and one girl in a Mazda3 with a UCSB sticker passed us on a bridge with about no room to spare. And now I have to clean the bikes. Awesome.

datlas 06-20-20 09:25 AM

Wow that was a fun ride. Lots of climbing. Too bad the leaderboard is not based on altitude or I would have it sewn up!

datlas 06-20-20 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21543968)
I saw a cyclist wearing Canadian flag jersey this morning. For a split second I thought Velo Vol was visit Washington DC area, but then I thought “Velo Vol would’ve waved back”.

One of my friends from here moved to DC a few years ago and is Canadian. He rides so might have been him.

kissTheApex 06-20-20 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21544038)
One of my friends from here moved to DC a few years ago and is Canadian. He rides so might have been him.

Small world.

You missed the thunderstorms? It just started pouring here.

While carrying the bike to back yard so I can hose down the dirt and grime from this morning’s ride, I’ve lightly hit the right chain stay on the fence and took a piece of clear coat off (maybe a 2mm by 2mm piece on the corner, rectangular-ish profile) :notamused:

Not only am I too fat for this sport, but am also too stoopid :bang:

Velo Vol 06-20-20 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21543883)
Oh?

It's the best time of the year but now the days start getting shorter. :crash: Trsnrtr

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21543968)

Correct. Canadian cyclists are friendly.

It hasn't been warm enough for us to get thunderstorms here. Lawns are turning brown.