Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

DougRNS 10-10-21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22264919)
A three hour lawn? With a proper mower? Pics?

Reminds me of this

MoAlpha 10-10-21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22264939)
Reminds me of this
https://youtu.be/-fqXcKFg08w

Anything could happen on a 3 hr lawn.

genejockey 10-10-21 04:17 PM

Hope this isn't too P&R, but I see Allen West saying "Instead of enriching the pockets of Big Pharma and corrupt bureaucrats and politicians, we should be advocating the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy.", because apparently he thinks Big Pharma makes more off a $20 vaccine than it does off $12,000 worth of monoclonal antibodies. Or maybe he thinks monoclonals are grown on a farm upstate, harvested at the peak of ripeness (in this case binding affinity), and brought to you still fresh from the antibody fields?

genejockey 10-10-21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22264965)
Anything could happen on a 3 hr lawn.

Dad's lawn was a 3 hour tour. Even with a riding lawnmower.

genejockey 10-10-21 04:28 PM

On FB Marketplace, somebody was selling a pair of 700x25, gumwall Vittoria Corsas, in the boxes, for $30 each. I dithered. Somebody else bought them. They'd have been perfect for Deadman. I am an idiot.

Apart from that, I had a lovely ride - blue skies, light winds, dry roads, temps about 70 average. I was slightly overdressed, but only felt it when waiting for stop lights, so maybe I wasn't overdressed? I took the Battaglin, and I was once again amazed at how it seems to corner without input from me. That is, some of my bikes feel a little dodgy in a corner till I commit, and really put the weight to the outside pedal and lean. The Battaglin seems to just take care of business - at a higher speed - whether I commit or not. It's like it's programmed or something. I know that sounds weird, but I can't think how else to describe it.

Mojo31 10-10-21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22264970)
Hope this isn't too P&R, but I see Allen West saying "Instead of enriching the pockets of Big Pharma and corrupt bureaucrats and politicians, we should be advocating the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy.", because apparently he thinks Big Pharma makes more off a $20 vaccine than it does off $12,000 worth of monoclonal antibodies. Or maybe he thinks monoclonals are grown on a farm upstate, harvested at the peak of ripeness (in this case binding affinity), and brought to you still fresh from the antibody fields?

Another unhinged nut.

datlas 10-10-21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22264996)
Another unhinged nut.

Correct.

We are all screwed.

Mojo31 10-10-21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22264999)
Correct.

We are all screwed.

No more so than us rednecks.

DougRNS 10-10-21 05:48 PM

Extra innings in Boston! Go Rays.

indyfabz 10-10-21 05:52 PM

Iggles won!

BillyD 10-10-21 05:57 PM

Giants punished.

DougRNS 10-10-21 06:14 PM

I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. SMH

bampilot06 10-10-21 06:27 PM

Went to clean the cervelo today and the rear tire was partially flat. Took the tire and the tube off. Put air in the tube while I inspected the tire. Didn’t see any thing in the tire and the tube never lost any air.

I was just gunna throw it away and put a new tube on it but I realized I don’t have any spare tubes left that fit the super team.

Put it back together put air in it, and as of now it looks like it’s good to go.

What could cause it to lose air like that if it’s not broken?

rjones28 10-10-21 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22264607)
Never heard of it.

Pay attention.

Velo Vol 10-10-21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22265082)
I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. SMH

I didn't ride today. Sad.

DougRNS 10-10-21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22265099)
I didn't ride today. Sad.

agreed.

datlas 10-10-21 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22265094)
Went to clean the cervelo today and the rear tire was partially flat. Took the tire and the tube off. Put air in the tube while I inspected the tire. Didn’t see any thing in the tire and the tube never lost any air.

I was just gunna throw it away and put a new tube on it but I realized I don’t have any spare tubes left that fit the super team.

Put it back together put air in it, and as of now it looks like it’s good to go.

Slow leak?

DougRNS 10-10-21 06:41 PM

need more info. How long since last topping off the air? If more than a few days it could be as low as 60 psi. In my experience slow leaks are from the valve core. Over night my tubes typically lose 10 psi.

LAJ 10-10-21 06:49 PM

Did you dip the tube in water?

bampilot06 10-10-21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22265113)
need more info. How long since last topping off the air? If more than a few days it could be as low as 60 psi. In my experience slow leaks are from the valve core. Over night my tubes typically lose 10 psi.

I rode the bike the day before. I keep my tires at 80, I didn’t measure it when I saw that it was low but it was around 20 psi. It was not completely flat I had to let air out to get the tire off.

I did not dip it in water but I did hold it to my ear and couldn’t hear anything. I let it sit out for about 2 hours and it hadn’t lost any air. Weird.

Mojo31 10-10-21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22265133)
I rode the bike the day before. I keep my tires at 80, I didn’t measure it when I saw that it was low but it was around 20 psi. It was not completely flat I had to let air out to get the tire off.

I did not dip it in water but I did hold it to my ear and couldn’t hear anything. I let it sit out for about 2 hours and it hadn’t lost any air. Weird.

Won't lose air as quickly without pressure on it, even pressure from the tire casing. Best way to know if anything is going on is to submerge the tube.

seedsbelize2 10-10-21 07:04 PM

Some years ago, when I was riding a century every Sunday, the rear tire would go flat during the week. I pumped it up and rode the century and the next Sunday morning it was flat again. Rinse and repeat. I have no explanation, though I have some theories,

DougRNS 10-10-21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22265133)

measure that psi now and if it's not down much tomorrow, you probably are fine. Was it 20 psi low or did it only have 20 psi in it?

Mojo31 10-10-21 07:07 PM

Got a chuckle out of this.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7da72279fd.jpg

bampilot06 10-10-21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22265145)
measure that psi now and if it's not down much tomorrow, you probably are fine. Was it 20 psi low or did it only have 20 psi in it?

only 20 left in it.

I just remembered I have the old Shimano rs wheels hanging on the wall. If it low tomororw I will just pull the super team off and throw the old wheel on. My spare tube will work on it too.

LAJ might lose his mind when if he sees the mismatched wheels…..