Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

phrantic09 03-24-22 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22449732)
That's not the CPA fee, that's the tax I owe. I'm quite happy with that because it's about as close to -0- as one can get.

My CPA fees are just under $1,000 per year, but that includes state franchise tax returns, a corporate return, pass through entities, real estate investments, taxable investment accounts, and oil and gas interests. Well worth it to me to pay that.

Sounds like it

DougRNS 03-24-22 02:36 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22449504)
There must be another word for news that is old. The Penman would know. And, quite possibly, Mrs. rjones28

history.

genejockey 03-24-22 02:51 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22448598)
I still record mine on Strava but donít pay much attention to the numbers other than maybe track my annual miles. I know some of my friends love to look at their power numbers and try to PR segments, ruminate over their (ugh!) average speed, etc. I suppose thatís their choice.

I don't do power, because how the hell would I do that with 10 bikes?, but I do record every ride and check the stats. I am still getting PRs on segments I've ridden a lot, so that's gratifying. When those stop coming, as they inevitably will as I get older, I'll probably be a whole lot less interested.

phrantic09 03-24-22 03:19 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22449816)
I don't do power, because how the hell would I do that with 10 bikes?, but I do record every ride and check the stats. I am still getting PRs on segments I've ridden a lot, so that's gratifying. When those stop coming, as they inevitably will as I get older, I'll probably be a whole lot less interested.

Garmin letís you do it on 10 bikes

phrantic09 03-24-22 03:20 PM

I had plans to do some sort of dirt road century Saturday- weather man is not cooperating with my plans

Mojo31 03-24-22 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22449795)
Sounds like it

Cost of doing business.

My daughter the CPA uses Turbo Tax when she prepares her return (she doesn't do mine). It works very well for probably 95% or more of the people filing returns.

genejockey 03-24-22 03:37 PM

Eh.
Wordle 278 4/6

🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 03-24-22 03:38 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22449848)
Garmin letís you do it on 10 bikes

I really hate the idea of swapping pedals any time I want to ride a different bike.

phrantic09 03-24-22 03:46 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22449870)
I really hate the idea of swapping pedals any time I want to ride a different bike.

Itís not so bad. 45 seconds to do

genejockey 03-24-22 03:47 PM

Yesterday was the first time I've ridden the Battaglin since last November, and Oh. My. God!!!! Does that bike like to go fast! I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about riding it that just encourages going fast. It didn't feel like I was putting out that much more than I have on other recent rides on that route, but I was going significantly faster. I got a couple PRs on longish segments I've ridden almost 200 times!

So, yet another "Oh, my god I LOVE this bike!!!!" experience, on yet another different bike.

Bah Humbug 03-24-22 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22449878)
Itís not so bad. 45 seconds to do

Until you cross-thread it that one time. :cry:

We do (even before...) fewer than ten bikes, but we just add a Quarq to each. They're not that expensive these days, even just to view as another component. Like 2-3x what a pair of nice pedals costs.

ls01 03-24-22 05:23 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22449185)
I'll be 60 next yea. r, I think it gets tougher as we age. Hang in there as best you can for your dad.

You got me by a year. I do what I can for them.

ls01 03-24-22 05:55 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22449278)
Thanks guys!

She's been cancer free for a few years. So far, so good. I didn't really mention it at the time, because it was just a strange and eye opening time.

Jezuz LAJ, give her a hug from me. Glad she is well.

ls01 03-24-22 05:56 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22449297)
Mrs. Seeds returned, this morning, from a two week trip. And i am alive again. Let the projects begin.

Hurray! Good for you!

ls01 03-24-22 06:00 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22449782)
Good news! I am finishing up early and leaving work.

Bad news, it's rainy and dreary and 44F out, so no post-work bike ride. Phooey!

Same here poop weather. And it's supposed to rain on Saturday!:cry:

ls01 03-24-22 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22449848)
Garmin letís you do it on 10 bikes

Reported

DougRNS 03-24-22 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22449591)
"History".

I was a little late.

big john 03-24-22 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22449955)
You got me by a year. I do what I can for them.

I was 39 when my dad died. I did see him once while he was in the hospital.

DougRNS 03-24-22 06:08 PM

I called today to get an idea of how much it will cost to do my nerve blocks and radio frequency ablation procedures. This will hopefully get me relief and back on the bike. $3,000 USD. Keep in mind I'm going to have to do this every 6-12 months. Ouch.

ls01 03-24-22 06:14 PM

The 09 Tarmax underwent surgery this afternoon. Everything went well. There was a hairy couple of minutes during the lever swap on the brand new Red 22 shifters when the E clip decided to try and reach orbit. Took 10 minutes to find it. Other than that....smooth. Went with a 32/11 cassette. For $31.99, $200.00 for the shifter. ( came with all 4 new cables! Scores!) $25.00 new 11 speed chain. $257.00 ....not bad! I used a green "Red" brake/shifter lever set I had kicking around rather than tear down the other Red shifter. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the new 22 shifter base doesn't say Red in front like the others I have. So the left does and this new one doesn't. (Im cussing in my head reading it, lol) it's always something....

datlas 03-24-22 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22449870)
I really hate the idea of swapping pedals any time I want to ride a different bike.

Wait for the PM in a cleat/shoe. Coming soon to a cloudsourcing site near you!

rjones28 03-24-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22449990)
I called today to get an idea of how much it will cost to do my nerve blocks and radio frequency ablation procedures. This will hopefully get me relief and back on the bike. $3,000 USD. Keep in mind I'm going to have to do this every 6-12 months. Ouch.

Good news is that you'll probably hit your deductible.

rjones28 03-24-22 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22449996)
The 09 Tarmax underwent surgery this afternoon. Everything went well. There was a hairy couple of minutes during the lever swap on the brand new Red 22 shifters when the E clip decided to try and reach orbit. Took 10 minutes to find it. Other than that....smooth. Went with a 32/11 cassette. For $31.99, $200.00 for the shifter. ( came with all 4 new cables! Scores!) $25.00 new 11 speed chain. $257.00 ....not bad! I used a green "Red" brake/shifter lever set I had kicking around rather than tear down the other Red shifter. The only thing that kinda bugs me is the new 22 shifter base doesn't say Red in front like the others I have. So the left does and this new one doesn't. (Im cussing in my head reading it, lol) it's always something....

Pics

ls01 03-24-22 06:28 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22449989)
I was 39 when my dad died. I did see him once while he was in the hospital.

There is a very surreal aspect to this whole thing. Mom's acting weirder than usual. Dad's acting like he's not affected by any of it. He just keeps plugging along. I have this weird feeling like I haven't done something I'm supposed to do... like I missed something. Mom's health isn't great either. But she's pushing through it all to help him. She's almost crippled, but keeps going. It makes me feel so helpless watching them. It's beautiful and horrifying at the same time.

Trsnrtr 03-24-22 06:29 PM

Three straight days of wind, cold, and rain. I'm getting mentally twitchy. :twitchy:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.