Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Hello from Central Ohio (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1256571)

Scottmph 08-09-22 06:56 AM

Hello from Central Ohio

I bypassed this thread and posted in the general discussion first, my apologies for not introducing myself. I'm a native Michigander who is stuck behind enemy lines (central Ohio). Started riding back in undergrad for general transportation and have slowly evolved into more of a tourer in recent years. Initially came to this forum to ask questions about road bike building, but have already gone down several rabbit holes in various discussion threads here on questions and topics I have had myself. Looking forward to learning more from the group about a hobby that is transforming into a lifestyle. Cheers!

Scottmph 08-10-22 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by JosephRingo (Post 22604092)
Holla, you're welcome!

Appreciate you, thanks

a_d_a_m 08-10-22 05:43 AM

Lot of nice bikeways in Central Ohio. Welcome to the forum.

Trsnrtr 08-10-22 05:46 AM

Welcome!

05 fuji 08-10-22 07:21 AM

Welcome!

noonan 08-10-22 09:12 AM

Ohio's not so bad. You got TOSRV in your backyard. Howdy!

Steve B. 08-10-22 09:18 AM

I am following a YT series of a couple bike touring across the country. They hated Montana, found the roads and drivers dangerous. ended up flying out to Kansas City. The series is currently in central Ohio, which they have pretty much decided is the best place they have ridden to date, they are in love with Ohio. They are mostly following the Ohio-Erie rail trail.

Roland & Julianna: Bicycle Tourists - YouTube

Scottmph 08-10-22 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Steve B. (Post 22605356)
I am following a YT series of a couple bike touring across the country. They hated Montana, found the roads and drivers dangerous. ended up flying out to Kansas City. The series is currently in central Ohio, which they have pretty much decided is the best place they have ridden to date, they are in love with Ohio. They are mostly following the Ohio-Erie rail trail.

Roland & Julianna: Bicycle Tourists - YouTube

Ohio-Erie trail is impressive. My opinion and overall enjoyment living in this state has increased over the last year as I've biked more. As a Michigander prior to moving here Ohio was strictly a gateway to better places that was only reserved for bathroom breaks.

Scottmph 08-10-22 10:57 AM

I am doing TOSRV for the first time in September, just a one day century to Chilocothe and back. Have you done it? What were your impressions?

noonan 08-10-22 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scottmph (Post 22605525)
I am doing TOSRV for the first time in September, just a one day century to Chilocothe and back. Have you done it? What were your impressions?

Have not, but I've thought about doing it for along time and hope to check it off the list in the next few years. I don't know anyone who has done it recently, but I had a few coworkers who did the double century multiple times. The draw for them was the history, that it could be really social or really competitive (or a mix depending on your whim), was well supported, had great food and bev en route, and offered lousy accommodations in Portsmouth.