Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

datlas 12-08-21 09:33 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22333131)
Are you saying your like school on Sunday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHzGxEzDQA

Yup. Precisely. Sad!

datlas 12-08-21 09:38 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333139)
Map of the Day: First State Edition

Note correct spelling.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...51dc5c2772.png


Interesting that Lewes was originally Lewistown and Newark was New Ark. That explains why correct pronunciation of Newark Delaware is NEW-ark, which is different from the place in NJ said NEW-irk.

BillyD 12-08-21 09:40 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333078)

Hahaha that's a good shot.

BillyD 12-08-21 09:43 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333115)
You asked your dog a human-specific question?

You asked that like it's a weird thing.

Velo Vol 12-08-21 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22333136)
I know I'm going to regret this but you are aware of warm clothing, right?

Do these beings look human?
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...845e718602.jpg



Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333139)
Note correct spelling.

Correct spelling of what?

MoAlpha 12-08-21 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333119)
My ride was fake too. And the feared snowfall was a dud, so I could have ridden outside. I could'a been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.

I got a big workout and got straight to work-work, so I am not experiencing much guilt; however, I do need a shower.

indyfabz 12-08-21 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333169)
Correct spelling of what?

"Delaware"
See post #8946

Velo Vol 12-08-21 09:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333147)
Interesting that Lewes was originally Lewistown and Newark was New Ark. That explains why correct pronunciation of Newark Delaware is NEW-ark, which is different from the place in NJ said NEW-irk.

Correct.

rjones28 12-08-21 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333169)

Yes


Correct spelling of what?
Pay attention.

datlas 12-08-21 10:03 AM

Daughter #1 is driving a used 2010 Corolla we bought last year. She called us the other day, frantic, that she lost her key and do we have a spare. It only came with the one key, sad. She finally found the key, but the experience made us consider buying a spare key. The Toyota dealer wants $200 for the key part plus $130 to program it. NFW. Will investigate big box hardware store options. I see the part can be bought online for about $25 but the programming part is way out of my knowledge zone.

A key for the Saturn is only $5. No programming needed. Harrumph. :50:

big john 12-08-21 10:09 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333169)

They look like humans dressed for extreme cold, not "below 65" like you said was the threshold for humanity. Here are some humans dressed for bicycling into the low 30s. I was there, it was fun.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2aeb2e3e67.jpg
Here I am on a ride in the 30s. Had to take a layer off for climbing.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3c9bf1e93c.jpg

BillyD 12-08-21 10:16 AM

I meant to share this a couple weeks ago when somebody mentioned crows.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8a4292c840.jpg

Red-tails have a bad reputation and other birds won't tolerate them hanging around. There were 2 or 3 others in the chase that I couldn't get into the shot.

big john 12-08-21 10:18 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333201)
Daughter #1 is driving a used 2010 Corolla we bought last year. She called us the other day, frantic, that she lost her key and do we have a spare. It only came with the one key, sad. She finally found the key, but the experience made us consider buying a spare key. The Toyota dealer wants $200 for the key part plus $130 to program it. NFW. Will investigate big box hardware store options. I see the part can be bought online for about $25 but the programming part is way out of my knowledge zone.

A key for the Saturn is only $5. No programming needed. Harrumph. :50:

There are non-dealer sources for keys and programming. Programming a key usually involves using a scan tool but some older cars can be done with a simple procedure which you might be able to find on-line. That car I don't know but it might be the same as a Prizm.

If you lose the key and have to pay someone to make one on-site I imagine that could get pricey.

ls01 12-08-21 10:40 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333077)
How long are you going to stay there?

not the point. If I'm inside where it's 65 degrees or better am I not able to feel human? I'm outside quite a lot when it is less than 65degrees and I still feel human. Just a cold human.

ls01 12-08-21 10:42 AM

You guys beat me too it, cuz I was outside. In the cold. Where I must admit, I still felt human. Cold...but human.

ls01 12-08-21 10:46 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22333213)
They look like humans dressed for extreme cold, not "below 65" like you said was the threshold for humanity. Here are some humans dressed for bicycling into the low 30s. I was there, it was fun.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2aeb2e3e67.jpg
Here I am on a ride in the 30s. Had to take a layer off for climbing.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3c9bf1e93c.jpg

That's horrible John, I am so sorry. I must admit though you still look human. But I guess the special clothes hide the changes.

Velo Vol 12-08-21 10:49 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22333248)
cold human

And there's the problem.

DougRNS 12-08-21 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22333216)
I meant to share this a couple weeks ago when somebody mentioned crows.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8a4292c840.jpg

Red-tails have a bad reputation and other birds won't tolerate them hanging around. There were 2 or 3 others in the chase that I couldn't get into the shot.

is that a murder of crows?

Velo Vol 12-08-21 11:14 AM

Me, with the space heater, trying to stay human.


datlas 12-08-21 11:18 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22333219)
There are non-dealer sources for keys and programming. Programming a key usually involves using a scan tool but some older cars can be done with a simple procedure which you might be able to find on-line. That car I don't know but it might be the same as a Prizm.

If you lose the key and have to pay someone to make one on-site I imagine that could get pricey.

The local Ace Hardware can do it for $170, and they also can do a key without the remote (still needs to be programmed for anti-theft) for $89. We are getting closer to something we can consider. Itís still not Saturn territory yet.

Velo Vol 12-08-21 11:24 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333307)
Itís still not Saturn territory yet.

That's from a bygone era when "value" meant something.

datlas 12-08-21 11:25 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333317)
That's from a bygone era when "value" meant something.

I like living in the past. It is/was much cheaper.

rjones28 12-08-21 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22333216)
I meant to share this a couple weeks ago when somebody mentioned crows.



Red-tails have a bad reputation and other birds won't tolerate them hanging around. There were 2 or 3 others in the chase that I couldn't get into the shot.

I see crows ganging up on hawks regularly around here.

And various small birds ganging up on crows and blue jays.

Eric F 12-08-21 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333327)
I see crows ganging up on hawks regularly around here.

And various small birds ganging up on crows and blue jays.

In my 'hood, mocking birds fight relentlessly with the local crows.

Velo Vol 12-08-21 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333327)
I see crows ganging up on hawks regularly around here.

And various small birds ganging up on crows and blue jays.

Such a hostile place. Here the birds get along just fine, except for this:


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22333331)
In my 'hood, mocking birds fight relentlessly with the local crows.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.