Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Mojo31 11-12-21 07:01 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22304661)
Oh, I watch for em all right.....How you doin?....

I'm doing just fine. Recovered quickly from my brief foray into TN. Thanks for asking!

WhyFi 11-12-21 07:36 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22304718)
It's all about Performance. It's the name of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

Drop the BANHAMMER on him!!!

WhyFi 11-12-21 07:37 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304711)
Performance, except at the tippy top, is always relative. Everyone of us sucks less than some other zhlub and should feel good about it.

It's what keeps me goin' :o

datlas 11-12-21 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22304757)
Drop the BANHAMMER on him!!!

Uh oh. I hope this was not as bad as posting the Polish National Team or that Lampre guy.

Curiously, I sometimes reference this video with other cyclists and some of them have no idea about it. :foo:

LAJ 11-12-21 07:48 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304711)
Performance, except at the tippy top, is always relative. Everyone of us sucks less than some other zhlub and should feel good about it.

Indeed. I'm always happy until some freak of nature rips my legs off.

WhyFi 11-12-21 07:50 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22304762)
Uh oh. I hope this was not as bad as posting the Polish National Team or that Lampre guy.

Curiously, I sometimes reference this video with other cyclists and some of them have no idea about it. :foo:

The video used to be blocked, which was a little heavy-handed, I thought. I wonder if the BF powers-that-be had a change of heart or if the video is just at a new URL.

WhyFi 11-12-21 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22304773)
Indeed. I'm always happy until some freak of nature rips my legs off.

Yup. Where I aspire to be, at least in terms of fitness, is towards the top of the non-genetically-gifted range.

Velo Vol 11-12-21 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22304703)
Turns out that PA is a confusing state.

Fun Fact: PA's largest city is named after a town in TN. This is where Ben Franklin got the idea for a library, probably.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2ee35615d6.png

datlas 11-12-21 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22304777)
The video used to be blocked, which was a little heavy-handed, I thought. I wonder if the BF powers-that-be had a change of heart or if the video is just at a new URL.

Well I did get a wrist slap recently, so I am trying to be more sensitive to the forum guidelines.

#WorkInProgress

rjones28 11-12-21 08:11 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22304625)
Congratulations, Hyundai! You've reinvented the 1983 Chrysler LeBaron.

It's one of their 1980s designs.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ae4973927e.png

rjones28 11-12-21 08:13 AM

Maybe I should start hording old K-Cars, in preparation for the coming 80s-vintage EV restomod craze.

MoAlpha 11-12-21 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22304773)
Indeed. I'm always happy until some freak of nature rips my legs off.

In yacht racing, anyone with the right boat and the entry fee gets to compete against the best in the world, and they’re not freaks of nature, they’re just way smarter than you. It’s beyond humbling. They sometimes yell at you too.:cry:

Mojo31 11-12-21 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304794)
In yacht racing, anyone with the right boat and the entry fee gets to compete against the best in the world, and they’re not freaks of nature, they’re just way smarter than you. It’s beyond humbling. They sometimes yell at you too.:cry:

Smarter and with more money to spend.

They sure do yell, and it's usually obscenities like "room", "starboard" and "up."

Mojo31 11-12-21 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304539)
Thanks. Place does have great reviews. Not much of a burger man, though. Just had a great dinner at El Naranjo. Recommend highly.

I know that place, and it is good. One of the iconic places in Austin.

Velo Vol 11-12-21 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304794)
In yacht racing, anyone with the right boat and the entry fee gets to compete against the best in the world, and they’re not freaks of nature, they’re just way smarter than you. It’s beyond humbling. They sometimes yell at you too.:cry:

Smarter about what?

BillyD 11-12-21 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22304777)
The video used to be blocked, which was a little heavy-handed, I thought. I wonder if the BF powers-that-be had a change of heart or if the video is just at a new URL.

*I* passed it by without looking at it, which is common because the ratio of interesting to non-interesting, especially regarding the recent seasonal upswing of indoor training paraphernalia, is enough to induce rapid onset coma. Bottom line: I still don’t aim to watch it.

BillyD 11-12-21 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22304794)
In yacht racing, anyone with the right boat and the entry fee gets to compete against the best in the world, and they’re not freaks of nature, they’re just way smarter than you. It’s beyond humbling. They sometimes yell at you too.:cry:

So it’s like an open track meet, pros are liable to show up, participate at your own folly. :lol:

Mojo31 11-12-21 08:42 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22304812)
Smarter about what?

Pretty much everything that counts when you are racing.

Velo Vol 11-12-21 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22304819)
Pretty much everything that counts when you are racing.

Such as? Most forms of racing do not require much in the way of smarts. Physical ability and ability to anticipate are mostly it.

indyfabz 11-12-21 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 22304790)
fun alternative fact: Pa's largest city is named after a town in tn. This is where ben franklin got the idea for a library, probably.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2ee35615d6.png

fify

And I guess with all the banned books in TN they don't need big libraries.

WhyFi 11-12-21 08:49 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22304813)
*I* passed it by without looking at it, which is common because the ratio of interesting to non-interesting, especially regarding the recent seasonal upswing of indoor training paraphernalia, is enough to induce rapid onset coma. Bottom line: I still don’t aim to watch it.

But you're missing so much. :innocent:

It was mildly entertaining 10 years ago - I don't know why it ever gained the traction that it did.

Mojo31 11-12-21 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22304718)
It's all about Performance. It's the name of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

The one thing that video demonstrates is that skinny guys should not bare too much chest. :(

datlas 11-12-21 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22304828)
But you're missing so much. :innocent:

It was mildly entertaining 10 years ago - I don't know why it ever gained the traction that it did.

Because it's all about PERFORMANCE? :innocent:

MoAlpha 11-12-21 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22304807)
Smarter and with more money to spend.

They sure do yell, and it's usually obscenities like "room", "starboard" and "up."

Start at the J/105 Worlds (or something) with 3 fleets and 90 boats on the line. We suck ass, but the owner/driver is a really great starter. We bust a very quick tack onto the lee bow of a top boat from SF with inches to spare, right at the committee boat, with seconds to go. He was sure he had shut that door. Someone on the other boat yells, “Don’t ever do that again!” It became a standing joke for us and still gives me a chuckle.

Of course they beat us by like 20 boats, anyway.

Velo Vol 11-12-21 08:56 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22304827)
And I guess with all the banned books in TN they don't need big libraries.

Ouch.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.