Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

indyfabz 02-27-22 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22422918)
Gonna go meet big john for a (hopefully) easy Sunday morning ride. The California sun is up and looks to be another fine day.


phrantic09 02-27-22 10:23 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22422842)
Are you?

Of course


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422846)
funny that you mention that. Mine has questioned, but never said no to a car purchase. But if I want to get a new weed eater or suit, she’ll micro-scrutinize that. I don’t get it.

Mine won’t scrutinize, but for house stuff she will make me read 10,000 reviews before making a purchase.

the bike buying stuff cracks me up, any time there’s an Amazon package (even her’s) she asks my 9 year old what she thinks it is, the reply is always “bike stuff”

BillyD 02-27-22 10:24 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22422771)
Met my wife when I was 20, been together for 14 years, but have only been married 8 come Sept.

...

genejockey 02-27-22 11:30 AM

Meh.
Wordle 253 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 02-27-22 01:55 PM

Good ride this morning with big john. I did have a rear tire blowout on the borrowed bike but was able to boot it.

Now we must add a stop at Pasadena Cycles to our afternoon walk to get a new tire.

A big thanks to big john for picking a local route and patiently waiting while I fixed the flat.

seedsbelize2 02-27-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22422853)
I'm in the same boat even after two cups. Until noon, when I miraculously wake up. I'm only a month out from cessation, and am hoping it gets better with time. Prozac for the whole body.

Noon came and went and I have not yet awoken. I did have a little nap in there though. This after my best nights sleep
​​​​​In a week. Perhaps that's the problem. No bike ride for me today. I hope to muster up a walk later on.

datlas 02-27-22 02:22 PM

Now that today’s ride is done, I must do my husbandly duty. Mrs datlas and I are going to Descanso Gardens. I must try to contain my excitement.

Mojo31 02-27-22 02:24 PM

Needed about 6"of cable liner. The cheapest way to buy it was a 30m length. I have a feeling that in 10 years or so I'll find it and ask WTF?

big john 02-27-22 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22423158)
Good ride this morning with big john. I did have a rear tire blowout on the borrowed bike but was able to boot it.

Now we must add a stop at Pasadena Cycles to our afternoon walk to get a new tire.

A big thanks to big john for picking a local route and patiently waiting while I fixed the flat.

It was just the kind of ride I was looking for. Nice conversational pace, beautiful scenery. Glad I went.

seedsbelize2 02-27-22 02:49 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22423186)
Needed about 6"of cable liner. The cheapest way to buy it was a 30m length. I have a feeling that in 10 years or so I'll find it and ask WTF?

I needed 6" of tiny wire to repair my glasses. The only way to buy it(at the time and place it was needed) was by the meter/4 stranded. I left the rest in the hotel room.

seedsbelize2 02-27-22 02:50 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22423182)
Now that today’s ride is done, I must do my husbandly duty. Mrs datlas and I are going to Descanso Gardens. I must try to contain my excitement.

Descansarte

Mojo31 02-27-22 03:46 PM

Sunday disc spinning.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1ff9bd984d.jpg

unterhausen 02-27-22 04:10 PM

If you want a clean copy of the picture with the cyclist in Kiev without an obscenity, here it is
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ab33395f86.jpg

bampilot06 02-27-22 05:12 PM

my bad.

LAJ 02-27-22 05:35 PM

PAOTD

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ec66576d8.jpeg

bampilot06 02-27-22 05:44 PM

Whyfi, what’s with all the cars on the frozen lakes? Insurance fraud?

genejockey 02-27-22 05:45 PM

Beautiful day for riding, once again. One of those days when half the riders you see are wearing leg warmers and long sleeves and the other half are wearing regular shorts and short sleeves. Me? I split the difference - long sleeves but no leg warmers. Everything's still green, and the lupines are just starting, but there are places where I can see the start of 'brown-off', because of no rain for two months. March could surprise us. I remember a year where the folks who measure snow pack were sounding the alarm, and then March made up for all of it and we ended up with a 'normal' amount. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure!

I didn't see anything exotic in the way of cars this week. Nothing like the black MB 300 SL 'Gullwing' that buzzed me last week. Or maybe I just didn't notice.

The combo of the Litespeed with the Corsa tires is truly The Bee's Knees. Sections of road where I usually end up looking for the smooth track, I hardly even noticed. I'm really glad I got this bike! I am, however, looking forward to DST starting next month, so I get more IRL rides, because much as I love the Litespeed, I'm also itching to ride the other bikes. It's just, every Sunday morning for the last 7 weeks, I find myself wanting to ride the Litespeed. The other bikes are probably getting jealous.

genejockey 02-27-22 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22423344)

Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads
A whale of a tale or two...


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6079d736f1.jpg

LAJ 02-27-22 05:58 PM

I like the Avon tires the best. Cool stuff.

Mojo31 02-27-22 05:58 PM

Two play PAOTD?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7be015e0e4.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 02-27-22 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22423344)

Wonder if anyone's done a harlequin Porsche?


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d36de19240.jpg

Mojo31 02-27-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22423378)
Wonder if anyone's done a harlequin Porsche?


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d36de19240.jpg

Not harlequin, but there is this guy in Dallas who thinks he’s really hot sheet.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cd0da061.jpeg

I’m not a fan of the car or his social media posts.

WhyFi 02-27-22 06:28 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22423356)
Whyfi, what’s with all the cars on the frozen lakes? Insurance fraud?

They're fishing, bro! Well, they're hanging out and drinking beer while their fishing lines dangle in the water, but same diff.

LAJ 02-27-22 06:43 PM

He wasn't thrilled with this thing either.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d49dbc22e1.jpg

genejockey 02-27-22 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22423391)
Not harlequin, but there is this guy in Dallas who thinks he’s really hot sheet.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cd0da061.jpeg

I’m not a fan of the car or his social media posts.

I know nothing of his posts, but I really hate the car.

Mojo31 02-27-22 07:42 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22423412)
I know nothing of his posts, but I really hate the car.

The guy is as obnoxious and over the top as his car.

seedsbelize2 02-27-22 08:57 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22423360)
Beautiful day for riding, once again. One of those days when half the riders you see are wearing leg warmers and long sleeves and the other half are wearing regular shorts and short sleeves. Me? I split the difference - long sleeves but no leg warmers. Everything's still green, and the lupines are just starting, but there are places where I can see the start of 'brown-off', because of no rain for two months. March could surprise us. I remember a year where the folks who measure snow pack were sounding the alarm, and then March made up for all of it and we ended up with a 'normal' amount. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure!

I didn't see anything exotic in the way of cars this week. Nothing like the black MB 300 SL 'Gullwing' that buzzed me last week. Or maybe I just didn't notice.

The combo of the Litespeed with the Corsa tires is truly The Bee's Knees. Sections of road where I usually end up looking for the smooth track, I hardly even noticed. I'm really glad I got this bike! I am, however, looking forward to DST starting next month, so I get more IRL rides, because much as I love the Litespeed, I'm also itching to ride the other bikes. It's just, every Sunday morning for the last 7 weeks, I find myself wanting to ride the Litespeed. The other bikes are probably getting jealous.

There is a Merlin TI for sale in San Jose. Looks like it might be your size. I saw in in Ebay/Craigslist finds over in C&V.

seedsbelize2 02-27-22 09:04 PM

I finally woke up at five and joined my wife in a walk uptown. She needed to buy some medications, one of which was an anti-parasito. So I got one too. Everyone in Mexico is recommended to clean out every six months. Doctors, lawyers, beggarmen, thieves. I may be falsely blaming the virus for my condition. I surely hope so. The symptoms match. Tomorrow will tell the tale. Vamos a ver.

LesterOfPuppets 02-27-22 09:19 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22423412)
I know nothing of his posts, but I really hate the car.

I'm more partial to this one, maybe cuz it's getting dirty :)

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...jg&oe=62205E2A

LesterOfPuppets 02-27-22 09:22 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22423515)
There is a Merlin TI for sale in San Jose. Looks like it might be your size. I saw in in Ebay/Craigslist finds over in C&V.

I've been avoiding buying this steel bike for the last couple days, I hope I can keep it up, I don't think I need another road bike ATM.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...yA&oe=6220754E


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.