Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

phrantic09 03-22-22 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22446761)
Crux, ritchey swiss and kanzo fast, or boone.

Any friend recommended the aspero over the kanzo.

Im also looking at the canyon inflight but that doesn’t have any bottle mounts.

If I get a true cross bike I would like to be able to use it for long gravel rides.

Is your goal gravel or cross? The pro teams with Cervelo raced the Aspero as a CX bike IIRC and it’s definitely good for long gravel rides. Can’t recommend this bike enough

rjones28 03-22-22 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22446761)
Crux, ritchey swiss and kanzo fast, or boone.

Any friend recommended the aspero over the kanzo.

Im also looking at the canyon inflight but that doesn’t have any bottle mounts.

If I get a true cross bike I would like to be able to use it for long gravel rides.

Water bottles are overrated -- Velo Vol

datlas 03-22-22 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22446793)
TikTok

YouTube is for old people.

Of course, I am living in the past.

:50:

LAJ 03-22-22 07:28 AM

Sometimes, there's a leap of faith involved. I just need to do it sooner.

Wordle 276 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-22-22 07:31 AM

I am once again toying with the idea of a tour in ND. Maybe in the fall, when the kids have gone back to school. Either out of Bismarck or Fargo.

Mojo31 03-22-22 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22446839)
Of course, I am living in the past.

:50:

As long as you are happy and smiling!

datlas 03-22-22 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22446854)
I am once again toying with the idea of a tour in ND. Maybe in the fall, when the kids have gone back to school. Either out of Bismarck or Fargo.

Can you hop into a boxcar with your bike and gear to get there?

big john 03-22-22 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22446790)
Maybe your boss was part of her group. He'd have to be about 25 though.

I don't know how old my last boss is but he told me his father is a lot younger than I am. Ooof.

Mojo31 03-22-22 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22446937)
I don't know how old my last boss is but he told me his father is a lot younger than I am. Ooof.

When our son was in middle school, he was part of a team that was competing against other schools for first place in the competition. It was a pretty big deal for those kids, so we and most of the other parents attended. One girl's parents were not there.

I asked our kid why they weren't, and he told me that the parents were attending the girl's grandmother's birthday party. When I commented that it must have been a milestone birthday, he told me that it was the grandmother's 50th birthday. At the time, I was 53, so three years older than his friend's grandmother. :50:

indyfabz 03-22-22 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22446925)
Can you hop into a boxcar with your bike and gear to get there?

Getting through the Chicago area would take too much time.

WhyFi 03-22-22 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22446802)
Is your goal gravel or cross? The pro teams with Cervelo raced the Aspero as a CX bike IIRC and it’s definitely good for long gravel rides. Can’t recommend this bike enough

The Aspero is already on the racy side of gravel geo, isn't it? And I wonder if flippin' the adjustable trail doohickey for the front TA would further that. Yeah, I could see it making for a nice CX.

I mean, unless one wanted to spring for the R5-CX :innocent:

phrantic09 03-22-22 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22446993)
The Aspero is already on the racy side of gravel geo, isn't it? And I wonder if flippin' the adjustable trail doohickey for the front TA would further that. Yeah, I could see it making for a nice CX.

I mean, unless one wanted to spring for the R5-CX :innocent:

Yah, it’s essentially the same as the R3 with 10mm more reach in a 56 and a longer wheelbase.

BillyD 03-22-22 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22446963)
I asked our kid why they weren't, and he told me that the parents were attending the girl's grandmother's birthday party. When I commented that it must have been a milestone birthday, he told me that it was the grandmother's 50th birthday. At the time, I was 53, so three years older than his friend's grandmother. :50:

Some folks don't believe in dilly-dallying, they want to get a family going, pronto: "Oh, this goes in there? That sounds like fun, let's do that". :lol:

datlas 03-22-22 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22447018)
Some folks don't believe in dilly-dallying, they want to get a family going, pronto: "Oh, this goes in there? That sounds like fun, let's do that". :lol:

Family forum, mister!!

:innocent:

big john 03-22-22 09:41 AM

When our son was in middle school, he was part of a team that was competing against other schools for first place in the competition. It was a pretty big deal for those kids, so we and most of the other parents attended. One girl's parents were not there.

I was trying to get the drunk 22 year old neighbor and his drunk friends to be quiet at 3:00 a.m. a few months ago I learned that I am his grandfather's age.

Mojo31 03-22-22 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22447034)
I was trying to get the drunk 22 year old neighbor and his drunk friends to be quiet at 3:00 a.m. a few months ago I learned that I am his grandfather's age.

But, you are at an age where people naturally are grandfathers!

Mojo31 03-22-22 09:48 AM

At the time I backwards calculated that both mom and grandma had to have had their kids while still teens.

On the other hand, I did not learn how that process worked until I was in my late 30s. Prolly a good thing.

bampilot06 03-22-22 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22446802)

What can’t you recommend it?

I honestly don’t think I would go with another Cervelo. Not the biggest fan of my current one.

bampilot06 03-22-22 09:54 AM

https://alliedcycleworks.com/collections/echo

And I forgot how much this bike intrigues me as well.

WhyFi 03-22-22 09:58 AM

Some folks don't believe in dilly-dallying thinking about consequences, they want to get a family going, pronto: "Oh, this goes in there? That sounds like fun, let's do that". :lol:

fify :p

It's always a little bit of an eyebrow-raiser when someone has a kid at a young age, but when it happens two generations in a row, the math just dumbfounds me. A handful of years ago, my cousin brought his girlfriend to a holiday family gathering. His girlfriend brought her teenage daughter. Her teenage daughter brought her baby. I don't know how old my cousin's gf was but, based on appearance, I wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't yet hit 40.

WhyFi 03-22-22 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22447053)
https://alliedcycleworks.com/collections/echo

And I forgot how much this bike intrigues me as well.

They have those on display at The Catfish - super nice. You should drop in the next time you have a trip up here.

bampilot06 03-22-22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22447072)
They have those on display at The Catfish - super nice. You should drop in the next time you have a trip up here.

how far away is catfish from mall of america?

WhyFi 03-22-22 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22447100)

5, 6 miles? If they don't give you a car for around town, they'd be right up the Blue light rail line from MOA.

https://g.page/Angrycatfish?share

WhyFi 03-22-22 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22447100)

And now that I think about it, I believe that they had a Rapha Edition on display, too. :love:

rjones28 03-22-22 10:31 AM

Mrs. rjones28's parents were born during the same years as my grandparents.