Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

seedsbelize2 02-03-22 08:43 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22397102)
Daughter had headaches and periodic fevers for two weeks.

Does that mean the virus is still in there being active? This is my root question.

datlas 02-03-22 08:45 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22397213)
Does that mean the virus is still in there being active? This is my root question.

Probably not. It's your immune system dealing with the aftermath of the virus. Think of it as a clean-up operation.

rjones28 02-03-22 08:57 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22397110)
Yeah, we had 50į on Tuesday before a foot of snow on Wednesday. :rolleyes:

We might get that today.

rjones28 02-03-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22397192)
Exactly. Leave at noon to be in Bakersfield by 8 in the morning. 55mph speed limit, and I-70 didn't go all the way through to I-15. Good thing we installed an 80 gallon "unsafe at any speed" fuel tank that upped our capacity to 120, with the two saddle tanks. I could make it to St. George without stopping.

My dad did this to his 1977 Silverado crew cab, before our big month-long family trip, BITD. He even built a frame around the fuel cell that he covered in carpet, so us kids could sit on it.

datlas 02-03-22 09:05 AM

That system that hit the midwest is coming here and dumping a ton of rain on us the next 2 days. Then temps will plummet.

I am hoping there will be enough time for roads to dry before the temps go below freezing. If not, there will be more weekend basement fake miles in my future.

BillyD 02-03-22 09:10 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22396966)
It was 50F in the Big Apple today

Crosswalks a mess? Maybe Manhattan was cleaned up, but I was in The Bronx on Monday and I was surprised how messy the intersections were and how much more snow they got than I got.

big john 02-03-22 09:10 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397082)
I backed the tension off and nothing happened, not really louder or quieter. I notice it jumping while backpedaling. In the biggest cog, it runs smooth pedaling forward but if I back pedal, it drops down 2 cogs and seems to bind a little regardless of tension

That sounds like a B tension adjustment. Pedal backward and pull the derailleur down a bit and see if the jumping stops.

BillyD 02-03-22 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22397192)
Exactly. Leave at noon to be in Bakersfield by 8 in the morning. 55mph speed limit, and I-70 didn't go all the way through to I-15. Good thing we installed an 80 gallon "unsafe at any speed" fuel tank that upped our capacity to 120, with the two saddle tanks. I could make it to St. George without stopping.

Was that a big rig?

Mojo31 02-03-22 09:28 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b19bb78fc.jpg
Home for the night.

big john 02-03-22 09:31 AM

Wordle 229 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Second time I have had 4 letters and used 3 tries to get the word.

rjones28 02-03-22 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22397249)
Crosswalks a mess? Maybe Manhattan was cleaned up, but I was in The Bronx on Monday and I was surprised how messy the intersections were and how much more snow they got than I got.

There were some puddles.

phrantic09 02-03-22 09:33 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22397184)
Same. In my day I made some epic cross country drives, but those days are no more.

14 is about my limit, though there are times that itís taken my 18-20 to get to my motherís in SC from here.

Eric F 02-03-22 09:33 AM

Wordle 229 3/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 02-03-22 09:48 AM

Por casualidad, the increments are getting bigger by the day, and I expect to ride a bike within the coming week. The key will be getting it past the naysayers who insist it's too soon. There's an itch building, that will need scratching sooner than later. The first one or two will likely be uptown for supplies. Not much to go wrong there.

seedsbelize2 02-03-22 09:50 AM

Steady, big wind this morning. The electricity is sufferring.

WhyFi 02-03-22 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397276)
14 is about my limit, though there are times that itís taken my 18-20 to get to my motherís in SC from here.

If I'm by myself, I can push it. If I've got my family in the car, I'm not planning on much more than 10 hours of driving in a day.

datlas 02-03-22 09:53 AM

That stupid wordle game is addictive. I am typically getting the answer in 3 or 4 tries.

Velo Vol 02-03-22 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22395253)
It's looking like the wait for me getting on a bike will be measured in weeks, rather than days. Vamos a ver.


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22397293)
Por casualidad, the increments are getting bigger by the day, and I expect to ride a bike within the coming week. The key will be getting it past the naysayers who insist it's too soon. There's an itch building, that will need scratching sooner than later. The first one or two will likely be uptown for supplies. Not much to go wrong there.

So the measurement was one unit.

phrantic09 02-03-22 09:57 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22397301)
If I'm by myself, I can push it. If I've got my family in the car, I'm not planning on much more than 10 hours of driving in a day.

Itís supposed to be 12 to my mom, but Northern VA traffic can really screw that up

seedsbelize2 02-03-22 10:07 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22397304)
So the measurement was one unit.

It is turning out that way. The size of the increments during the time the first statement was made, indicated weeks. Those increments have since made quantum(sort of) leaps. But you knew that.

phrantic09 02-03-22 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22397243)
That system that hit the midwest is coming here and dumping a ton of rain on us the next 2 days. Then temps will plummet.

I am hoping there will be enough time for roads to dry before the temps go below freezing. If not, there will be more weekend basement fake miles in my future.

What county are you in? My boss is in Bucks and he said there could be some significant icing?

we are supposed to get over a foot

phrantic09 02-03-22 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22397269)

That looks awful

datlas 02-03-22 10:33 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397347)
What county are you in? My boss is in Bucks and he said there could be some significant icing?

we are supposed to get over a foot

I am in Chester County, which is in a similar weather pattern as Bucks. But Bucks is NORTH of Philadelphia while we are WEST.. The weather patterns and demographics are similar.

I am willing to ride in seasonably cold winter temps (down to maybe 15F) but no effing way I am going to ride with ice risk.

WhyFi 02-03-22 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397311)
Itís supposed to be 12 to my mom, but Northern VA traffic can really screw that up

You're telling me.

LAJ 02-03-22 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22397242)
My dad did this to his 1977 Silverado crew cab, before our big month-long family trip, BITD. He even built a frame around the fuel cell that he covered in carpet, so us kids could sit on it.


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22397257)
Was that a big rig?

It was a crew cab dually with a 2 axle open trailer. It had a storage box ahead of the car and racks for two rows of tires above it. It had a shell, with a sleeping compartment above the auxiliary fuel tank.

Here's an interesting picture... This is at the Phoenix mile, and we had to do a bit of bodywork bracing because we were going quite a bit faster than expected. The pole position for that race would have started 23rd in the Indy Car race that year.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1063015ad.jpeg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.