Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

ls01 03-01-22 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22424563)
Is your real name Cosmo Kramer?

giddyup!

WhyFi 03-01-22 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22424751)
S-Works Turbo Rapid Air. Theyíre okay- fast, not super supple.

Actually think I may put something bigger on like the Challenge Strade Bianca in a 33 or even a 35 to see if any speed is really lost

Oh yeah, that's right. Are you inflating them based on the Zipps/SRAM calculator? I know they're supposed to be fast, and that usually means supple.

At steady speed, 30/32 feel fine to me. With the surges of group rides, they feel chunky.

phrantic09 03-01-22 07:53 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22424818)
Oh yeah, that's right. Are you inflating them based on the Zipps/SRAM calculator? I know they're supposed to be fast, and that usually means supple.

At steady speed, 30/32 feel fine to me. With the surges of group rides, they feel chunky.

I am running 58/60 so theyíre not super inflated. Iíll probably stick with them until the weather gets warmer and see how they fare then. Part of it probably is the comparison to 38s at 40psi when I run the gravel wheels/tires and how supple they feel.

whatís most intriguing to me is that a 44 Rene Herse extralight was essentially as fast as a 32 GP5K, believe it was something in the neighborhood of 14w of rolling resistance. The weight difference between a 35 extralight and my turbo 28s is something like 18g.

BillyD 03-01-22 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22424756)
Iím definitely feeling fat this Tuesday.

Oh boy . . . it begins.

Mojo31 03-01-22 08:45 AM

Tough one.

Wordle 255 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 03-01-22 08:45 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22424855)
whatís most intriguing to me is that a 44 Rene Herse extralight was essentially as fast as a 32 GP5K, believe it was something in the neighborhood of 14w of rolling resistance. The weight difference between a 35 extralight and my turbo 28s is something like 18g.

Same RR under the same testing protocol?

I've heard good stuff about RH... actually, I've heard too much good stuff about RH, and the cult is a little too strong for my tastes. If I had a dedicated endurance bike, like my old Domane, and I could find some RH on sale, I'd be tempted, though.

big john 03-01-22 09:37 AM

Wordle 255 3/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not windy here this morning, for a change. Hopefully datlas has a nice ride.

phrantic09 03-01-22 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22424919)
Same RR under the same testing protocol?

I've heard good stuff about RH... actually, I've heard too much good stuff about RH, and the cult is a little too strong for my tastes. If I had a dedicated endurance bike, like my old Domane, and I could find some RH on sale, I'd be tempted, though.

Yah, but there has to be a reason the cult are nuts for them

datlas 03-01-22 10:32 AM

It’s our last full day out west. I am close to over-trained from cycling every day, so gonna save Mt Baldy for next trip and do an easy hike with mrs datlas, then return the borrowed bike and head to USC for a few hours with daughter #2.

There have been MAJOR work IT problems while I was away. Apparently the EMR (electronic medical records) system got messed up over the weekend (they say files got corrupted) so it was down all day yesterday and still down now. They still they cannot fix the corrupted files and plan to restore the system from a backup run on 2/20. I am afraid that may mean everything done last week may be poof.

phrantic09 03-01-22 10:47 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22425032)
Itís our last full day out west. I am close to over-trained from cycling every day, so gonna save Mt Baldy for next trip and do an easy hike with mrs datlas, then return the borrowed bike and head to USC for a few hours with daughter #2.

There have been MAJOR work IT problems while I was away. Apparently the EMR (electronic medical records) system got messed up over the weekend (they say files got corrupted) so it was down all day yesterday and still down now. They still they cannot fix the corrupted files and plan to restore the system from a backup run on 2/20. I am afraid that may mean everything done last week may be poof.

Whoa- thatís awful.

Athena?

phrantic09 03-01-22 10:57 AM

WhyFi did you see pretty much the entire range of American Classic tubeless are approved for Zipp hookless?

WhyFi 03-01-22 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22425068)
WhyFi did you see pretty much the entire range of American Classic tubeless are approved for Zipp hookless?

No, I didn't. I did see that they were pretty damn affordable though. Would like to see some good reviews on them.

phrantic09 03-01-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22425075)
No, I didn't. I did see that they were pretty damn affordable though. Would like to see some good reviews on them.

Yah, the timekeeper are intriguing but upon further inspection it seems only their gravel range is hookless

DougRNS 03-01-22 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22424744)
Learned something about my madone this morning, while reading another thread. I knew there was a reason I came to this site.


Why anyone needs to fly from Memphis this early in the morning, I will never understand.

All the way to/from Memphis?

Eric F 03-01-22 11:30 AM

Wordle 255 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 03-01-22 11:45 AM

Lunching on the strip in Tulum. Tulum is the hot ticket these days. The bar must have dropped since I was here last. It is a mask free zone though, which is quite nice

rjones28 03-01-22 11:45 AM

Benson wants to know, what's in the box? Is it food?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a35f9ab1db.jpg

Eric F 03-01-22 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22424756)
Iím definitely feeling fat this Tuesday.

I'm feeling fat every day.

datlas 03-01-22 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22425057)
Whoa- thatís awful.

Athena?

Allscripts. We have been using it since 2006, this is the first time this has happened.

datlas 03-01-22 01:07 PM

We were in Eric F’s neighborhood today. Went on a relaxing hike on the Cobb estate.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a5e92b29e.jpeg

Eric F 03-01-22 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22425254)
We were in Eric F’s neighborhood today. Went on a relaxing hike on the Cobb estate.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a5e92b29e.jpeg

Very much in my 'hood! Did you go up the Sam Merrill trail? That little bald spot with the red tint is from a fire last week. It got knocked down really quickly.

LesterOfPuppets 03-01-22 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22425144)
Benson wants to know, what's in the box? Is it food?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a35f9ab1db.jpg

You get a fancy fork?

LesterOfPuppets 03-01-22 01:26 PM

Happy Harry Caray's birthday!!!

Should be a national holiday.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...eQ&oe=622367FB

indyfabz 03-01-22 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22425144)
Benson wants to know, what's in the box? Is it food?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a35f9ab1db.jpg

Handsome! Love his bow.

indyfabz 03-01-22 01:37 PM

Quarterly staff meeting tomorrow and then more mandatory bowling fun afterwards.

rjones28 03-01-22 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22425268)
You get a fancy fork?

Yup. Watch this space.

genejockey 03-01-22 01:52 PM

Wait, what?
Wordle 255 6/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 03-01-22 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22425319)
Yup. Watch this space.

One of them ones with the round edges you can also use like a spoon?:roflmao2:

rjones28 03-01-22 01:54 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22425292)
Handsome! Love his bow.

She was at the groomer last week. She always comes home with hair accessories.

Eric F 03-01-22 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22425322)
One of them ones with the round edges you can also use like a spoon?:roflmao2:

Spork.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.