Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

MoAlpha 08-14-22 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22609706)
Well that'd be a pisser, yeah. Sounds like the barometers on the tri watches - they're known to die in chlorine, which is kind of an issue for... triathletes. Never acknowledged, but they replace them, so we're waiting to see if the failures continue with the 955/255. The pedals worked for AG, though I do think Quarqs are much better. The issue is, in the watch space, Coros and Wahoo are far behind. And Apple in different ways.

I have a Garmin watch and itís been fine, but itís never been dunked in a caustic solution. Very good to know, since I might easily have jumped into a pool with it already. Is it okay in salt water? I hear the pedals are fine if you donít get them wet.

This thing, though, is some $600, lives 55í in the air, and has a proprietary cable which is a huge PITA to pull, making it what Frank Zappa might call an exquisite little inconvenience.

MoAlpha 08-14-22 12:40 PM

We renewed our Peacock subscription for the TdF and have been working our way through the earlier races from this season. LSS has an amazing ability to spot riders peeing, even in helo shots. I told you she was special!

big john 08-14-22 01:23 PM

Because of irregular heartbeat and COPD and old age I have been avoiding red lining, sprinting, and chasing but today I went with a group that made me remember how much fun it is. Only 2.5 hours but a great time. Helps when you aren't the slowest one.
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...RA&oe=62FDDB6D

seedsbelize2 08-14-22 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22609816)
'tis better to have wordled and lost than to have never wordled at all- Billy "shake" Shakespeare

I lost at my first attempt.

Mojo31 08-14-22 01:50 PM

Note self - don't jump in pool with Garmin watch.

A friend swam in the Caribbean in his with no problems.

datlas 08-14-22 01:51 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22609867)
Motion to add hunky to the censor



:)

You can say Hunky. Can you say *****??

edit: change u to o and no, obv

rjones28 08-14-22 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22609847)
No #schwinning hashtag?

You're slippin' Jonesy!

:)

:o

Mojo31 08-14-22 01:57 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22609903)
I have a Garmin watch and itís been fine, but itís never been dunked in a caustic solution. Very good to know, since I might easily have jumped into a pool with it already. Is it okay in salt water? I hear the pedals are fine if you donít get them wet.

This thing, though, is some $600, lives 55í in the air, and has a proprietary cable which is a huge PITA to pull, making it what Frank Zappa might call an exquisite little inconvenience.

Is there a conduit or do you have to work to avoid halyards?

rjones28 08-14-22 01:57 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22609852)
is that another acid red Cannondale?

That's Mrs. rjones28's coral Specialized.

bampilot06 08-14-22 02:00 PM

my fitbit and apple watch have been in the pool more times than I can count. Hopefully they donít break.

rjones28 08-14-22 02:02 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22609970)
That's Mrs. rjones28's coral Specialized.

Her first bike ride after bilateral mastectomy. :)

MoAlpha 08-14-22 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22609969)
Is there a conduit or do you have to work to avoid halyards?

Thereís a conduit, but itís tight, especially after I upgraded the coax for the VHF.

MoAlpha 08-14-22 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22609974)
Her first bike ride after bilateral mastectomy. :)

All the best to her!

Mojo31 08-14-22 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22609980)
All the best to her!

Ditto!

Mojo31 08-14-22 02:18 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22609978)
Thereís a conduit, but itís tight, especially after I upgraded the coax for the VHF.

Plus, existing wire can cause blockage since they are not usually piano tight. Good luck.

LesterOfPuppets 08-14-22 03:21 PM

Looks like Speed Week got rained out.

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/202...=70&width=1920

LesterOfPuppets 08-14-22 03:25 PM

I'm in love with this paint (and the bars too of course :) ) but not sure I'm interested in 650c action

https://images.craigslist.org/00505_...u_1200x900.jpg

genejockey 08-14-22 03:52 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22610065)
I'm in love with this paint (and the bars too of course :) ) but not sure I'm interested in 650c action

https://images.craigslist.org/00505_...u_1200x900.jpg

Looks like a bike for a clown.

genejockey 08-14-22 03:57 PM

I did Old La Honda again today. This time instead of trying to keep my HR under 155, I tried to keep my speed over 7 mph. I mostly managed, but there are two STEEP right hand turns, where I had to stand on the pedals. I don't think my speed dropped then. It was when I sat down again. Stop pushing the pedals for a millisecond and you'll lose speed FAST. Stop for two milliseconds, and you'll stop dead.

Ended up going through both bottles, another of water, two gels and a package of Shot Bloks. Climbing always leaves me hungry! So I ate the leftover Haluski. Only fair, since I made it!

Time for a shower, a shave, and a nap.

rjones28 08-14-22 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22610060)
Looks like Speed Week got rained out.

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/202...=70&width=1920

That's not right.

rjones28 08-14-22 06:44 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22610065)
I'm in love with this paint (and the bars too of course :) ) but not sure I'm interested in 650c action

https://images.craigslist.org/00505_...u_1200x900.jpg

How many different bars do we have here?

rjones28 08-14-22 06:47 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22610205)
How many different bars do we have here?

I think four, if you count the bar-ends as one.

rjones28 08-14-22 06:50 PM

Here's one for @datlas next European vacation.


LesterOfPuppets 08-14-22 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22610211)
I think four, if you count the bar-ends as one.

There's one set you can't see from the side view. 5 sets total :)

https://images.craigslist.org/00q0q_...P_1200x900.jpg

Mojo31 08-14-22 07:06 PM

If it’s not aero it’s ergo.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.