Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

rjones28 05-10-20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21467020)
That was last Sunday. It's nice enough to ride this afternoon, but I mowed a lawn and now feel lazy.

It warmed up a bit and the snow melted, so I mowed a lawn and did some other chores.

Heathpack 05-10-20 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21467007)
well atleast somebody rode today.

I rode.

It was a beautiful day here too. Makes me feel a little guilty.

(Not really.)

WhyFi 05-10-20 05:32 PM

No ride for me - it's been a cool, damp, and occasionally rainy day - but I have gotten in some good shop time.

Heathpack 05-10-20 05:33 PM

Did I post this from Thursday’s ride?

The mustard was high as an elephants eye.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dd9acbb62.jpeg

Heathpack 05-10-20 05:41 PM

I think I mentioned that I was approved for a 3 day work week starting in Sept? I was planning on actually working it as four 3/4 days because I thought that’s what would work best for everybody- we’re adding a third neurologist in our department. I was planning on moving to a split week- Mon/Tues, off Wed, then Thurs/Fri.

Well with COVID, I’ve been working 3 days (Mon-Wed) a week in the office and 1 day a week from home (Thursday), and there’s not much to do working from home so I have the day semi-off in reality.

I decided I *really* like the Mon-Wed three day week. If I work Mon-Wed, the new neurologist would need to work a split week: Sun/Mon, off Tues/Wed, work Thurs/Fri, off Sat. I ran that by her and she’s actually likes that schedule. She’s just finishing her residency and the idea of never working more than 2 days in a row is very appealing to her.

Still not 100% settled, I have a few more ducks to get into a row before the schedule is a done deal. But all the hardest hurdles have been leapt.

:D

datlas 05-10-20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Heathpack (Post 21467164)
I think I mentioned that I was approved for a 3 day work week starting in Sept? I was planning on actually working it as four 3/4 days because I thought thatís what would work best for everybody- weíre adding a third neurologist in our department. I was planning on moving to a split week- Mon/Tues, off Wed, then Thurs/Fri.

Well with COVID, Iíve been working 3 days (Mon-Wed) a week in the office and 1 day a week from home (Thursday), and thereís not much to do working from home so I have the day semi-off in reality.

I decided I *really* like the Mon-Wed three day week. If I work Mon-Wed, the new neurologist would need to work a split week: Sun/Mon, off Tues/Wed, work Thurs/Fri, off Sat. I ran that by her and sheís actually likes that schedule. Sheís just finishing her residency and the idea of never working more than 2 days in a row is very appealing to her.

Still not 100% settled, I have a few more ducks to get into a row before the schedule is a done deal. But all the hardest hurdles have been leapt.

:D

Kudos. I have been wanting to drop to 3 days/week for quite some time. May need to delay a few more years because COVID19 and USC tuition.

datlas 05-10-20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21467000)
I got 49mpg on the way home from Costco this morning. Kept the cruise control set to 80 km/h (50mph). I've found, on smaller roads, I can do even better at 35mph. The key is lack of topes. If they are present in any quantity, it drops into the low to mid 30s
#timeonmyhands

Thatís pretty good. The Saturn gets about 38 MPG.

Bah Humbug 05-10-20 06:17 PM

It's funny/ frustrating that my family in the northeast wants sympathy for a dusting of snow, but when it's 100 degrees for 100 days here they just say "well that's Texas".

Velo Vol 05-10-20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21467189)

With topes?

Bah Humbug 05-10-20 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21467189)

Ha - the Lexus gets like 22mpg on the highway, and maybe 16 in town the way I drive (short trips, traffic). I still don't burn much gas though.

rjones28 05-10-20 06:22 PM

The Jeep gets 20-21 MPG, no matter where you drive it.

Trsnrtr 05-10-20 06:33 PM

As the saying goes, first liar doesn't stand a chance. :D

LAJ 05-10-20 06:48 PM

About every ten days, I put gas in the Ranger. I try not to ever let it drop to 1/4 tank.

Trsnrtr 05-10-20 06:53 PM

The CV19 has me buying gas about a third of what I used to. I can't believe how many useless trips that I made before I was told to shelter in place. One of the side benefits of the pandemic if there is one.

Bah Humbug 05-10-20 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21467259)
About every ten days, I put gas in the Ranger. I try not to ever let it drop to 1/4 tank.

I get itchy when I go below half a tank. It's not helped that when I was a new driver, I got stuck on the way home from a late shift on July 3rd because of fireworks. My car was an old IROC-Z 350, and I wound up parking it and walking home. There were also two occasions growing up when my parents straight ran the car out of gas, and my grandmother got close once. I want no part of even getting close to running out.

LAJ 05-10-20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21467277)
I get itchy when I go below half a tank. It's not helped that when I was a new driver, I got stuck on the way home from a late shift on July 3rd because of fireworks. My car was an old IROC-Z 350, and I wound up parking it and walking home. There were also two occasions growing up when my parents straight ran the car out of gas, and my grandmother got close once. I want no part of even getting close to running out.

Same. Plus, keeping the electric fuel pump cool, is another of my reasons.

Velo Vol 05-10-20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21467113)
It warmed up a bit and the snow melted, so I mowed a lawn and did some other chores.

Do you have a daily list of chores?

datlas 05-10-20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21467214)
With topes?

Sin topes.

rjones28 05-10-20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21467259)

The Jeep doesn't get a lot of miles anymore. Maybe 3k a year? It's been out of service for a few months and it hasn't been a problem.

rjones28 05-10-20 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21467301)
Do you have a daily list of chores?

Nope

rjones28 05-10-20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21467336)
The Jeep doesn't get a lot of miles anymore. Maybe 3k a year? It's been out of service for a few months and it hasn't been a problem.

In fact, it needed it's annual inspection in April. Oops.

LAJ 05-10-20 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21467345)
In fact, it needed it's annual inspection in April. Oops.

They suspended registrations here. No tickets for expired plates, because no one can get emission tests. They'll be opening shortly, with modified test rules, and I flat can't wait.... I finally get to let the "Karen's" of the world know what I think of them. And the Ken's, as the case may be.

Velo Vol 05-10-20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21467381)
I finally get to let the "Karen's" of the world know what I think of them. And the Ken's, as the case may be.

Oh boy.

rjones28 05-10-20 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21467381)
They suspended registrations here. No tickets for expired plates, because no one can get emission tests. They'll be opening shortly, with modified test rules, and I flat can't wait.... I finally get to let the "Karen's" of the world know what I think of them. And the Ken's, as the case may be.

It needs some electrical repair and maintenance. I put it off, because I don't have heat in the garage. I might just have AAA flatbed it over to my mechanic and have them do the repairs and inspection all at once.

LAJ 05-10-20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21467408)
Oh boy.

I'm giddy.