Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pelotaunt (SNL Skit) (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1223838)

Notso_fastLane 02-16-21 08:41 AM

Pelotaunt (SNL Skit)

I laughed:

Camilo 02-16-21 03:23 PM

Yeah, it was good. The real ads for Peloton - even more so for Nordic Track stuff - are real hoots. But nice bodies on those exercise models (male and female)! The also live in very nice apartments.

Eric F 02-16-21 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Camilo (Post 21926949)
Yeah, it was good. The real ads for Peloton - even more so for Nordic Track stuff - are real hoots. But nice bodies on those exercise models (male and female)! The also live in very nice apartments.

Basically...If you're fit and rich, this is for you!

caloso 02-16-21 03:37 PM

I laughed. It's probably the only approach that would work on actual cyclists, as opposed to spin class devotees.

hsuBM 02-16-21 03:54 PM

That cracked me up. So glad they’re posting new skits on YT, I wouldn’t see them otherwise.

Originally Posted by Camilo (Post 21926949)
The also live in very nice apartments.

I hate/love this. It’s inspirational in a way.

“Get your **** together, man, you gotta get a real job so you can get 16’ ceilings and floor to ceiling windows on at least the twentieth floor of some building surrounded by buildings with no more than 14 floors!”

Hiro11 02-17-21 01:44 PM

I like how all of them have terrible positions on the bike. Saddles far too low and much too far back. This jibes with my experience with the average spin class.

caloso 02-17-21 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by hsuBM (Post 21927030)
That cracked me up. So glad they’re posting new skits on YT, I wouldn’t see them otherwise.

I hate/love this. It’s inspirational in a way.

“Get your **** together, man, you gotta get a real job so you can get 16’ ceilings and floor to ceiling windows on at least the twentieth floor of some building surrounded by buildings with no more than 14 floors!”

https://twitter.com/clueheywood/stat...217920?lang=en

PDKL45 02-17-21 03:35 PM

Those peletons are crazy. For the price of one, you could have a real bike to ride outside, an indoor trainer with zwift hookups and a zwift subscription.

caloso 02-17-21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by PDKL45 (Post 21928654)
Those peletons are crazy. For the price of one, you could have a real bike to ride outside, an indoor trainer with zwift hookups and a zwift subscription.

I know a few folks with Pelotons and they are not cyclists; they're people who enjoy spin classes. Spin classes are not the same as cycling. Spin classes happen to use equipment that approximates a bike, but that's about it.

Eric F 02-17-21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by caloso (Post 21928679)
I know a few folks with Pelotons and they are not cyclists; they're people who enjoy spin classes. Spin classes are not the same as cycling. Spin classes happen to use equipment that approximates a bike, but that's about it.

Totally accurate.

surak 02-17-21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by PDKL45 (Post 21928654)

I thought the same thing until I upgraded my Kickr and Kickr Climb setup to a Kickr Bike, which costs as much as my best real bike and more than a Peloton (I won't be getting N+1 for a while, that's for sure).

Having something that Just Works when you want to exercise indoors without faffing with the setup (if you want to also ride outside or share the trainer with other household members) is compelling. I'm not interested in the Peloton's closed ecosystem, but there are definitely a lot of people who don't mind the available classes they get.

skidder 02-17-21 05:45 PM

Yeah, saw that on SNL, pretty funny. First thing I thought of was "Does it come with an ashtray and beer cozy attached to the handlebars?" .

PDKL45 02-17-21 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by surak (Post 21928845)
I thought the same thing until I upgraded my Kickr and Kickr Climb setup to a Kickr Bike, which costs as much as my best real bike and more than a Peloton (I won't be getting N+1 for a while, that's for sure).

Having something that Just Works when you want to exercise indoors without faffing with the setup (if you want to also ride outside or share the trainer with other household members) is compelling. I'm not interested in the Peloton's closed ecosystem, but there are definitely a lot of people who don't mind the available classes they get.

Okay, that's a valid point. I don't have any experience with indoor stuff at all--I have an old exercise bike without any smart bits at home--but I've been seeing lots of virtual rides on Strava this winter and the idea of Zwift is quite appealing right now. I guess I'm a bit out of the loop? I had been vaguely aware of the peloton bikes, but I had assumed their screens were for zwift or Youtube or whatever until my wife told me it was an aerobics class thing.

surak 02-17-21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by PDKL45 (Post 21928877)
Okay, that's a valid point. I don't have any experience with indoor stuff at all--I have an old exercise bike without any smart bits at home--but I've been seeing lots of virtual rides on Strava this winter and the idea of Zwift is quite appealing right now. I guess I'm a bit out of the loop? I had been vaguely aware of the peloton bikes, but I had assumed their screens were for zwift or Youtube or whatever until my wife told me it was an aerobics class thing.

I've never used Peloton, so I only know secondhand that they provide a variety of classes meant to be done on-bike or simply watching their screen for stuff like yoga. Some classes are actually cycling-focused, at least it sounds that way from what DC Rainmaker wrote. But yeah, I prefer pretending to be riding somewhere, instead of sharing a virtual room with other sweaty people, so I partake in platforms like Rouvy and Zwift instead.

Bassmanbob 02-17-21 06:06 PM

Funny. Thanks for posting.

Sy Reene 02-17-21 06:14 PM

Makes sense. But what's stopped anyone from just creating a Peloton-type spin class app that's compatible with a smart bike trainer?

CAT7RDR 02-17-21 06:40 PM

Pfft! I had coaches in high school and college that would have been fired and prosecuted compared to that non-sense parody.
The world has gone soft.
Now get off my lawn.

caloso 02-17-21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 21928901)
Makes sense. But what's stopped anyone from just creating a Peloton-type spin class app that's compatible with a smart bike trainer?

I'm pretty sure you can already use the Peloton app with a smart or dumb trainer.

Marcus_Ti 02-17-21 07:03 PM

One of my tent circle had one a couple years ago...for a few weeks before she flipped it for Zwift and a real bike.

OldTryGuy 02-18-21 12:31 AM

Nephew is a private jet pilot. His mom was visiting him last weekend and he took her on a quick flight to Orlando to pick something up for THE BOSS. She videoed the flight and in the rear of the plane was BOSS MAN'S Peloton for those extended trips where he wanted to do a little cycling at 40,000' and 500+mph.