Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   UCI Track Cycling Challenge (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1131072)

carleton 12-19-17 04:33 PM

UCI Track Cycling Challenge

I just ran across this on the Tissot Timing website and did some searching to find this: Track Cycling Challenge 2017 | Tissot Velodrome

It seems like a 2-day international race where UCI points can be earned. Not really sure, though. There are participants from A LOT of countries, including the USA.

It's a Class: CL1 race (not sure what that means), and they are offering a full menu of events, even for just 2 days.

carleton 12-19-17 04:35 PM

Also found this promo video which mentions a live stream:

Godsight 12-19-17 05:14 PM

Milton also had a race like this in 2016. Not all national federation might send people, some will go under their pro team. There was another race like this this past weekend in portugal called the Troféu Internacional de Anadi. Canada brought (and is also bringing to Grechen) many of it's younger senior elite riders like the NextGen TP squad, Lauriane Genest and Stefan Ritter to get them more international race competition

zizou 12-19-17 05:30 PM

In Portugal last week Charlie Tanfield managed a 4.13 in the individual pursuit...apparently it's not a fast track either so keep an eye on him this week, could do something special. Part of the Team KGF that got a 4th place in the TP in the Manchester round of the world cup last month with some unconventional tactics.

Interesting podium actually - 2nd was Dan Bigham his KGF team mate, he is British kilo champ (and won the Kilo in Portugal too) but not a sprinter so from the Taylor Phinney school of kiloing. 3rd was John Archibald brother of Katie, he has been beating Obrees Scottish time trial records on the road this year and took up track a couple months ago. Not a bad start!

Poppit 12-20-17 05:20 AM

Both Tanfields are competing in Grenchen, Charlie is better than Harry on the track, other way round on the road.

https://www.gofundme.com/teamkgf

Monkeyfudger 12-20-17 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This’ll be very interesting on a couple of levels!

ruudlaff 12-20-17 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Monkeyfudger (Post 20062992)

On a separate note, tried those aerosox - and while I have zero idea if there was any aerodynamic advantage I quite liked how comfortable they were. The top of the socks are held up using the sticky hem type stuff that you find in high end bibshorts :thumb:

tobukog 12-20-17 07:20 AM

Holloway confirmed his World Cup win in the Omnium with a 2nd in Spain. He was also part of the 4:02 team that set a new us record too.

carleton 12-20-17 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Monkeyfudger (Post 20062992)

"#kitdoping"
"#sockdoping"

So much for trying to shake the doping stigma from cycling.

Poppit 12-20-17 07:45 AM

Charlie vs Harry in the IP gold medal ride

Monkeyfudger 12-20-17 07:47 AM

Marketing. They’re certainly getting noticed.

topflightpro 12-20-17 08:25 AM

Quick questions, and mods, please feel free to delete, but Would it make more sense for us to create one Pro Track Racing forum where we can discuss various World, UCI, Six-day... events as opposed to creating new threads for each event?

This forum has been pretty good about keeping topics tight.

carleton 12-20-17 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by topflightpro (Post 20063121)
Quick questions, and mods, please feel free to delete, but Would it make more sense for us to create one Pro Track Racing forum where we can discuss various World, UCI, Six-day... events as opposed to creating new threads for each event?

This forum has been pretty good about keeping topics tight.

I'm not a mod anymore, but I've been around since the "dark ages" of this sub-forum (when it was dead as nails around here).

While I agree with your idea in principle, but the numbers just don't support creating a new sub forum like the Road - Pro Cycling for the Fans sub.

Currently Active Users for Track Racing: 12 (4 members & 8 guests)
Compare that to the Road forum: 104 (16 members & 88 guests)

It's sort of early in the morning (10AM EST), but the ratio is always about the same.

The signal/noise ratio here is pretty good compared to the other track forums/groups that I'm aware of. Probably the best of all (including FB and Red dit) It may not be the most active in terms of chatter, but signal/noise is best....IMHO.

Since I stepped down from being a mod a year (or two...can't recall) ago, we've pretty much been self-governing.

If you have an idea on how we should handle such big events (World Cup, Pan Am, Worlds, 6 Day, etc...) within this forum, then it'll likley be adopted. Maybe 1 thread for each type of event so people can subscribe?