Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

bampilot06 06-29-22 06:24 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b703a0973.png


Ride from 2019. Wish I had heart rate data back then, I am sure it was through the roof.

indyfabz 06-29-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22558522)
I'm surprised they haven't made an electric bike for bikepacking and called it the eNomad.

Quality.

My father and a friend, who were both lawyers who had some interesting cases in their lives, penned an idea for a TV show involving lawyers at a firm. They sent it off to some company in Hollywood. May have been MTM. I canít remember. A few years later ďL.A. LawĒ started airing. They didnít have enough basis to claim copyright infringement.

Velo Vol 06-29-22 06:41 PM

Somehow I had avoided this dreaded warm-weather nemesis until today. There was a swarm out seeking to inflict pain upon me.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4b75c6dc7.png

MoAlpha 06-29-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22558424)
Agree. It took me some time to learn about the cable tension screw (make two white lines align) and the top cap that cable runs through is interesting but good once you thread it properly. If you have a braze on don’t forget about that inner plate thingy!

The old unit had that stand-off screw and the “braze-on” has its own pressure plate. Sticking that thing onto the tube with the derailleur mounted would have been a bit fiddly. My cable is frayed from the clamp on the old one and needs to be replaced, but I got the end through the cap and put an end cap on it. I was afraid I’d lose it otherwise.

Mojo31 06-29-22 06:49 PM

QUOTE=Velo Vol;22558547]Somehow I had avoided this dreaded warm-weather nemesis until today. There was a swarm out seeking to inflict pain upon me.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4b75c6dc7.png[/QUOTE]

Damn! Youíre lucky those things didnít band together, carry you off, and devour you.

bampilot06 06-29-22 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22558557)
QUOTE=Velo Vol;22558547]Somehow I had avoided this dreaded warm-weather nemesis until today. There was a swarm out seeking to inflict pain upon me.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4b75c6dc7.png

Damn! Youíre lucky those things didnít band together, carry you off, and devour you.[/QUOTE]



Summer is not over yet, there is still time.

WhyFi 06-29-22 06:53 PM

Ugh. The Bloat has begun.

I'm not accustomed to eating out so much and, between big serving sizes and the inlaw's eating schedule, I find myself stuffed all too frequently when we're in VA. Today was no different - I was still full from lunch but the in-laws wanted to go out for Mexican at a place that I like.

I felt sorry for our server - a table of six, including two kids, two people splitting a meal (MIL and BIL) and my wife and I, who were too full for anything besides drinks and half-heartedly picking at chips and salsa. I knew that my MIL would pick up the tab, and I'm appreciative of that, but I also knew that the tip would suck. I decided that the only sensible thing to do would be to order a shot of tequila, after the tab had been settled, so that I could lay some suitable gratuity down. I tell ya - the sacrifices I make. :p

bampilot06 06-29-22 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22558561)
Ugh. The Bloat has begun.

I'm not accustomed to eating out so much and, between big serving sizes and the inlaw's eating schedule, I find myself stuffed all too frequently when we're in VA. Today was no different - I was still full from lunch but the in-laws wanted to go out for Mexican at a place that I like.

I felt sorry for our server - a table of six, including two kids, two people splitting a meal (MIL and BIL) and my wife and I, who were too full for anything besides drinks and half-heartedly picking at chips and salsa. I knew that my MIL would pick up the tab, and I'm appreciative of that, but I also knew that the tip would suck. I decided that the only sensible thing to do would be to order a shot of tequila, after the tab had been settled, so that I could lay some suitable gratuity down. I tell ya - the sacrifices I make. :p


La toleca?

WhyFi 06-29-22 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22558547)
Somehow I had avoided this dreaded warm-weather nemesis until today. There was a swarm out seeking to inflict pain upon me.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4b75c6dc7.png

A little ****er like that got scooped in to my partially unzipped jersey a few years ago. Stung me a couple times before I could get it out. :notamused:

WhyFi 06-29-22 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22558563)
La toleca?

Plaza Aztecta, High Street/Richmond Road.

Favorite place to go alone is the little place further up Richmond Road, kind of across from the old Pottery stores.

Trsnrtr 06-29-22 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22558500)
Why would it not have the bars I have?

I was told they were going away from the one piece design back in June last year.

I just checked the Emonda SLR7 Project One build and the one piece is standard.

Mojo31 06-29-22 07:03 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22558561)
Ugh. The Bloat has begun.

I'm not accustomed to eating out so much and, between big serving sizes and the inlaw's eating schedule, I find myself stuffed all too frequently when we're in VA. Today was no different - I was still full from lunch but the in-laws wanted to go out for Mexican at a place that I like.

I felt sorry for our server - a table of six, including two kids, two people splitting a meal (MIL and BIL) and my wife and I, who were too full for anything besides drinks and half-heartedly picking at chips and salsa. I knew that my MIL would pick up the tab, and I'm appreciative of that, but I also knew that the tip would suck. I decided that the only sensible thing to do would be to order a shot of tequila, after the tab had been settled, so that I could lay some suitable gratuity down. I tell ya - the sacrifices I make. :p

Sometimes you have to be a team player and take one for the team.

bampilot06 06-29-22 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22558565)
Plaza Aztecta, High Street/Richmond Road.

Favorite place to go alone is the little place further up Richmond Road, kind of across from the old Pottery stores.

Havnt been to either. We always end up a La toleca.

Velo Vol 06-29-22 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22558564)
A little ****er like that got scooped in to my partially unzipped jersey a few years ago. Stung me a couple times before I could get it out. :notamused:

Years ago I helped paint from time to time. The worst of it was when you're up on the ladder and one or more starts coming after you. If you're stationary, they basically keep coming back until you kill them.

bampilot06 06-29-22 07:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22558579)
Years ago I helped paint from time to time. The worst of it was when you're up on the ladder and one or more starts coming after you. If you're stationary, they basically keep coming back until you kill them.

my 2 biggest fears. Bees, and Heights. No thank you.

WhyFi 06-29-22 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22558574)
Havnt been to either. We always end up a La toleca.

On Richmond, too, right? Haven't been. I'm sure it's good, too. It's weird - besides pancake houses, Mexican restaurants seem to be the most numerous in the area.

Mojo31 06-29-22 07:21 PM

New GT3 - PAOTD


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...910139a2d.jpeg

genejockey 06-29-22 07:28 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22558557)

Damn! You’re lucky those things didn’t band together, carry you off, and devour you.

Sure, HE'S lucky. But what about the rest of us?

Mojo31 06-29-22 07:32 PM

We’re lucky. We don’t live in Knoxville.

genejockey 06-29-22 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22558599)
Weíre lucky. We donít live in Knoxville.

There is that.

indyfabz 06-29-22 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22558561)
I decided that the only sensible thing to do would be to order a shot of tequila, after the tab had been settled, so that I could lay some suitable gratuity down. I tell ya - the sacrifices I make. :p

Too many people in the Philly bike club are notoriously cheap. On more than one occasion I and a couple of others have supplemented tips.

One ride I used to lead every year went to a small lunch counter type place associated with a marina. A dozen people was a lunch rush for them, but they always gave us fast, friendly service and offered to fill our bottles with ice and water. I felt compelled to tell the group to make sure they tip well after I witnessed people cheaping out one year.

big john 06-29-22 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22558599)
Weíre lucky. We donít live in Knoxville.

On the Schmidt Sting Pain Index, sweat bee stings are rated a 1.0, where 1 is the least pain of all. For reference, honey bee stings are rated a 2: twice as painful.

BillyD 06-29-22 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22558408)

One of my all-time favorite gags. On the podium for sure.

genejockey 06-29-22 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22558612)
On the Schmidt Sting Pain Index, sweat bee stings are rated a 1.0, where 1 is the least pain of all. For reference, honey bee stings are rated a 2: twice as painful.

When I was ute, I was climbing a tree and bumped my head into something more yielding than a branch. Then my head started itching so I reached up to scratch it and came back with 3-4 bald-faced hornets on my hand. I screamed, let go of my grip on the tree, fell to the ground and ran screaming for the kitchen door. I think I got off a lot lighter than I thought at the time, but for decades after I could still see a couple tiny red marks where the f***ers got me.

DougRNS 06-29-22 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22558429)
BTW I fixed my inner limit screw on the FD so no more chain drop. But I am askeered one of the drops may have slightly bent one link, as I did have one chain suck episode. I may have to put on my reading glasses and take a closer look at each link and the little chainring teeth to see if one of them is bent a smidge.

Do tell.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.