Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

MoAlpha 08-31-21 12:30 PM

LSS's Oncotype DX score is 10/100. That's great news, for those of you who aren't @datlas. Now 15 days of XRT, 5 years of an aromatase inhibitor, and, hopefully, happily ever after.

If the scheduling works, we might even get out for some cruising in Sept. She drove the boat on Sunday, but felt it a bit when she had to grind in the Genoa sheet. No point in going easy on her, though. :D

indyfabz 08-31-21 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22208854)
Here's a load of continuous rail....

A/K/A as "continuously welded rail", or "CWR."

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22209063)
No 53/39? 54/40 or fight?

Flatlander gears. Great to have.

datlas 08-31-21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22209098)
LSS's Oncotype DX score is 10/100. That's great news, for those of you who aren't @datlas. Now 15 days of XRT, 5 years of an aromatase inhibitor, and, hopefully, happily ever after.

If the scheduling works, we might even get out for some cruising in Sept. She drove the boat on Sunday, but felt it a bit when she had to grind in the Genoa sheet. No point in going easy on her, though. :D

I am quite familiar with this assay. It's been very well validated. Good news.

datlas 08-31-21 12:42 PM

We have a new physician who just started working last week. She interviewed with us about 4 months ago but had to give notice, which is typical in my field.

I am 99% sure she is pregnant by looking at her. There is no diplomatic and PC/legal way to find out, right? It has profound implications for staffing so would be helpful to know.

Velo Vol 08-31-21 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22209118)
I am 99% sure she is pregnant by looking at her. There is no diplomatic and PC/legal way to find out, right? It has profound implications for staffing so would be helpful to know.

Offer her a drink.

genejockey 08-31-21 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22209098)

I would caution you that Mrs. GeneJockey was on an aromatase inhibitor very briefly, because it hit her like supercharged menopause. So she did 5 years of Tamoxifen instead.

genejockey 08-31-21 12:51 PM

We have a new physician who just started working last week. She interviewed with us about 4 months ago but had to give notice, which is typical in my field.

Wait a month or so.

Seriously, though - assuming you are in some sort of managerial position, No.

MoAlpha 08-31-21 12:51 PM

Very sad that she didn't trust you enough to mention it, especially now that she's there!

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22209121)
Offer her a drink.

:thumb:

MoAlpha 08-31-21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22209126)
I would caution you that Mrs. GeneJockey was on an aromatase inhibitor very briefly, because it hit her like supercharged menopause. So she did 5 years of Tamoxifen instead.

Yeah, definitely a question, but way better than chemo!

Velo Vol 08-31-21 12:54 PM

Invite her to go on one of your bike rides. Tell her it's a good way to lose weight.

genejockey 08-31-21 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22209133)
Yeah, definitely a question, but way better than chemo!

Oh, yeah. Mrs. GJ did that, to, Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide. Plus radiation. And 5 years of Tasmoxifen. 17 years ago. Cancer free since!

I remember taking her to one of her infusion sessions, and the nurse being ultracautious about getting the IV right, because "If this gets on your skin, it really burns". And I thought, "On her skin? ON HER SKIN?!? You're putting 30 mL of it right into her damn veins!!!"

So, yeah! No chemo is great news!!

MoAlpha 08-31-21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22209143)
Oh, yeah. Mrs. GJ did that, to, Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide. Plus radiation. And 5 years of Tasmoxifen. 17 years ago. Cancer free since!

I remember taking her to one of her infusion sessions, and the nurse being ultracautious about getting the IV right, because "If this gets on your skin, it really burns". And I thought, "On her skin? ON HER SKIN?!? You're putting 30 mL of it right into her damn veins!!!"

So, yeah! No chemo is great news!!

Seen lots and lots of patients on chemo in a previous life and yeah, you can inject stuff you can't put on skin. Surprised she didn't have a PICC. Sorry the two of you had to go through that. Sounds like it turned out well, though.

genejockey 08-31-21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22209148)
Seen lots and lots of patients on chemo in a previous life and yeah, you can inject stuff you can't put on skin. Surprised she didn't have a PICC. Sorry the two of you had to go through that. Sounds like it turned out well, though.

Yes, it has. All's well that ends well! While it was going on, though, you tend to think "All's well that ends."

Mojo31 08-31-21 01:05 PM

UPS is about the worst delivery service out there.

I frequently have packages delivered to the office because the door is always open and someone is always here during business hours, but I can't tell you the number of times items have been shown to be delivered by leaving them on the "porch" when they were not left on the porch. Happened today with a bike gear order, which just happened to make it more irritating.

Even the US Mail has been providing better service, and that is saying a lot.

Mojo31 08-31-21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22209121)
Offer her a drink.

And then get sued for sexual harassment?

Mojo31 08-31-21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22209137)
Invite her to go on one of your bike rides. Tell her it's a good way to lose weight.

The stuff they teach at the University of Tennessee law school. SMH

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22209158)
UPS is about the worst delivery service out there.

I frequently have packages delivered to the office because the door is always open and someone is always here during business hours, but I can't tell you the number of times items have been shown to be delivered by leaving them on the "porch" when they were not left on the porch. Happened today with a bike gear order, which just happened to make it more irritating.

Even the US Mail has been providing better service, and that is saying a lot.

Weirdly, I find UPS great.

Mojo31 08-31-21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22209172)

Maybe its contracted delivery, and we just got a bad group.

Thing is that the better drivers know me well and by name, and we frequently chat when they come in. It seems that some drivers assigned to the route just don't give a ****.

FedEx is the best around here.

The good thing is that Trek is reshipping the product, and handling it with UPS on their end. Since it's a fall apparel item, I don't urgently need it.

LesterOfPuppets 08-31-21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22209063)
No 53/39? 54/40 or fight?

52/44 or nothing at all :)

MoAlpha 08-31-21 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22209172)

Yeah, I haven't had any trouble with them either and I love the truck tracking feature. USPS, on the other hand is FUBAR.

DHL is the worst of the worst.

MoAlpha 08-31-21 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22209163)
And then get sued for sexual harassment?

In a social situation, would that be (1) unwanted, improper or offensive; (2) affect decisions concerning her employment or (3) create an intimidating, hostile or humiliating working environment for the recipient?

phrantic09 08-31-21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22209022)
Frame holes? My main bike is the Habanero, titanium. No holes that I am aware of.

Could you get some reinforcement welded to the frame then drill the holes for wires? That's what a dude I know is doing with his homemade steel frame - YMMV

Mojo31 08-31-21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22209193)
In a social situation, would that be (1) unwanted, improper or offensive; (2) affect decisions concerning her employment or (3) create an intimidating, hostile or humiliating working environment for the recipient?

I could make the case that it would fit.

These days, better safe than sorry.

LesterOfPuppets 08-31-21 01:33 PM

CL Ti of the day. Vintage Clark Kent with 74xx goodies on. And a steel stem #steelisreal

Asking $950

https://images.craigslist.org/00u0u_...4_1200x900.jpg