Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

phrantic09 02-03-22 07:37 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22397645)
I've had the same thought. Pactimo has their best winter long tights at 50% off, but nah.

This year, when the temps started getting down into the upper 40s, I found that if I dressed so that I was comfortable for the first hour or so, I got progressively cold after that, even when going hard, and by the time I got home from a two hr ride, I was pretty unhappy. I am scared of hypothermia, which I have had in the past and is just one mechanical away in this weather, and I took it as nature's of saying, "fake miles for you, old man."

I ordered some bibs from them, if I like them, going to grab their winter jacket. I like outside.

bampilot06 02-03-22 07:37 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22397980)
I was jst about to leave work, having completed a bunch of scRNAseq analysis, and I noticed a little distortion in my vision, just below my focal point and a bit to the left. "Is this another ocular migraine?" I asked myself. Spent the nex 5 minutes trying to see it, with little success. Just about the time I decided it wasn't, I realized that it is, indeed, an ocular migraine. So I guess I'mma stay here at work for a while. especially since it's decided to expand right into my focal point.

Should be gon ie in 20 minute or so. The first one freaked me right the f*** out, but everything I read on them says they're nothing to worry about. Just seems like a bad idea, driving at night while having one.


Iíve never heard of this, and hope I never experience this.

rjones28 02-03-22 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22397978)
Au contraire. It's a map+. You're just irked that I'm sharing data freely with the people, threatening your clients-only business model.

Not really.

bampilot06 02-03-22 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397984)
I ordered some bibs from them, if I like them, going to grab their winter jacket. I like outside.


Castelli alpha 2 jacket. Iím telling ya, best jacket out thereÖÖÖÖ

genejockey 02-03-22 07:40 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22397985)
Iíve never heard of this, and hope I never experience this.

It could be problematic in your line of work.

genejockey 02-03-22 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22397985)
Iíve never heard of this, and hope I never experience this.

What happens is, the distortion grows for about 15 minutes, then disappears over the next 10. No pain, no headache, just the visual distortion.

Looks like this, only subtler.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a20bcfd4b4.jpg

phrantic09 02-03-22 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22397988)
Castelli alpha 2 jacket. Iím telling ya, best jacket out thereÖÖÖÖ

Meh- Iím reluctant to spend 380 on a jacket

genejockey 02-03-22 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397992)
Meh- Iím reluctant to spend 380 on a jacket

I can't see spending that kind of scratch on a jacket.

bampilot06 02-03-22 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22397991)
What happens is, the distortion grows for about 15 minutes, then disappears over the next 10. No pain, no headache, just the visual distortion.

Looks like this, only subtler.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a20bcfd4b4.jpg


Dont stand up so fast.















Next.

bampilot06 02-03-22 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397992)
Meh- Iím reluctant to spend 380 on a jacket

You donít spend your money on a 380 dollar jacket. You get someone else to spend their money on a 380 jacket.

bampilot06 02-03-22 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22397996)
I can't see spending that kind of scratch on a jacket.


I agree but now that I have one, if it ever needs to be replaced I will have to cough up the money.

phrantic09 02-03-22 07:55 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22397998)
You donít spend your money on a 380 dollar jacket. You get someone else to spend their money on a 380 jacket.

Hah!!

phrantic09 02-03-22 07:55 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22397837)
check the hanger alignment

it seems fine, if itís bent on a new bike Iíll be pissed

genejockey 02-03-22 07:57 PM

And just like that, it's gone.

DougRNS 02-03-22 07:59 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22397978)
Au contraire. It's a map+. You're just irked that I'm sharing data freely with the people, threatening your clients-only business model.

I thought the overwhelming majority were born in a hospital. :foo:
#JustSaying

MoAlpha 02-03-22 08:00 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22397980)
I was jst about to leave work, having completed a bunch of scRNAseq analysis, and I noticed a little distortion in my vision, just below my focal point and a bit to the left. "Is this another ocular migraine?" I asked myself. Spent the nex 5 minutes trying to see it, with little success. Just about the time I decided it wasn't, I realized that it is, indeed, an ocular migraine. So I guess I'mma stay here at work for a while. especially since it's decided to expand right into my focal point.

Should be gon ie in 20 minute or so. The first one freaked me right the f*** out, but everything I read on them says they're nothing to worry about. Just seems like a bad idea, driving at night while having one.

Thatís a classic migraine aura. Ocular migraine is a retinal thing, rare and potentially ugly.

gnome 02-03-22 08:19 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397992)
Meh- Iím reluctant to spend 380 on a jacket

I could buy a bike for that much. particularly if I convert US$ to our lower value currency.

Velo Vol 02-03-22 08:26 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22397983)
well, tomorrow is going to suck for multiple reasons.

What are the top five?

Trsnrtr 02-03-22 08:28 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22398007)
I thought the overwhelming majority were born in a hospital. :foo:
#JustSaying

I wasnít.

WhyFi 02-03-22 08:28 PM

For the whisky drinkers: I picked this up last week after seeing it at the LLS and reading favorable stuffs about it online. The favorable stuffs is right - not too shabby for ~$35 bucks. Supposedly made with cocktails in mind, but I find it more than acceptable neat, too.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1c1e5216d3.jpg

DougRNS 02-03-22 08:31 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22398035)
I wasnít.

congratulations, you are part of the underwhelming minority. :bday:

WhyFi 02-03-22 08:33 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397992)
Meh- Iím reluctant to spend 380 on a jacket

Stuff in that really high-end space seems to be priced with an eventual 50% Off sale in mind, or so it seems to me. If not, well, I find it hard to imagine that there isn't something out there that'll do at least 98% as well for half as much.

WhyFi 02-03-22 08:39 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22398005)
And just like that, it's gone.

Keyser Soze Migrane?

abshipp 02-03-22 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22397525)
Think I figured out the chain skip-

1 - there was about 15mm between top of pulley and bottom of cog on the biggest cog, fixed that

2- high limit was a little inside the smallest cog

1: As in bringing the pulley closer to the cog?

2: Ignore this if you know this already, but Shimano wants the guide pulley slightly outboard of the centerline of the smallest cog. Giving it a little more room to overshift makes everything a lot happier.



Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22398004)
it seems fine, if itís bent on a new bike Iíll be pissed

Long cage derailleurs will exacerbate misalignment, for sure.

They are also are never happy backpedaling when in the largest few cogs, at least with 1x MTB systems.

seedsbelize2 02-03-22 09:01 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22397296)
Steady, big wind this morning. The electricity is sufferring.

And then it quit altogether. As darkness came on, I searched my laptop for downloaded books. "A Farewell to Arms" was downloaded a day or two ago. Another classic, or so I am told.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.