Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

datlas 03-31-22 10:49 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457143)
Everything colder that HI is too cold anyway. CO is better than CNY, but still. Mountains... I clearly have no interest in winter sports.

I too have zero interest in winter sports. But I like to ride my bike up hills. Longer is better. The longest hill near here is barely 2 miles and a wimpy 4-5%. Tougher hills like 8-10% are 1 mile at best.

Whiteface is 8 miles at 8%. There is nothing that even comes close to that around here.

Mojo31 03-31-22 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457136)
Yeah that was the best run, by far, since the crash. Did my favorite warm-up ride (Amalfi coast, predominantly downhill interspersed with some uphill surges) and then rolled out on the run... and it felt just like running should. Cadence drooped after the first mile as the vim ran out of my legs, but my hip barely barked at all. Now to see what tomorrow is like.

Real estate developer? No, not aware of one with my last name at all. Poor New England farmers...

The real estate developer, Michael Ayer, did the Davenport 360 project in Austin.

Koyote 03-31-22 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22456941)
Not Saratoga likely - Fort Collins os the leader, or maybe stay in Austin.

I lived in FoCo for 15 years, and still have ties there. Great place overall, and a great place to be a cyclist. It has gotten pretty crowded and expensive, though.

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 11:35 AM


Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22457183)
I lived in FoCo for 15 years, and still have ties there. Great place overall, and a great place to be a cyclist. It has gotten pretty crowded and expensive, though.

Not by comparison to Austin. All decent cities are like that, really. Iíd prefer back to Boulder in abstract, but AGís work would potentially make FoCo much easier.

LAJ 03-31-22 11:37 AM

Ft. Collins is trying to out-Boulder Boulder. It's an interesting thing to witness.

Koyote 03-31-22 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22457194)
Ft. Collins is trying to out-Boulder Boulder. It's an interesting thing to witness.

Yep. I first got to FoCo in '85...It was a bit like Boulder, only smaller and without the self-conscious hip-ness. Now it's an altogether different place.

LesterOfPuppets 03-31-22 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22456887)
Wordle 285 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I consider 4 a victory since I had no idea what was going on.

Same. 4 is kinda meh, but the game said "Splendid!"

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 01:12 PM

Fort Collins just got another step closer.

Jack Tone 03-31-22 01:18 PM

Replaced the battery on my Garmin 520. A lot easier than the replacement on my wife's old Kindle. The screen has to be pried off gently to access the battery, and this is the result. It works, though :foo:



https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bc349d6939.jpg

Edit: The video I used made it look easier for the screen removal. Knowing what I know now, I would have used a heat gun on the edges for a bit. It was really glued on well.

seedsbelize2 03-31-22 01:35 PM

I didn't know Kindle batteries could be changed.

Jack Tone 03-31-22 01:38 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22457332)
I didn't know Kindle batteries could be changed.

That's why it was harder. But still possible.

phrantic09 03-31-22 02:36 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22457115)

Nice pace on that run

BillyD 03-31-22 02:46 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22456331)
Eventually I made it into the canyon where I used to live. Lots of unusual houses there.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d53058a4e7.jpg

Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts. I remember when I met her at a public radio fund raising event, she was wearing several necklaces of beads, one of them made of flashing multi-colored lights. I decided I had to meet this person. In hindsight, I blame it on the lights. :roflmao2:

LAJ 03-31-22 02:50 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22457399)
Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts. I remember when I met her at a public radio fund raising event, she was wearing several necklaces of beads, one of them made of flashing multi-colored lights. I decided I had to meet this person. In hindsight, I blame it on the lights. :roflmao2:

People are magpies, and like shiny things.

Well... Most. Some clamp the top tube when it's dirty.

BillyD 03-31-22 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22456430)
I did not see the Oscars, and I expect there is plenty of blame to go around.

That said, celebrities are usually fair game for comediansí jokes, and comedians are known for making insulting jokes, so I think the conclusion should be fairly obvious. If he made a bad joke about someoneís child under 18 that is obv a different matter.

It was a lame joke. Weak. Not laugh worthy. I'm convinced he was unaware of Jada's condition, he was just saying her close cut hair was perfect for the movie Demi Moore did bald. That's it, just a lame joke. Jada hardly even reacted, she didn't gasp or clutch her pearls or anything, she just rolled her eyes at a lame joke.

Will totally overreacted. I am so disappointed in him, he has probably ruined the rest of his acting career as well as his personal reputation. He is one of my favorite actors, I love just about everything he does and this behavior is just so disappointing.

indyfabz 03-31-22 03:17 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22457399)
Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts

What gifts did she give you? 😇

seedsbelize2 03-31-22 03:21 PM

105 f

Mojo31 03-31-22 03:21 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22457428)
What gifts did she give you? 😇

The bountiful kind.

big john 03-31-22 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22457399)
Wow, this reminds me of this hippie joint a girlfriend brought me to one day, belonged to some friends of hers, it was the hangout. Stoned hippies, smoking pot and talking nonsense day and night. I stopped seeing her shortly thereafter, despite her bountiful gifts. I remember when I met her at a public radio fund raising event, she was wearing several necklaces of beads, one of them made of flashing multi-colored lights. I decided I had to meet this person. In hindsight, I blame it on the lights. :roflmao2:

Lots of crazy stories from that area. I grew up just outside of the canyon but that's where I hung out until I got a car. I moved into the canyon in 2000 when I answered an ad for a rental and the owner and I realized we knew each other from the 60s. So many unique houses up there, even though many were lost in the 1971 earthquake.
In the 60s there was a store in the canyon, nice couple ran it and they closed after getting burglarized. It never reopened but it's still there. I think people are living in it.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a0f8d09a45.jpg

genejockey 03-31-22 03:42 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22457421)
It was a lame joke. Weak. Not laugh worthy. I'm convinced he was unaware of Jada's condition, he was just saying her close cut hair was perfect for the movie Demi Moore did bald. That's it, just a lame joke. Jada hardly even reacted, she didn't gasp or clutch her pearls or anything, she just rolled her eyes at a lame joke.

Will totally overreacted. I am so disappointed in him, he has probably ruined the rest of his acting career as well as his personal reputation. He is one of my favorite actors, I love just about everything he does and this behavior is just so disappointing.

I decided some time ago not to pay much attention to the actions or political preferences of entertainers. My feeling is, we don't pay them to be smart, or politically astute, or to live exemplary lives. We pay them to convince us they're somebody else for a couple hours, to help us briefly escape our own lives to experience something else.

datlas 03-31-22 04:25 PM

Installing cables for Ultegra R8000 shifters. They provide plastic caps that serve as housing stops for the cables. The shift ones are black and the brake ones are silver/metal. The shifter ones nestle into the shifter perfectly. The brake ones do NOT and I am thinking I did something wrong. See pics, first is of the parts and second is in situ. Any suggestions??


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a414f646f.jpeg



https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cf215cdb4.jpeg

ls01 03-31-22 04:51 PM

Oh lort hep me! I'm @ the kia dealership wrecking financial future. 1st New car purchase eva!

datlas 03-31-22 04:52 PM

I think the brake stops are for internally routed brake cables, which I don’t have. Or for the rear brake stops along the top tube.

Mystery solved.

ls01 03-31-22 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22457527)
I think the brake stops are for internally routed brake cables, which I donít have. Yes?

Aren't those small tubes guides for that cables?

ls01 03-31-22 05:17 PM

Well, won't be sleeping tonight! Ah well it was time. Ava was good for a good long while. But it was time. I was pushing my luck running her as long as I did.

datlas 03-31-22 05:36 PM

Sad event this evening. I was leaving work and walking to the Saturn. As I was about to get in, I saw two deer running across the parking lot about 10 feet in front of me. They were spooked. They turned and ran across the next building’s lot and then into 30 MPH traffic. One got hit by a car with a loud hollow noise, the other avoided the car and ran off. I walked over to the side of the road where the deer was lying. Dead. It was about 100 feet away from me, close enough to see everything as it happened. The motorist did not stop.

Poor Bambi. At least she did not suffer, she died pretty much instantly.

Mojo31 03-31-22 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22457527)
I think the brake stops are for internally routed brake cables, which I donít have. Or for the rear brake stops along the top tube.

Mystery solved.

Watch out for the Ben Franklin close, and tell the finance guy to kiss your arse on the upsell warranties, window etching, etc.

Bah Humbug 03-31-22 05:52 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22457575)
Watch out for the Ben Franklin close, and tell the finance guy to kiss your arse on the upsell warranties, window etching, etc.

^ This!

datlas 03-31-22 06:01 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22457432)
105 f

hot

LesterOfPuppets 03-31-22 06:14 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22457545)
Well, won't be sleeping tonight! Ah well it was time. Ava was good for a good long while. But it was time. I was pushing my luck running her as long as I did.

Ava the Avalanche?

Awwww.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.