Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

LAJ 06-11-20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21529199)
A kid'll eat ivy too.

Wouldn't you?

LAJ 06-11-20 08:55 PM

Mask car ordered. I went big, and ordered the autographed one. That was quick.

DougRNS 06-11-20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21529009)
I mowed one lawn today and it took seven hours.

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21529070)
I don't know. The main (tractor) mowing takes about 2.5 hours. Today I spend about an hour picking up sticks and stuff, 2.25 hours weed eating, 0.75 hours push mowing, 0.5 hours with the blower.

That only adds up to 6 hours. SMFH

Velo Vol 06-12-20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21529136)
Walked the mean streets of Cazenovistan with Mrs. rjones28, after dinner. There was an ice cream stop.

Strava?

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21529256)
That only adds up to 6 hours. SMFH

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21529070)
Today I spend about an hour picking up sticks and stuff,

Math is hard.

rpenmanparker 06-12-20 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21528312)
Whoa. I do believe that I see some pigs on the wing.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1270819350644211719

There will be a backlash, welcome to civil society, NASCAR.

indyfabz 06-12-20 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21529022)
Have to cut my parents tomorrow, prolly will take an hour ish.

Iím pretty sure that would be illegal.

Bah Humbug 06-12-20 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21529074)
Well, you can give 'em a whirl... but I wouldn't get your hopes up. In-ceiling are fine for background music, but I've never been a fan of 'em for use with a screen. Most sound okay at best, and then you have a voice coming from your ceiling, instead of from your screen. To try 'em out, you're going to need to buy a receiver or an integrated amp, at the least. If you don't care about surround effects, I'd just go with a more basic stereo receiver/integrated amp and just use the front left and right speakers. If you really want to do the full surround, nothing's stopping you, though - get at least a 5.1 surround receiver, in that case.

I would expect that the five sets of wires coming out of the wall are for surround, and the others are for the bath and another zone (kitchen? den?). You'll have to test them out. There's obviously four conductors coming out of each jacketed bundle. You can run a pair of speakers with each of these runs (+ and - for L & R), though the positive leads and the negative leads are sometimes doubled up so that each run is for a single speaker. The usual wiring is for a pair of speakers is: Red (+) and Black (-) for the Right channel and White (+) and Green (-) for the Left channel. If they're using each run for a single speaker, it's just the Red/White twisted together is your + and the Black/Green twisted together is your -. If there are no labels, you can test them out pretty easily with a battery - just hold one conductor to one battery terminal and tap the other wire to the other terminal - you'll hear a pop coming from the speaker and then you can label each appropriately.

Yeah that's officially more than I care about now, at least while the soundbar works. Thanks for the info though!

Bah Humbug 06-12-20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21529101)
I have started cutting my lawns with an 18V string trimmer.

That's going to be my approach here. Might take under half an hour for the very little grass I have.

Bah Humbug 06-12-20 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21529161)
I was speaking to my inability to get the global elite card. My bank is in the US, but my address and phone number are here. It's only global if you live in the USA. There are dozens of examples. They need a street address and our system doesn't fit. They need a phone number and no place to out a country code. Glaring hypocrisy.

Well that's dumb - everything I've worked on at my bank works just fine international. :foo:

Trsnrtr 06-12-20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 21529115)
Depends on your privacy settings. possibly. don't worry: I won't point and laugh if you fail.

I wonít laugh, either. :innocent:

Trsnrtr 06-12-20 05:30 AM

Correct.

Walked the mean streets of Cazenovistan with Mrs. rjones28, after dinner. There was an ice cream stop.

I might ride through the great city of Cazenovia, IL this weekend. Iíll try not to blink.

WhyFi 06-12-20 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21529481)
Yeah that's officially more than I care about now, at least while the soundbar works. Thanks for the info though!

Lol. I hear you. Honestly, it'd be fun to get some multi-zone amps to use them for background music, but that's really about as far as I'd go. Use the sound bar or upgrade it to a pair of decent speakers and an integrated amp sometime.

Trsnrtr 06-12-20 05:34 AM

When Mrs. T and I moved a couple years ago, our goal was one story, city sewer and water, and a yard that I could cut with a battery operated lawn mower.

i now have a mowing area of about 3,800’ and do it in 20 minutes. Trimming, edging, and blowing takes another 20 minutes. I’m good with that. :thumb:

LAJ 06-12-20 06:06 AM

As a long time race fan, I've been to numerous races and the Cousin Eddie RV and the full blown Klan rally you all imagine, is fiction.

abshipp 06-12-20 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21528926)
Slow night. Everyone must be out walking.

Correct.

I had no ice cream. May need to change up the route next time.

The mosquitoes are out in force though, so at least something got a treat last night :notamused:

WhyFi 06-12-20 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21529564)
As a long time race fan, I've been to numerous races and the Cousin Eddie RV and the full blown Klan rally you all imagine, is fiction.

I don't imagine anything quite like that, but I do imagine an environment where a flying the battle flag is much more likely to receive open praise rather than open condemnation.

WhyFi 06-12-20 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21529573)
The mosquitoes are out in force though, so at least something got a treat last night :notamused:

Uh oh - my wife will not be happy to hear this. She likes to sit outside and sip on a drink after the kids go to bed, and she really likes for me to join her. Unfortunately, mosquitoes *love* me and I have fairly bad reactions to their bites, so I'm usually out of there at the first sight/sound of 'em. We've been capitalizing on the pre-mosquito season as much as possible but she's going to be bummed when it comes to a close.

seedsbelize 06-12-20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by rpenmanparker (Post 21529445)
There will be a backlash, welcome to civil society, NASCAR.

I was just talking to my wife about this this morning. We are working our way through the "Eyes on the Prize" series. I imagine there will be similar scenes. Will the little boy strongman still be in place for the NASCAR season?

seedsbelize 06-12-20 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21529573)
Correct.

I had no ice cream. May need to change up the route next time.

Clouds of them here, after all the rain last week. Clouds. Thankfully we are all screened in.

seedsbelize 06-12-20 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21529603)
Uh oh - my wife will not be happy to hear this. She likes to sit outside and sip on a drink after the kids go to bed, and she really likes for me to join her. Unfortunately, mosquitoes *love* me and I have fairly bad reactions to their bites, so I'm usually out of there at the first sight/sound of 'em. We've been capitalizing on the pre-mosquito season as much as possible but she's going to be bummed when it comes to a close.

Long pants, long sleeves, and socks

seedsbelize 06-12-20 07:08 AM

Good Morning datlas

datlas 06-12-20 07:12 AM

In other news, I really think I need to gain some weight. Mrs datlas is on my case, and the scale said 136.5 this morning. My goal weight is 140 during the season and 145 in the off season.

I think I need to double down on my sourdough output and input.

WhyFi 06-12-20 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21529634)
Long pants, long sleeves, and socks

Oh, they still get me. They find the spots where the fabric is on my skin and probe right through. Little ****ers.

abshipp 06-12-20 07:31 AM

Uh oh - my wife will not be happy to hear this.

They were the first ones I've seen this year and I got absolutely swarmed. Thankfully I do not react much at all to them, a bad bite for me will welt up for a few hours and then go away. My poor wife is very sensitive to them, though. Thankfully(?) they seemed to only be attracted to me last night.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21529631)
Clouds of them here, after all the rain last week. Clouds. Thankfully we are all screened in.

Ugh.

indyfabz 06-12-20 07:38 AM

The reaction is caused by the ďspitĒ she injects into you to keep your blood from clotting while she bleeds you dry. Only females bite, and itís not for food. The proteins in your blood are used in egg production.