Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

BillyD 06-12-20 01:34 PM

So by now I have calmed down sufficiently to discuss.

I was scheduled for my long-awaited hernia surgery today . . . until I got a call late yesterday afternoon canceling my procedure. :notamused: This after having waited 3 months since my previous surgery date was also canceled at the last minute in March due to some nationwide pandemic or something. :notamused:

Incompetence of course. Somebody dropped the ball in a kluster**** of miscommunication. When can I get a new date? . . . I'm still waiting to hear. Looks like I won't get any word until Monday. :crash: :crash: :crash:

Velo Vol 06-12-20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21530375)
I was scheduled for my long-awaited hernia surgery today . . . until I got a call late yesterday afternoon canceling my procedure. :notamused:

Oy. I have a hernia which mostly doesn't bother me, but a couple weeks ago it was to the point where I almost called the doctor.

Fortunately it went away again. Hopefully there won't be such wait times when I do need it.

MoAlpha 06-12-20 02:03 PM

I was scheduled for my long-awaited hernia surgery today . . . until I got a call late yesterday afternoon canceling my procedure. :notamused: This after having waited 3 months since my previous surgery date was also canceled at the last minute in March due to some nationwide pandemic or something. :notamused:

Incompetence of course. Somebody dropped the ball in a kluster**** of miscommunication. When can I get a new date? . . . I'm still waiting to hear. Looks like I won't get any word until Monday. :crash: :crash: :crash:

Damn!

datlas 06-12-20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21530356)
Delaware?

I am a Levite. At least that's what my father told me and these things go by the father.

Velo Vol 06-12-20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21530460)
I am a Levite. At least that's what my father told me and these things go by the father.

Do you have any fat family relatives/ancestors?

datlas 06-12-20 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21530480)
Do you have any fat family relatives/ancestors?

Curiously, my dad has been fat since he was young. But he was a depression baby (born in 1934) and his older brother died young so I think his parents pushed him to eat too much. Sad.

Bah Humbug 06-12-20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21530053)
Hey now - shush.

Oh, sorry. Uh, you need at least a dozen high-end chef's knives or you can't cook a decent dinner and your family will starve.

Bah Humbug 06-12-20 02:44 PM

That sux. Hope you're not in too much pain in the meantime...

datlas 06-12-20 03:06 PM

Phooey. I hope you get a new date soon that works for everyone.

Velo Vol 06-12-20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21530498)
Curiously, my dad has been fat since he was young. But he was a depression baby (born in 1934) and his older brother died young so I think his parents pushed him to eat too much. Sad.

You should eat what he ate.

LAJ 06-12-20 03:20 PM

That bites, Bill. I hope this gets resolved soon.

LesterOfPuppets 06-12-20 03:35 PM

Uggggh. Moms in a similar predicament. Looks like they're thinking August for her procedure. I told her she shoulda booked in the 3-week window that's just shut.

LesterOfPuppets 06-12-20 03:38 PM

Today's the 50th anniversary of Dock Ellis' no hitter.

Possibly NSFW...

datlas 06-12-20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21530593)
You should eat what he ate.

He loves bacon and sausage and lobster and all those things that are not kosher and not veg. Apparently the doctors in the 1930ís told my grandparents to feed him that and this mandate overruled their religion.

Me? Veg for the duration.

indyfabz 06-12-20 03:46 PM

Speaking of yummy food....Bunny marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and fresh rosemary.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...598f072ba.jpeg

WhyFi 06-12-20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21530541)
Oh, sorry. Uh, you need at least a dozen high-end chef's knives or you can't cook a decent dinner and your family will starve.

I could probably squeeze by with a half dozen. It would be tough, but I think that I can do it.

Velo Vol 06-12-20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21527937)
Yup. Like how I want to buy a new chef's knife, but the purchase price would go a long way towards a wheelset upgrade, which I also really want to do. Complicating matters is the fact that the knives are available now while the wheelsets will be available in a few months, at which time the knives may not be available. "May you live in interesting times," indeed. :(

wut is happening to the knives?

berner 06-12-20 04:51 PM

Lets hop the cluster unmentionable only extends to scheduling.

WhyFi 06-12-20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21530751)
wut is happening to the knives?

They're handmade and in relatively small numbers. They sell out and might not be available for a while in desired size, shape, steel type, etc.

bampilot06 06-12-20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21530795)
They're handmade and in relatively small numbers. They sell out and might not be available for a while in desired size, shape, steel type, etc.

Ikea has a bunch of knives.

indyfabz 06-12-20 06:12 PM

Horseshoe crab mating ride tomorrow. Shortened version. Should see some ospreys and maybe a bald eagle.

MoAlpha 06-12-20 06:32 PM

Just grilled shrimp wrapped in basil leaves and prosciutto for long-suffering spouse's birthday. This weekend she wants to sail the **** out of her fast, beautiful boat and and spend the night anchored under the stars. Who am I to deny the poor creature?

Velo Vol 06-12-20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21530845)
Ikea has a bunch of knives.

IKR, What's great about a handmade knife? It's a piece of metal.

Velo Vol 06-12-20 07:09 PM

I have a question about Strava flybys.

rjones28 06-12-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21529392)
Strava?

Walks don't count, so why bother.