Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 01-11-22 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369796)
Again...not "unidentified". I'm just poking at the poorly written article.

You know, they could have just looked at her and said something like, "Yep, that's a good ole 40 year old California girl" and left it at that.

Mojo31 01-11-22 11:51 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22369781)
Sounds legit. If I ever go missing off a cliff can you represent me?

No, but I'll represent your wife since you'll be dead and she'll have all the money.

Velo Vol 01-11-22 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22369773)
not to benson.

smh.

Eric F 01-11-22 11:57 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369823)
You know, they could have just looked at her and said something like, "Yep, that's a good ole 40 year old California girl" and left it at that.

You might be on to something here.

BillyD 01-11-22 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22369754)
Two degrees here. Sun status irrelevant.

:lol: Such a liar. You "accidentally forgot" to reveal it's the Celsius scale.

https://i.imgur.com/iQbEY6I.gif

Velo Vol 01-11-22 12:16 PM

We have an international readership.

Eric F 01-11-22 12:18 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22369857)
:lol: Such a liar. You "accidentally forgot" to reveal it's the Celsius scale.

https://i.imgur.com/iQbEY6I.gif

Hmmm...maybe not technically a liar, but very possibly an intent to be deceptive.

rjones28 01-11-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22369773)
Not to Benson.

Still sunny. 3rd walk of the day. 3F.

rjones28 01-11-22 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22369870)
We have an international readership.

It was -20 in Kingston, ON this morning.

Mojo31 01-11-22 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369872)
Hmmm...maybe not technically a liar, but very possibly an intent to be deceptive.

We call that a lyin, cheatin scoundrel.

indyfabz 01-11-22 12:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22369870)
We have an international readership.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...18feb4b32.jpeg

indyfabz 01-11-22 12:45 PM

Nothing quite like a tooth extraction to start the morning.

ls01 01-11-22 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22369780)
Or looked up the registration from her license plate - the CAR didn't go over the cliff, right?

what if she borrowed it?

gnome 01-11-22 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369595)
You should. And, you can even tell her that I said that's just the way it should be and the way it's going to be.

you mean you're not getting any so phrantic09 shouldn't either. How comfy is the doghouse?

Mojo31 01-11-22 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22369940)
you mean you're not getting any so phrantic09 shouldn't either. How comfy is the doghouse?

You're reading between the lines again, aren't you.

Working on a deal though with Bam's wife, so when he goes over a cliff and she has all the money, we can thank him for the opportunities his unfortunate demise might open.

genejockey 01-11-22 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22369929)
what if she borrowed it?

Yeah, but if you go down that road, you can't trust the driver's license either, because what if she stole the purse.

MoAlpha 01-11-22 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369955)
You're reading between the lines again, aren't you.

Working on a deal though with Bam's wife, so when he goes over a cliff and she has all the money, we can thank him for the opportunities his unfortunate demise might open.

When he goes, he'll take at least one bike with him.

Eric F 01-11-22 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22369976)
Yeah, but if you go down that road, you can't trust the driver's license either, because what if she stole the purse.

Somehow , this reminds me of scenes from "Cops" (or similar) where someone gets busted with drugs in their pocket, and they say, "I didn't know that was there. These aren't my pants."

Mojo31 01-11-22 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22369980)
When he goes, he'll take at least one bike with him.

So true.

genejockey 01-11-22 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369983)
Somehow , this reminds me of scenes from "Cops" (or similar) where someone gets busted with drugs in their pocket, and they say, "I didn't know that was there. These aren't my pants."

I imagine that even drugs found in cavity searches are disowned by the people in whose cavities they were found, though "I didn't know that was there" is a lot harder to believe in that case.

seedsbelize2 01-11-22 01:36 PM

Well it's on. Word came through this morning. We're doing a ten day guided trip through Tabasco and (mostly) Chiapas. We leave here Saturday afternoon, and get on the bus to Villahermosa Sunday morning. It was hanging by a chad due to the Omicroin explosion. Proof of vaccination required. Vamos a ver. The same trip was canceled last year, so we've had our reservations for about 18 months. Chiapas really should be part of Guatemala, culturally speaking. And Guatemala is my hands down favorite of the few countries in the world I've visited. During the late 80s and early 90s it was the other woman. Needless to say, I'm excited. It's been in the neighborhood of thirty years since i was last there. Do you think it's changed much?

BillyD 01-11-22 02:03 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369760)
Blue skies with an expected high of 74 today. So Cal winters are rough.

To each his own. That invariability would bore the **** out of me.

bampilot06 01-11-22 02:22 PM

eh, I am starting to feel sick. Might be the mcdonald’s I ate for lunch. I hate that place by the way, or it might be the VID. I have a stinking feeling it’s the VID.

genejockey 01-11-22 02:36 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370104)
eh, I am starting to feel sick. Might be the mcdonald’s I ate for lunch. I hate that place by the way, or it might be the VID. I have a stinking feeling it’s the VID.

Every day when I wake up, the usual aches and pains one has the day after or two days after a long or reasonably intense ride have me thinking, "Is this 'IT'?" Waiting for the shoe to drop is slowly driving me nuts.

genejockey 01-11-22 02:48 PM

Well, that was fast. I haven't even ridden the Litespeed with the Sachs/Campy/Shimano kit and I'm already ordering the bits to rebuild it with 7410 Dura Ace. I put in an offer on a crankset and BB, with worn rings, and on a set of lightly used 53/39 chainrings, and both were instantly accepted. Now I just need FD (put 8in an offer already) and cables. I already have a spare box of Cinelli tape. I'll have to have my LBS swap the BBs, but otherwise, I'll be ready to good to go. I have the STIs and and RD I took off the Ritchey when I upgraded those to 7800, and I picked up a set of 7400 dual pivot calipers when I bought Deadman.

I feel better about this. Honestly, the Frankengruppo bothered me enough that I was plowing through Ebay and Craigs List looking for 6800/8000 Ultegra bits, and that build was going to cost about $600-700 on top of what I'd already spent. This will end up less than half the low end of that. And it's the bike I wanted back in 1995, anyway!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.