Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

WhyFi 04-16-20 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21421332)
Aha. With the original rings? It's some sort of BBright-Shimano conversion, probably Wheels mfgr, from the look of the visible parts.

This would be a direct replacement - no need to change your BB and you could re-use your Shimano 4-bolt chainrings.

datlas 04-16-20 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21421360)
Do you mean just you leaving? You've got both "we" and "I."

Both, but there is a whole "unwind" process spelled out if the group as a whole is not happy.

I am more concerned with myself at this time. My partners seem to be askeered of the coronavirus and probably will sign anything that gives them a short term cash infusion. Sad!

LAJ 04-16-20 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21421412)
This would be a direct replacement - no need to change your BB and you could re-use your Shimano 4-bolt chainrings.

Nice.

I have been searching retailers left and right, and it seems Stages has taken over the marketplace. I might have to change my opinion of them, but after watching Heathpack's fight with them, I swore I would never go near that company. There are people that also feel the same about Quarq, but (knocking on wood) mine have been solid.

big john 04-16-20 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21421020)
My Lyezyne Spoort Dive HP is a great pocket pump

Can you get 100 psi with that?

WhyFi 04-16-20 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21421432)

Yup. Lezyne uses HV and HP designations. HV (high volume) uses fewer strokes and will go up to 90psi, typically. HP (high pressure) will take more strokes but get up to 120 or so (but most say, "awwww **** it - good enough" at 80-90 psi).

big john 04-16-20 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21421446)
Yup. Lezyne uses HV and HP designations. HV (high volume) uses fewer strokes and will go up to 90psi, typically. HP (high pressure) will take more strokes but get up to 120 or so (but most say, "awwww **** it - good enough" at 80-90 psi).

Nice. I have a mini pump with a water bottle bracket but I don't switch ti to the other bike if I ride that one. That Lezyne would probably fit in a large seat bag. I like having the pump to back up the co2.

big john 04-16-20 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21421419)
Both, but there is a whole "unwind" process spelled out if the group as a whole is not happy.

I am more concerned with myself at this time. My partners seem to be askeered of the coronavirus and probably will sign anything that gives them a short term cash infusion. Sad!

Can you put the money in an escrow or some type of tax deferred account until you are sure what's happening?

Velo Vol 04-16-20 09:54 AM

No, distressed selling is not ideal.

This is an all cash sale? No stock or other asset?

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21421419)

LAJ 04-16-20 09:57 AM

Distressed sale, you have to work for them come hell or high water, and if they force you out, you give back money. Not a good scenario.

Trsnrtr 04-16-20 10:01 AM

Thursday morning throwback. I’m watching the 1990 Amstel Gold race as homework for this weeks Velocast.cc discussion. No spoilers!

datlas 04-16-20 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21421474)
Can you put the money in an escrow or some type of tax deferred account until you are sure what's happening?

I believe the corporation must pay it out this year or risk paying really high corporate taxes.

I believe that some of this will be distributed as dividends to will be taxed as capital gains, but the rest will come as a W-2 income.

I will have to check with an accountant on the best strategies.

datlas 04-16-20 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21421500)
Distressed sale, you have to work for them come hell or high water, and if they force you out, you give back money. Not a good scenario.

That's my concern. I actually think it will probably be more-or-less the same, but I like to know worst-case scenario just in case.

LAJ 04-16-20 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21421520)
That's my concern. I actually think it will probably be more-or-less the same, but I like to know worst-case scenario just in case.

I agree. They may be the best company in the world, and it could be smooth sailing. Heathpack had her misgivings when her joint was sold, and things seem fairly OK. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Pirkaus 04-16-20 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21421432)

Yes you can get to 100psi, but you have to work for it. Thumb push hard, is good enough, for on road flat repairs. I bought it, primarily because it fit easily in a jersey pocket.

rjones28 04-16-20 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21421395)
+100

The country would be a better place if those types of people just eradicated themselves.

Meanie

MoAlpha 04-16-20 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21421412)

That'd be pretty cool. I could get a set of used rings and put the crank set on the Lynskey.

datlas 04-16-20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21421490)
No, distressed selling is not ideal.

This is an all cash sale? No stock or other asset?

It's a bit of a shell game IMO, but we do maintain 49% interest in the new combined entity, but the partner gets 51%.

I believe that some of the cash will be paid out as a dividend to us, but the rest will be income and taxed accordingly. I will have to ask some more questions to get an understanding of how it could play out.

WhyFi 04-16-20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21421628)
That'd be pretty cool. I could get a set of used rings and put the crank set on the Lynskey.

If you're going to go that route and get new rings anyway, see if you can find pics of that crank with the Shimano rings - I wasn't terribly fond of the look, which is why I went 5-bolt.

MoAlpha 04-16-20 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21421664)
If you're going to go that route and get new rings anyway, see if you can find pics of that crank with the Shimano rings - I wasn't terribly fond of the look, which is why I went 5-bolt.

Good thought. The entire project is just fantasy at this stage, so it might as well look as hot as possible.

seedsbelize 04-16-20 11:35 AM

Those micro pumps are tough to use. I think mine is a blackburn. Local purchase.

big john 04-16-20 11:49 AM

I really need a haircut. I'm going to try and get Mrs John to do it. How bad could it be?

WhyFi 04-16-20 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21421692)
Those micro pumps are tough to use. I think mine is a blackburn. Local purchase.

Yeah. The mini pumps with hoses are much better, but they're still not much fun. If I'm being honest, using those ****ers on the side of the road is one of the big reasons that I went tubeless.

datlas 04-16-20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21421710)
I really need a haircut. I'm going to try and get Mrs John to do it. How bad could it be?

You can always wear a hat if it does not work out.

WhyFi 04-16-20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21421671)
Good thought. The entire project is just fantasy at this stage, so it might as well look as hot as possible.

5-bolt with Praxis Buzz rings looks great. I've been buying Shimano 5750 (I think) rings though - good rings, classic look and available for something like $35 big/$15 small.

LAJ 04-16-20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21421671)

Consider yourself assimilated. This is very good to see.