Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 02-08-22 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403768)
Chart of the day.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a4ee0af222.png
Does not include e-bikes.

19.24 Million bikes valued at $1.96 Billion? That's only $100 a piece.

rjones28 02-08-22 07:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22403702)

Not enough snow.

From the rjones28 archives...
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...194f5624c7.png

rjones28 02-08-22 07:16 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22403771)
19.24 Million bikes valued at $1.96 Billion? That's only $100 a piece.

Includes Walmart bikes.

Mojo31 02-08-22 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22403771)
19.24 Million bikes valued at $1.96 Billion? That's only $100 a piece.

Tells you the new bike biz may not be that big.

Mojo31 02-08-22 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403790)
Not enough snow.

From the rjones28 archives...
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...194f5624c7.png

We had a 12” snowfall in 2010.

LesterOfPuppets 02-08-22 07:54 PM

Non-Porsche non-ass of the day:

Buick grills of the '50s


https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...ag&oe=6208466E

big john 02-08-22 08:33 PM

My dad drove a 53 Buick out here from Cleveland in 1956. He later had a 56 Century wagon and a 56 Special.
I never had one but I liked the 57.
https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/...-giles-lpr.jpg

Velo Vol 02-08-22 08:39 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403768)
Does not include e-bikes.

They don't count.

rjones28 02-08-22 08:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22403869)
They don't count.

Customs counts them with electric motorcycles.

Velo Vol 02-08-22 08:55 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403878)
Customs counts them with electric motorcycles.

Correctly.

LesterOfPuppets 02-08-22 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403878)
Customs counts them with electric motorcycles.

Whenever I go ebiking, I rock the fringe like Dennis Hopper


Velo Vol 02-08-22 09:27 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22403888)
Whenever I go ebiking, I rock the fringe like Dennis Hopper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8

I have a different Easy Rider scene in mind regarding ebikes, but it's violent and I already committed one boo boo today.

#FamilyForum

DougRNS 02-08-22 09:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22403905)
I have a different Easy Rider scene in mind regarding ebikes, but it's violent and I already committed one boo boo today.

#FamilyForum

Why can't you behave like your ol' pal Doug?
#TowTheLine

Velo Vol 02-08-22 09:53 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22403916)
Why can't you behave like your ol' pal Doug?
#TowTheLine

Live a little.

genejockey 02-08-22 09:58 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22403794)
Includes Walmart bikes.

Each Specialized Aethos is 130 'average' bikes.

phrantic09 02-09-22 04:07 AM

Wordle 235 3/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

here we go again

phrantic09 02-09-22 04:09 AM

Got to ride outside yesterday, will hopefully get out this AM too- haven’t look to see if we got snow yet.

Velo Vol 02-09-22 05:52 AM

Good morning f4rrest

Velo Vol 02-09-22 05:55 AM

Heck yeah!

Vinyl fans can pound sand.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8ed30d9e04.png

datlas 02-09-22 06:39 AM

It’s 24F but sunny and dry. Time to ride!

datlas 02-09-22 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22404054)




Which is better? TDK or Maxell??

MoAlpha 02-09-22 07:14 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22403916)
Why can't you behave like your ol' pal Doug?
#TowTheLine

Toe.

Mojo31 02-09-22 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22404054)

"Audio cassette tapes are selling well — even though they don't sound very good"

Vinyl sounds good.

DougRNS 02-09-22 07:33 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22404096)
Toe.

Of course. Who could forget this classic.

MoAlpha 02-09-22 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22404104)
Of course. Who could forget this classic.
https://youtu.be/zU3bRGmdEz8

For those who don't know, the expression refers to the mustering of ship's crews for inspection and professional education activities, such as floggings. Failure to line up with one's toes at the designated seam in the deck planking was an infraction.

bampilot06 02-09-22 07:44 AM

All of my bands music from high school was recorded on to tapes. I still have those, but no way to listen.

Trsnrtr 02-09-22 07:44 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22404104)
Of course. Who could forget this classic.
https://youtu.be/zU3bRGmdEz8

Oh, crap. Now you've sent me down a Rocky Burnette rabbit hole. :)

#HighEnergyRockaBilly

Velo Vol 02-09-22 07:57 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22404112)
All of my bands music from high school was recorded on to tapes. I still have those, but no way to listen.

You don't have a cassette player? wut

rjones28 02-09-22 07:58 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22404054)

Cassette tapes were for road trips, BITD. Surprised you know about them.

rjones28 02-09-22 07:59 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22404129)
Cassette tapes were for road trips, BITD. Surprised you know about them.

Until our cars had CD players, then CDs were for road trips.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.