Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

LAJ 04-08-22 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22465548)
Wordle 293 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I have a history of getting 4 letters of a word with multiple possibilities.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b4d02ac40f.png

Indeed.
Wordle 293 5/6

⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 04-08-22 09:20 AM

Waking up is cool. That means I made it to the next adventure.

phrantic09 04-08-22 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22465572)
I have no idea, since the first hour for me is usually my worst of the day.

For me it’s usually an attempt to induce.

datlas 04-08-22 09:37 AM

Daughter #1 got wordle in 2 tries today. It took me 3.

Velo Vol 04-08-22 09:57 AM

This is a thing?

Velo Vol 04-08-22 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22465581)
Waking up is cool. That means I made it to the next adventure.

What adventure is today?

phrantic09 04-08-22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22465625)

It’s British **** on a shingle

LAJ 04-08-22 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22465628)
What adventure is today?

Mow and Edge.
Determine why the grill isn't lighting the full length of the burners. It may be just low on propane, but confidence is low.
Fire up the sprinklers. (maybe)
Scrub the kitchen floor. (dogs and snow)
1 hour AR
Get the bike ready for the crit tomorrow
get some cash so I can buy some donuts for the Vet office on the way to the crit tomorrow.
Wash all the kit I wore throughout the week.
Continue the process of ordering bottles for the club. We went with Trek bottles, as the Spec bottles leak. We should sue them for impersonating bottles that seal.
Likely more stuff, including walking the dogs and watching Top Chef and the Xfinity race....
Culminating with: Preparing for tomorrow's adventures.

WhyFi 04-08-22 10:57 AM

Finally done painting... well, until I finish the doors.

This cabinet paint seems pretty nice, but the 16 hour curing time between coats sure draws out the process more than I'd like. Oh well, tomorrow we'll get to take the piles of cupboard contents currently cluttering the dining room and we'll be able to resume life as normal.

....until we rip out the lower cabinets and go through this all again. :D

Bah Humbug 04-08-22 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22465432)
Serious question. What is the secret to feeling as good for the whole day as I do for the first hour?

More coffee?

Edit: The good doctor beat me to it...

Bah Humbug 04-08-22 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22465548)
Wordle 293 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I have a history of getting 4 letters of a word with multiple possibilities.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b4d02ac40f.png

The solution is to try CLIMB or similar to check a whole lot of the possible letters at once. You don't have to play the letters you know are there.

Velo Vol 04-08-22 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22465646)
Mow and Edge.
Determine why the grill isn't lighting the full length of the burners. It may be just low on propane, but confidence is low.
Fire up the sprinklers. (maybe)
Scrub the kitchen floor. (dogs and snow)
1 hour AR
Get the bike ready for the crit tomorrow
get some cash so I can buy some donuts for the Vet office on the way to the crit tomorrow.
Wash all the kit I wore throughout the week.
Continue the process of ordering bottles for the club. We went with Trek bottles, as the Spec bottles leak. We should sue them for impersonating bottles that seal.
Likely more stuff, including walking the dogs and watching Top Chef and the Xfinity race....
Culminating with: Preparing for tomorrow's adventures.

Never really thought of mowing as an adventure--unless something goes wrong.

Frankly, I'd pass on most of the other stuff, but that's me.

big john 04-08-22 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22465691)
The solution is to try CLIMB or similar to check a whole lot of the possible letters at once. You don't have to play the letters you know are there.

Impulse control is lacking.

Koyote 04-08-22 12:56 PM

All today before Noon: wife signed contract for a big new job in another state (think Ground Zero for gravel racing), I quit my PT/semi-retirement job for good, and we put a new house under contract. After the move, my FT job will be volunteer work, walking dogs, riding gravel, and drinking beer.

I married well.

WhyFi 04-08-22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22465827)
All today before Noon: wife signed contract for a big new job in another state (think Ground Zero for gravel racing), I quit my PT/semi-retirement job for good, and we put a new house under contract. After the move, my FT job will be volunteer work, walking dogs, riding gravel, and drinking beer.

I married well.

:beer:

Velo Vol 04-08-22 01:12 PM

walking dogs, riding gravel, and drinking beer

No, no, and no.

But congrats, I guess.

Bah Humbug 04-08-22 01:21 PM

I married well.

Are you my doppelgänger?

WhyFi 04-08-22 01:27 PM

I married well.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22465862)
Are you my doppelgänger?

Pffft - compared to me, both of you are pups to the kept man gig. :p

LAJ 04-08-22 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22465724)
Never really thought of mowing as an adventure--unless something goes wrong.

Frankly, I'd pass on most of the other stuff, but that's me.

I have a pair of shoes in the garage that I only use for mowing. What if I didn't shake them out and my foot suddenly shared that shoe with a mouse? Or a spider? Or... something.....

What if whilst tightening the new blade on the mower, I didn't secure the blade properly?

I could go on, but just mowing the lawn, and the preparation thereof, can be quite the adventure.

Koyote 04-08-22 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22465866)

I dunno, man. I started down this road five years ago, and my wife still thanks me for giving up my career so that she could pursue hers -- sometimes she says it while heading into work at 7:30am while I'm still in bed with a couple dogs.

When we get to the new place, I get a new bike - no price limit. And did I mention that she's a lot younger than me, and easy on the eyes? (I think this is all some cosmic compensation for my first marriage.)

Velo Vol 04-08-22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22465869)
I have a pair of shoes in the garage that I only use for mowing. What if I didn't shake them out and my foot suddenly shared that shoe with a mouse? Or a spider? Or... something.....

What if whilst tightening the new blade on the mower, I didn't secure the blade properly?

I could go on, but just mowing the lawn, and the preparation thereof, can be quite the adventure.

For me most of the "adventures" are something that goes wrong--machine won't start, get hit by something, yellow jackets, slip on the hill, street weirdo interrupts, etc.

Boring is good.

WhyFi 04-08-22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22465874)
I dunno, man. I started down this road five years ago, and my wife still thanks me for giving up my career so that she could pursue hers -- sometimes she says it while heading into work at 7:30am while I'm still in bed with a couple dogs.

When we get to the new place, I get a new bike - no price limit. And did I mention that she's a lot younger than me, and easy on the eyes? (I think this is all some cosmic compensation for my first marriage.)

Pups. ;)

It's been 10 years since I've had a real job, though there have been countless times that the kids have make me wish otherwise. :o

Bah Humbug 04-08-22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22465866)

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22465891)
Pups. ;)

It's been 10 years since I've had a real job, though there have been countless times that the kids have make me wish otherwise. :o

Now see the flip is: no kids here, so I'd just be taking care of the house and her bikes. And by "taking care of the house" I mean "mostly calling people to do the work".

phrantic09 04-08-22 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22465683)
Finally done painting... well, until I finish the doors.

This cabinet paint seems pretty nice, but the 16 hour curing time between coats sure draws out the process more than I'd like. Oh well, tomorrow we'll get to take the piles of cupboard contents currently cluttering the dining room and we'll be able to resume life as normal.

....until we rip out the lower cabinets and go through this all again. :D

what are you using for paint?

phrantic09 04-08-22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22465891)
Pups. ;)

I work because I have to piss away 2k every month on child support for kids that live with me half time…