Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Final log off for Glennfordx4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1291864)

Glennfordx4 04-12-24 11:47 AM

Final log off for Glennfordx4

Hello everyone,

My husband, Glenn, spent a lot of time here over the years and said countless times both how much help he received in his many projects, how he enjoyed sharing his experiences to help everyone he could and had countless great discussions on a variety of things here. If you are familiar with his posts, you know he has had many interests over the years, and spent the years since becoming disabled restoring bikes.

In reading some of the posts, I have learned about quite a few of his projects, and tools, that I did not have much detailed knowledge on. Some of them, I remember him talking about with me, although not being mechanically inclined I found some hard to follow. What stuck with me is what a great community he found here and how much he loved it.

Glenn passed away last month, although his health had been steadily declining it was a bit of a shock, and I am heartbroken. We had 37 wonderful years together and his loss is beyond hard. Reading some of the posts brought a smile to my face, especially reading the ones about the Diamondback, including pics, he built me for Christmas which has had quite a the mileage now, and is even more treasured.

I will be closing down his account here but I wanted to let you know just how much he appreciated and enjoyed being here involved in those many discussions.

Best wishes to you all.

Sheri

jethin 04-12-24 12:03 PM

Sorry for your loss Sheri. I can’t remember exactly what it was, but Glenn helped me out with a part I needed for a project of my own some time back. It was a generous thing to do, and I haven’t forgotten it. Our little community also suffers a loss when we lose members like Glenn. He’ll be missed.

Kabuki12 04-12-24 12:12 PM

So sorry for your loss.Thank you for letting our community know, I am sure he will be missed.

OTS 04-12-24 02:26 PM

Please accept my sympathies,
Prayers for you and all those that will miss him.
Appreciate you letting all of us know.
I am sorry for your loss. He was part of "our family here" and will be missed.

philbob57 04-12-24 02:31 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.

merziac 04-12-24 03:07 PM

@Glennfordx4, Sheri,

So sorry for your loss, thank you for your kind words telling us about this.

I am also Ford guy so Glenn's posts always got my attention when they came up, figured we were kindred spirits.

RIP Glenn.

nlerner 04-12-24 03:40 PM

So sorry for your loss.

Bianchigirll 04-12-24 04:15 PM

Very saddend to hear of your loss. Glenn seemed like a great guy and will surely be missed.

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.P...=Api&P=0&h=220

DiabloScott 04-12-24 04:23 PM

Glenn was the receiver of my "box-O-crap" one year on the mystery gift exchange - he said it was good stuff.

jdawginsc 04-12-24 04:27 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and am glad he was able to leave a legacy of good memories for you to share.

ascherer 04-12-24 05:26 PM

May his memory be a blessing, Sheri. Wishing peace to you and all who love Glen.

bikemig 04-12-24 06:34 PM

Glennfordx4 and his posts will be sorely missed on BF. He had a lot of virtual friends here.

John E 04-12-24 06:59 PM

This is what a treasure about this and other shared-interest communities in which I am involved. We cover a broad range of ages, economic and social backgrounds, and political positions, and none of that seems to get in the way of our supporting and helping one another. RIP, Glenn, and thank you for the update, Sheri. Know that Glenn reached the hearts and minds of many of us here.

joesch 04-12-24 07:02 PM

@Glennfordx4, Sheri,

Im very sorry for your loss and I know the BF family is as well.
That is awesome that you contacted us to let us know and discuss.
If you need help or advice for moving on the bikes and parts that Glenn left behind, please ask.
If I check out before my wife, I would want her to consult BF also.
This is a great example for many of us and thanks again for reaching out to BF in this time of sorrow.

3alarmer 04-12-24 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Glennfordx4 (Post 23212821)
Hello everyone,

I will be closing down his account here but I wanted to let you know just how much he appreciated and enjoyed being here involved in those many discussions.

Best wishes to you all.

Sheri

...this was a very thoughtful thing for you to do. Thank you.

AdventureManCO 04-12-24 07:49 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss:( Words fail me, except to say that I'm grateful that this community provided joy to him and I will promise to do what I can to be what he appreciated about this place.

Biker Pete 04-12-24 08:01 PM

Ride In Peace, Glenn.

USAZorro 04-12-24 09:11 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I recall reading some of his postings, and he will be missed here. I can only offer you my condolences. :(

I hope you can find some measure of peace in your good memories of your journey together.

Murray Missile 04-13-24 08:58 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, we had some nice exchanges over the years. We had another thing in common besides bikes, my actual name is Glenn. He will be missed by those who knew him here as well.

nesteel 04-13-24 08:59 AM

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
I know how tough it is.

malcala622 04-13-24 09:34 AM

Sorry for your loss. My next ride will be for Glenn.

The Golden Boy 04-13-24 10:12 AM

Sheri- so sorry for your loss. Like others have said, thank you for letting us know.

SwimmerMike 04-13-24 05:26 PM

Sheri - Again, thanks for letting us know. Condolences to you, your family, and friends. He'll be missed here also.

noglider 04-13-24 06:08 PM

@Glennfordx4, Sheri, I'm sorry to hear the news. Glenn and I had some nice, gentle correspondences. I could tell he was a very decent guy. I'm very grateful you told us about his passing. It's sad news, but it's better than wondering what happened. I wish you peace and strength.

Classtime 04-14-24 07:00 AM

I just had to go back and revisit some of Glenn’s posts. Boy, did he ever have fun with bicycles!

edit: And of course I will keep my eyes open for one of those Schwinns.