Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   "women's very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle-" (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=998297)

EDJSALES 03-15-15 06:51 PM

"women's very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle-"

Hi, I just acquired a "VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-SHOGUN-200-ROAD-TOURING-BIKE-BICYCLE-" in excellent condition very minor dings. I have photo's upon request, as for the bike it's a women road bike. I had many offers for this bike but i'm not sure what it's worth in dollars. Is there anybody or anyone that can give me a cash value appraisel on this bike.

bikemig 03-15-15 06:59 PM

Can't give you a valuation without pictures particularly of the drive side and the condition. Dings are going to negatively effect the price.

howsteepisit 03-15-15 06:59 PM

You will need to insert photos and better descriptions of the bike for estimates of value. also, you can search for sold items on ebay to see the kind of prices that are being paid.

Edit if you are trying to generate sales you need to be a member and post in the correct place in the forums. Generally posting with value inquiries do not include a contact telephone number.

Bianchigirll 03-15-15 06:59 PM

Those can be worth close $1200 or 1300 depending on the condition.

bikemig 03-15-15 07:02 PM

http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...gun-200-a.html

howsteepisit 03-15-15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll (Post 17633374)
Those can be worth close $1200 or 1300 depending on the condition.

Not for a shogun 200. I find more in the 100-200 range. Or maybe I am missing something?

bikemig 03-15-15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by howsteepisit (Post 17633397)
Not for a shogun 200. I find more in the 100-200 range. Or maybe I am missing something?

A sense of humor or a sense of whimsy? :)

Bianchigirll 03-15-15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by howsteepisit (Post 17633397)

I was hoping to get some pics out of the OP but it only works if your first responder and everyone else plays along for a wee bit.

howsteepisit 03-15-15 08:18 PM

Sorry, as I said, I missed something

Clang 03-15-15 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You've practically written the craigslist ad already- I'll just fill in the blanks by using Bianchigirll's conservative valuation.

[h=2]"women's very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle-" $1300 obo (Brockton, MA)[/h]http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=439309

I have a women's "very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle" for sale. The 200 was Shogun's top-of-the-line model in 1971. Sturdy Aluminum frame. Excellent condition, very minor dings around the frame rails, some rust is to be expected on an almost 20 year old bike-bicycle. Low miles. Wheels spin. "Bike-bicycle" only steers "left," just pretend your in NASCAR. Original tires even still have the "little-nubs" on them. These fantastic road-racing-bike-bicycle-bikes are getting older and more collectible by the day. 27" size-very-rare-gravel-grinding-bike-bicycle great for some lucky lady 4'-6'10"
Serious offers only. CASH IS KING... No jokesters or low-ballers.

New Gel seat and Peddles not included in sale.

I do not answer e-mails.

DeRosa Merckx motobecane masi TREK Bianchi Gios Rossin VERY RARE Pinnarello vanilla bike COLNAGO Basso 3Rensho wow 3ttt Serotta Campagnolo FUJI Shimano TOURING BIKE BICYCLE Bridgestone GT raleigh Surly CANNONDALE Specialized sekai Univega Miyata rare Giant Schwinn Huffy Roadmaster MAGNA Peugeot CENTURION MIELE mongoose XBOX360 Rivendell diamondback apollo nishiki vintage BROOKS

bikemig 03-15-15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Clang (Post 17633729)
You've practically written the craigslist ad already- I'll just fill in the blanks by using Bianchigirll's conservative valuation.

"women's very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle-" $1300 obo (Brockton, MA)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=439309

I have a women's "very-rare-vintage-shogun-200-road-touring-bike-bicycle" for sale. The 200 was Shogun's top-of-the-line model in 1971. Sturdy Aluminum frame. Excellent condition, very minor dings around the frame rails, some rust is to be expected on an almost 20 year old bike-bicycle. Low miles. Wheels spin. "Bike-bicycle" only steers "left," just pretend your in NASCAR. Original tires even still have the "little-nubs" on them. These fantastic road-racing-bike-bicycle-bikes are getting older and more collectible by the day. 27" size-very-rare-gravel-grinding-bike-bicycle great for some lucky lady 4'-6'10"
Serious offers only. CASH IS KING... No jokesters or low-ballers.

New Gel seat and Peddles not included in sale.

I do not answer e-mails.

DeRosa Merckx motobecane masi TREK Bianchi Gios Rossin VERY RARE Pinnarello vanilla bike COLNAGO Basso 3Rensho wow 3ttt Serotta Campagnolo FUJI Shimano TOURING BIKE BICYCLE Bridgestone GT raleigh Surly CANNONDALE Specialized sekai Univega Miyata rare Giant Schwinn Huffy Roadmaster MAGNA Peugeot CENTURION MIELE mongoose XBOX360 Rivendell diamondback apollo nishiki vintage BROOKS

Not April 1 yet but this moves us in the right direction.

cb400bill 03-16-15 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Clang (Post 17633729)

Jel seat...

fify

Phil_gretz 03-16-15 06:18 AM

Typical Craigslist ignoramus selling low-end, unserviced undesireable bike as something quite a bit more than it really is. So many things wrong...[shaking head sadly]...

jj1091 03-16-15 02:14 PM

Great one, Clang. I especially loved the "Peddles" thing, see this so much down here in the South, nobody knows how to speel! I don't have the heart to explain this to Phil, below. Would you, please?

howsteepisit 03-16-15 04:44 PM

Any bets on if the OP returns? My guess it was a cheep attempt to advertise.

Phil_gretz 03-17-15 08:37 AM

No, I got it...

Originally Posted by jj1091 (Post 17635653)
Great one, Clang. I especially loved the "Peddles" thing, see this so much down here in the South, nobody knows how to speel! I don't have the heart to explain this to Phil, below. Would you, please?

It was just inopportune timing. I was referring to the OP as the ignoramus, not the author of the tremendous parody of a Craigslist ad. Sorry for the confusion. PG