Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

DougRNS 03-11-22 08:05 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22435374)
Ive got at least one package of white and at least one of black. Ill have to check my inventory.

you said package.

LAJ 03-11-22 08:21 AM

I have found the second word is as important as the first, in most cases.

Wordle 265 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 03-11-22 08:37 AM

It's still snowing ffs! Give up already you old coot!

big john 03-11-22 09:00 AM

Minor miracle considering how it started.
Wordle 265 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 03-11-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22435412)
It's still snowing ffs! Give up already you old coot!

We are getting 4-6 tomorrow and I overslept today (so no ride).

Id go after work, but were going to a Tom Papa tonight (I think hes pretty funny) so unless the snow arrives late, its a trainer weekend

datlas 03-11-22 09:11 AM

A bunch of my friends are taking advantage of today's good weather along with the fact that the weekend will not be ridable, and going for a ride today.

I could not join them. Sad. You know why??


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b4fd5b788.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 03-11-22 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22435098)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...79f7c0842f.jpg
I for one am ecstatic about the news.

I'm ecstatic, Rangers v Ms spring training tickets have been purchased.

Mojo31 03-11-22 09:25 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435436)
Minor miracle considering how it started.
Wordle 265 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You beat me.

DougRNS 03-11-22 09:26 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22435452)
I'm ecstatic, Rangers v Ms spring training tickets have been purchased.

the Mrs. will be in Sun City West visiting her mom until Wednesday and will try to see a "Guardians" game.
I'll be home with Roscoe pining for her return.

DougRNS 03-11-22 09:27 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435451)
A bunch of my friends are taking advantage of today's good weather along with the fact that the weekend will not be ridable, and going for a ride today.

I could not join them. Sad. You know why??


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b4fd5b788.jpg

don't understand the Star Trek reference.
#DumbDoug

datlas 03-11-22 09:30 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22435472)
don't understand the Star Trek reference.
#DumbDoug

Whenever the computer is asked a question, before it gives the actual answer, it says "working."

#geek

MoAlpha 03-11-22 09:31 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22435045)
Thank you for the gracious offer. I have an appointment on Monday with the pain management Doc and want to hear what he has to say. When you say records do you mean my CD with the MRI images on it?

Good about the pain doc. I'd want the CD with the MRIs and any notes from neurologists with a description of your history and exam findings. I'm not that smart, but I'm concerned and curious.

LesterOfPuppets 03-11-22 09:34 AM

Chuck Mangione and Dock Ellis trying out one anothers' tools of their trades. Yankee Stadium 1977.

Dock's bday today, BTW. :bday:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...cw&oe=623071E4

genejockey 03-11-22 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22435287)
Dawn works pretty good on my wite tape. It's 3 years old on one bike, still looks like new.

The white tape on my Battaglin generally stays pretty white, but it's Fizik Microtex Classic, so it's got more of a leathery finish so it cleans up well. AND I have a pair of white gloves, just for riding it.

big john 03-11-22 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435479)
Whenever the computer is asked a question, before it gives the actual answer, it says "working."

#geek


datlas 03-11-22 10:07 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22435482)
Chuck Mangione and Dock Ellis trying out one anothers' tools of their trades. Yankee Stadium 1977.

Dock's bday today, BTW. :bday:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...cw&oe=623071E4

Feels so Good?

datlas 03-11-22 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22435482)
Chuck Mangione and Dock Ellis trying out one anothers' tools of their trades. Yankee Stadium 1977.

Dock's bday today, BTW. :bday:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...cw&oe=623071E4

Seeing this Dock made me think about another Doc(k), Doc Medich. He was a pitcher and a physician. Wikipedia said his medical career did not go so well. He got busted writing narcotic scripts for himself and others. Sad.

rjones28 03-11-22 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22435412)
It's still snowing ffs! Give up already you old coot!

The blanket of snow we got the other day has all melted. Forecast calls for about a foot of snow tomorrow. :rolleyes:

DougRNS 03-11-22 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435546)
Seeing this Dock made me think about another Doc(k), Doc Medich. He was a pitcher and a physician. Wikipedia said his medical career did not go so well. He got busted writing narcotic scripts for himself and others. Sad.

Fun fact I have that album on cassette. Also, Medich and Ellis both played for the mighty Pirates.

datlas 03-11-22 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22435626)
Fun fact I have that album on cassette. Also, Medich and Ellis both played for the mighty Pirates.

Cue up some Sister Sledge?


seedsbelize2 03-11-22 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22435097)
My jury duty experience recently was an hour and a half spent in a really large room full of tables, each with one chair. As soon as I sat down, one of the clerks came in and said there was a delay in the trial. At least an hour passed, and two clerks came in, a man and a woman - masked, of course. The man said, "Mmmmmmfflemmmfflemmmmmfffffle" for about 30 seconds, while we all shouted, "WHAT?", till the woman finally said, "YOU'RE ALL EXCUSED!"

Did you get the $10?

seedsbelize2 03-11-22 12:24 PM

As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

big john 03-11-22 12:45 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435668)
Did you get the $10?

Here it's $15 per day but you don't get paid for the first day.

big john 03-11-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435687)
As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

That sounds awful. What's involved in the rehab, is it PT?

bampilot06 03-11-22 02:57 PM

Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

big john 03-11-22 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435846)
Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

Some like it hot.

datlas 03-11-22 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435846)
Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

Kudos.

I would prefer Tucson because Mt Lemmon. Or Albuquerque because Sandia Crest.

Any good hillclimbs in PHX??

datlas 03-11-22 03:14 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435865)
Some like it hot.

Cue up some vintage 1980's music, Power Station:


genejockey 03-11-22 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435865)
Some like it hot.

IIRC, last year there was at least one day when it was too hot for planes to take off.

genejockey 03-11-22 03:23 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435722)
Here it's $15 per day but you don't get paid for the first day.

PLus my company covers us for Jury Duty, and I think you're only eligible for the $15/day if you aren't being paid.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.