Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

Eric F 08-25-22 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22622992)
Surprised somewhat to see Roglich in big/big while climbing to the finish. Would have thought that a better chainline (little/mid) would be more efficient.

I'm sure he had a reason.

In the heat of battle, I haven't always been conscious of my chain line efficiency.

DougRNS 08-25-22 10:38 AM

Went to urgent care today for multi-day dizziness issue and a rash with a similar time onset. Rash is from chigger bites I apparently got when doing yard work Saturday. Dizziness is caused by ear infection in both ears.

WTF is going on with me?

Fun fact: never knew about chiggers.

Eric F 08-25-22 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623085)
Went to urgent care today for multi-day dizziness issue and a rash with a similar time onset. Rash is from chigger bites I apparently got when doing yard work Saturday. Dizziness is caused by ear infection in both ears.

WTF is going on with me?

Sounds like a good reason not to do yard work. I hope you recover quickly.

Eric F 08-25-22 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22622967)
Another 3
Wordle 432 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

4/6 for me. As is most common.

DougRNS 08-25-22 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dan333SP (Post 22622894)
Howdy Addiction folks, been a minute. I'm still here lurking and posting from time to time, been through a bunch of major life events since I was a regular poster here. Anyway, a good friend of mine was hit by a drunk 18 year old last weekend while riding at 7 AM and is in intensive care at the hospital. Her friend was also hit and passed away. I know everyone who rides on the road for some length of time and makes connections within the cycling community eventually has stories like this, and it's just the reality we live in on shared roads with very low levels of driver accountability.

Anyway, lately I've been thinking I'd like to get some front/rear cameras set up on my bike. They won't keep me alive if I get hit, but they will at least help hold a hit/run driver accountable if the worst were to happen. Any recommendations on a setup for that? I'm not opposed to a helmet-mounted 360 cam too, that may result in some cool race/ride footage.

sorry to hear this.

My thoughts are to spend money on a varia to detect cars. It might make you aware in time to bail out in the ditch. Possibly get a rear camera to accomplish some of the evidence gathering if you aren't around.

DougRNS 08-25-22 10:48 AM

datlas my BF mobile phone view is fubar as well. For a day or two. Resembles my life. Sad.

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 10:54 AM

WTF is going on with me?

I didnít either until standing in the wrong spot getting my tri gear out for a race.

datlas 08-25-22 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22623091)
4/6 for me. As is most common.

Ditto.

Proof:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...09754c430c.png

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623101)
datlas my BF mobile phone view is fubar as well. For a day or two. Resembles my life. Sad.

It also boofs the desktop view on mobile, which I use because the mobile view is a flaming turd sandwich.

datlas 08-25-22 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623101)

Yeah, it's definitely different and I suppose I will try to get used to it. Not sure if it's worth mentioning to the authorities.

Eric F 08-25-22 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623095)
sorry to hear this.

My thoughts are to spend money on a varia to detect cars. It might make you aware in time to bail out in the ditch. Possibly get a rear camera to accomplish some of the evidence gathering if you aren't around.

Varia doesn't identify that an approaching car might be on a line to collide with you. A mirror would be the only thing to give you a real-time view behind you.

DougRNS 08-25-22 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22623120)
Varia doesn't identify that an approaching car might be on a line to collide with you. A mirror would be the only thing to give you a real-time view behind you.

understood but you could take a peek and take appropriate action if the cars path looks suspicious. Wave, imaginatively call attention to yourself, fire a signal flare etc. It offers more help than a camera is my only point.

DougRNS 08-25-22 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22623116)
Yeah, it's definitely different and I suppose I will try to get used to it. Not sure if it's worth mentioning to the authorities.

especially coming from you - a known filter hater.:twitchy:

datlas 08-25-22 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623132)
especially coming from you - a known filter hater.:twitchy:

I suspect they consider me the boy who cried doosh.

Mojo31 08-25-22 11:11 AM

Varia benefits the rider. Cameras benefit the heirs.

Mojo31 08-25-22 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22623134)
I suspect they consider me the boy who cried doosh.

That or they just consider you the doosh.

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 11:22 AM

I can inelegantly beat the filter, but not elegantly. Sad.

datlas 08-25-22 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22623142)
That or they just consider you the doosh.

Prolly

datlas 08-25-22 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22623155)
I can inelegantly beat the filter, but not elegantly. Sad.

Igpay Atinlay orksway.

Eric F 08-25-22 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22623129)
understood but you could take a peek and take appropriate action if the cars path looks suspicious. Wave, imaginatively call attention to yourself, fire a signal flare etc. It offers more help than a camera is my only point.

I suppose one could take a peek if they rarely had cars approaching. Riding in suburbia, I would rarely be looking forward if I did that.

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 11:27 AM

Elegance achieved. Should I report it to the authorities?

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22623158)
Igpay Atinlay orksway.

I can say anything I want and make it look exactly normal. I don't want the ban or I'd go ahead and flex.

datlas 08-25-22 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22623168)
I can say anything I want and make it look exactly normal. I don't want the ban or I'd go ahead and flex.

You obviously have more self-restraint than I do.

MoAlpha 08-25-22 11:39 AM

WTF is going on with me?

Vertigo sucks and chiggers are the itchiest thing I have ever experienced.

Bah Humbug 08-25-22 11:39 AM

I now have two, probably a third later today, and maybe a fourth if I get around to trying.