Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

LesterOfPuppets 01-11-22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22370571)
Movie Trailers? Harsh realm.

Dang I hadn't used that since the '90s, but used to all the time when that TV show came out. I had no idea about the grunge speak hoax back then though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grunge_speak

Velo Vol 01-11-22 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22370198)

Does it even make autos?

Mojo31 01-11-22 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22370538)
Transcranial magnetic stimulation. Mark George and I were the first to use it for that application.

Thanks!

LesterOfPuppets 01-11-22 08:58 PM

And now the 3-DVD set will be arriving by January 20th.

I wonder if I should've spent $21 for this sealed copy instead of the $12 I spent for Used, VG...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/be4AA...yd/s-l1600.jpg

Velo Vol 01-11-22 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22370584)

Never seen it.

ls01 01-12-22 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370219)
While I like the idea of a new car, I’m actually a bit of a cheapskate in some ways. I mean, some of my bibs are ripping and I refuse to replace them.

My VW is 6 years old and going strong, my wife’s Acura is the same and I swear that thing will make 400k. I’ve looked at the TLX a couple of times, but want to wait another year at least before getting rid of my VW. 6 months of car payment = new bike costs.

This is where I live too. Being mechanical inclined, a supercheapskate, and stubborn as eff, have served me well my whole life. I've never owned a car from New, not once. I wanted the next one to be brand new, but I don't want to feel like I'm being ***** for it either, so I've kind of decided to repair the Avalanche. I'll delete the dod system from the engine and cpu. So even if I get another junkyard engine. It'll work without any problems. It does however stick in my craw that I just (4 years ago) paid $7k for a brand new crate engine from GM. I used to be a Bow Tie Guy through and through, but I believe my next car will be a Kia, possibly a Soul. Mary Barra has taken way too much value out of Chevrolet to my liking. They build absolute garbage now.

MoAlpha 01-12-22 05:41 AM

Every day I wake up without COVID (symptoms) feels like a victory!

datlas 01-12-22 06:17 AM

It’s 20F. Time to get ready to ride.

seedsbelize2 01-12-22 06:17 AM

I woke up from a dream that I'd parked my bike and fallen asleep, in sand, and awoke in snow and my bike had been stolen. And irl I had a headache. Tie in with the Covid symptom comment. The headache has since faded.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22370774)
Every day I wake up without COVID (symptoms) feels like a victory!

I feel the same way.

My "old man cyclist" group has breakfast every Monday in the Winter but I 've missed a few because a couple aren't vaxxed. I'm the last to chime in on whether I'm going or not; I want to see the attendance list first. :lol:

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22370793)

Go get 'em, Tiger. Watch out for slick spots.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 06:24 AM

I took a tumble on an icy spot a couple days ago and tore up a pair of tights and ripped through a wind jacket, insulated jersey, and an insulated undershirt and now have neon yellow threads embedded in my elbow. Winter road rash? What's up with that? :rolleyes:

BTW, the wind jacket was brand new - first ride. :cry:

bampilot06 01-12-22 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22370573)
Stinging-aching neurogenic pain in the bottom of the foot, up the back of the calf, and a little bit on the posterior thigh, and doing a fairly convincing imitation of an L-4 disc. It varies a bit from attack to attack. Last week it was over the lateral calf and into the web space of the first two toes.

that sounds terrible.

Last two rides my right butt cheek has been cramping and I don’t know why.

phrantic09 01-12-22 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22370538)
Transcranial magnetic stimulation. Mark George and I were the first to use it for that application.

This will never stop impressing me

phrantic09 01-12-22 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370801)
that sounds terrible.

Last two rides my right butt cheek has been cramping and I don’t know why.

Probably your wife

Ba-Dum-Shhh

phrantic09 01-12-22 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22370793)

Too cold here, may sneak out this afternoon

LAJ 01-12-22 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22370547)
Been doing some low-cadence, high resistance, workouts on the trainer and they’re increasing my strength, but causing piriformis syndrome. Quite the trade-off.

Is that something that can be worked through with more low cadence, or is it a permanent side effect?

bampilot06 01-12-22 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370812)
Probably your wife

Ba-Dum-Shhh

Rather that than a fit related issue.

phrantic09 01-12-22 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370817)
Rather that than a fit related issue.

How are you feeling by the way?

sometimes little aches pop up. Y knee bugged me for 3 rides then it was gone

WhyFi 01-12-22 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370219)
While I like the idea of a new car, I’m actually a bit of a cheapskate in some ways. I mean, some of my bibs are ripping and I refuse to replace them.

My VW is 6 years old and going strong, my wife’s Acura is the same and I swear that thing will make 400k. I’ve looked at the TLX a couple of times, but want to wait another year at least before getting rid of my VW. 6 months of car payment = new bike costs.

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22370759)
This is where I live too. Being mechanical inclined, a supercheapskate, and stubborn as eff, have served me well my whole life. I've never owned a car from New, not once. I wanted the next one to be brand new, but I don't want to feel like I'm being ***** for it either, so I've kind of decided to repair the Avalanche. I'll delete the dod system from the engine and cpu. So even if I get another junkyard engine. It'll work without any problems. It does however stick in my craw that I just (4 years ago) paid $7k for a brand new crate engine from GM. I used to be a Bow Tie Guy through and through, but I believe my next car will be a Kia, possibly a Soul. Mary Barra has taken way too much value out of Chevrolet to my liking. They build absolute garbage now.

Our car has been paid off for five years. Recently, I've been infatuated with the idea of a Kia EV6 AWD, but the reality of a car payment sours the dream quite a bit. Taking on a car payment would also stretch out the timeframe for paying off the house, the current big household financial goal, which we hope to do in the next ~five years... not sure that the Sportwagen is going to make it that long, but we'll feel it out.

WhyFi 01-12-22 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22370799)
I took a tumble on an icy spot a couple days ago and tore up a pair of tights and ripped through a wind jacket, insulated jersey, and an insulated undershirt and now have neon yellow threads embedded in my elbow. Winter road rash? What's up with that? :rolleyes:

BTW, the wind jacket was brand new - first ride. :cry:

Oof. Regardless, I'm glad that the damage was limited (mostly) to replaceable stuffs.

bampilot06 01-12-22 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370819)
How are you feeling by the way?

sometimes little aches pop up. Y knee bugged me for 3 rides then it was gone

Im feeling good today.

phrantic09 01-12-22 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22370824)
Our car has been paid off for five years. Recently, I've been infatuated with the idea of a Kia EV6 AWD, but the reality of a car payment sours the dream quite a bit. Taking on a car payment would also stretch out the timeframe for paying off the house, the current big household financial goal, which we hope to do in the next ~five years... not sure that the Sportwagen is going to make it that long, but we'll feel it out.

The EV6 is intriguing, but I’m not keen on a payment, even though I realize that my Passat doesn’t really align for my needs in a vehicle with two big dogs and two kids. The likely scenario is I’ll end up with an Outback at some point, but I’d rather buy bikes than cars.

bampilot06 01-12-22 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22370824)

We are extremely happy with our Mazda CX-5. I think my next car will be a mazda 6 but havnt ruled out a truck yet.

MoAlpha 01-12-22 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22370814)
Is that something that can be worked through with more low cadence, or is it a permanent side effect?

It's an acute thing from inflammation and swelling in the muscles and fortunately goes away with time and stretching and Tylenol. Ibuprofen is a break-the-glass measure. Another sign is a sudden 1.5 lb weight gain this week. My legs felt like styrofoam coming downstairs this morning. :thumb:

MoAlpha 01-12-22 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370830)
We are extremely happy with our Mazda CX-5. I think my next car will be a mazda 6 but havnt ruled out a truck yet.

They are great vehicles. We took a day trip in one this summer with a couple of guys and were happy in the back seat. Wife has a 3, which she loves and we tried to get daughter interested in a CX-30, but it was too conventional for her.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370813)
Too cold here, may sneak out this afternoon

Same.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22370827)
Oof. Regardless, I'm glad that the damage was limited (mostly) to replaceable stuffs.

My wife has patched everything except the insulated undershirt which I have numerous of. She even patched my insulated tights which are at least 20 years old. :)

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370830)
…but havnt ruled out a truck yet.

You need a Rivian truck.

WhyFi 01-12-22 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370829)
The EV6 is intriguing, but I’m not keen on a payment, even though I realize that my Passat doesn’t really align for my needs in a vehicle with two big dogs and two kids. The likely scenario is I’ll end up with an Outback at some point, but I’d rather buy bikes than cars.

I'm a big believer in wagons/hatchbacks for the utility, but I think we'll have to settle for a small SUV because 'Murica. And yeah, so many things that I'd rather pay for than a car, but they do make themselves pretty damn useful, at times.