Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

MoAlpha 07-20-20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21598025)
In my younger years, I canted my saddles ever so slightly right to accommodate a dress left bias. I also use to bend saddle rails on the left, iirc.

Many years later after a professional fit, the fitter lowered my saddle position about 3-4 mm. I thought maybe it was due to being older and less flexible. Regardless, for 6 years now, Iíve run my saddle dead straight ahead and no longer bend rails.

Iím going a degree CCW for tomorrowís workout.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21597898)
Good for her. I hope she can walk completely away without too much hassle.

So far so good! Most of the reactions have been pretty touching and generous. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of her. :love::love::love:

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21598050)
So far so good! Most of the reactions have been pretty touching and generous. Iím really looking forward to seeing more of her. :love::love::love:

Good. The couples that break up when they spend more time together make me sad on a deep level.

Still glad I married the right one.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598053)
Good. The couples that break up when they spend more time together make me sad on a deep level.

Agree and good for you. We have had tough times over our 44 years and haven’t always behaved well, but at least we always cracked each other up.

bampilot06 07-20-20 04:36 PM

you know what really grinds my gears. People who wait to the last min to merge over when the lane has been closed for months. Also, when they just come into your lane with out a signal or any care at that your car is currently in their path. This me first bull **** is killing me.

genejockey 07-20-20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21598034)
Ditto. Iíve been running Spec Toupes on all my bikes and have found my golden saddle(s).

13 years ago, I got a new bike. The saddle sucked, so I thought, "I'll just buy the same saddle I have on my other bike." Found out the company had gone out of business. Somebody told me they worked closely with an LBS (Palo Alto Bicycles). I called up and asked, and they said, "Yeah, we have a few left." I bought 3, put one on the new bike, put the other on a bike I build up subsequently, and I never had to think about my saddle.

Fast forward to this month. I buy a new bike (Canyon Endurace) with some Italian torture device atop the seat post. So bad, it made me wonder if I'd been stupid to buy the bike. Scrounged around in the garage, and there was the third one. With that saddle, the bike became fantastic.

Moral - once you find a saddle that works, buy a bunch. You just never know.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21598065)
you know what really grinds my gears. People who wait to the last min to merge over when the lane has been closed for months. Also, when they just come into your lane with out a signal or any care at that your car is currently in their path. This me first bull **** is killing me.

Back in Albany (ok, Troy) the damn city buses would do that in spots where the lane ending was permanent and merely poorly-placed.

genejockey 07-20-20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598053)

Makes me wonder about the effect of all the couples out there suddenly spending 24/7 together because they're working from home.

For us, it hasn't been an issue, but we like each other's company, and not most other people's.

Trsnrtr 07-20-20 04:48 PM

Deep breaths... in... out... Letting others take control of your life mentally is counterproductive. It took me almost 50 years and an HR class to arrive at that conclusion.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21598070)

...once you find a saddle that works...

50 yrs. Hasnít happened yet.

big john 07-20-20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597946)
Two of my least happy cycling years were spent trying to convince myself that Brooks saddles were comfortable. Not that Iím enchanted with what Iím using now.

A friend gave one away after a few weeks. I gave away a similar hard, deadly ass hatchet once. My favorite saddle, a Selle Italia SLS, is no longer made. The one I have is creaking and popping and ready to break. I hate to just buy something on line without riding it.

datlas 07-20-20 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21598152)
A friend gave one away after a few weeks. I gave away a similar hard, deadly ass hatchet once. My favorite saddle, a Selle Italia SLS, is no longer made. The one I have is creaking and popping and ready to break. I hate to just buy something on line without riding it.

Some bike shops have loaner saddles to test ride.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598071)
Back in Albany (ok, Troy) the damn city buses would do that in spots where the lane ending was permanent and merely poorly-placed.

I cut buses a lot of slack for pragmatic and social reasons.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21598152)

Ass hatchet! Hee haw! :lol:

DougRNS 07-20-20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21596863)
Also, I'm in charge of laundry. So, if I run out it's my own fault.

at my house it would be my fault regardless of who is in charge of the laundry. That's why I HTFU and take the initiative and do it.
#JustDoEeet

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21598078)
Makes me wonder about the effect of all the couples out there suddenly spending 24/7 together because they're working from home.

For us, it hasn't been an issue, but we like each other's company, and not most other people's.

Same here on all counts.

DougRNS 07-20-20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21596926)
Back in the 80s there was a guy who used to ride a popular route around the river with a cockatoo on his shoulder. A big one.

This guy?
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...492f8c52c0.jpg

DougRNS 07-20-20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21597921)
Oh, and we continue to have cool, rainy weather. And we are officially orange, so I can ride tomorrow.

#YearOfNoSummer

DougRNS 07-20-20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21598046)
Iím going a degree CCW for tomorrowís workout.

Among a myriad of other issues, I have a pelvic tilt which results in a leg length discrepancy. I point the nose towards the longer leg and it does the trick. Good luck.

big john 07-20-20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21598161)
Some bike shops have loaner saddles to test ride.

Yeah, I know. I just saw a Selle Italia at Competitive Cyclist that would probably work. It's $150 which would be easier if I had a job. Just spent $100 on tires and $200 on the stupid car a couple weeks back. Need to go slow. Hoping some stuff I have will sell quickly.

rjones28 07-20-20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21597056)
Super cute, but do not, I repeat, *do not* play this with audio -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC1TvnJCoJD/

htfu

ls01 07-20-20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21597721)
For rides longer than an hour I'll almost always slather some on. For shorter rides, flip a coin.

chamois cream ? Wtf is that? Htfu. Grow some calluses.

kissTheApex 07-20-20 06:49 PM

I was skeptical at first, but stub nosed specialized power seems to work for me, to the point of me not feeling existence of any saddle until 1:20 minutes of continuous seated pedaling on the trainer. Prior favorite saddle was a selle San Marco SKN, which only lasted about 35-40 minutes on the trainer.

rjones28 07-20-20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21597062)
Bring your mask too.

One of my customers today felt the need to pull down his mask when speaking. :foo:

ls01 07-20-20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21597974)
I too can quit whenever I want!

haven't had coffee in 5 weeks. I dont miss it.