Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 02-02-22 06:07 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22396731)
Just realized they totally lifted this!



https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1a47ff686.jpeg

Trademark infringement alert!


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22396742)
Gunbarrel is not nearby.

It's within cycling range.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5e85b29144.png

genejockey 02-02-22 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22396637)
Today's activity - 40 mile sail in about 3.5 hours, hittin 9 knots at times. Zero elevation gain. Beach time this afternoon with two good snorkels. Just finished appetizers, and waiting for dinner to be served. Painkillers have been consumed.

That's all.

Elevation gain on the water would worry me. Unless you're sailing up a river.

genejockey 02-02-22 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396744)
Help!

When sprinting, the chain in the aspero feels like it skips off of the cassette totally and then thunks back in to place- Iím assuming itsís either A- the chain is too long or B cable tension- any other ideas?

I'd think cable tension first. Check alignment of upper wheel from below.

But WRT chain length, how's the RD look in small/small and big/big, especially the latter?

LAJ 02-02-22 06:12 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396753)
Trademark infringement alert!


It's within cycling range.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5e85b29144.png

If it's not convenient to pick up take out, it's not nearby. Loveland is also within Z2 cycling distance, but it's not nearby.

Velo Vol 02-02-22 06:14 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22396758)
If it's not convenient to pick up take out, it's not nearby. Loveland is also within Z2 cycling distance, but it's not nearby.

DougRNS can we get a ruling on this?

LesterOfPuppets 02-02-22 06:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396753)
Trademark infringement alert!


It's within cycling range.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5e85b29144.png

Could probably even ebike the round trip, if you leave the assist on low.

big john 02-02-22 06:30 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22396614)
I haven't ridden the Rose Bowl loop in a while, but it has been mentioned quite a bit by friends. The city has generally been pretty quick to fill holes on the east side, but it needs a full re-pave, for sure. I did the go-fast Tues/Thurs group ride a few times last summer. On one occasion, a rider hit an open pothole, flatted, and barely avoided crashing in the middle of the group.

I've never done that Tues/Thurs thing but I have heard plenty of stories, going back to the 80s.

For years our club (SFVBC) goes through there on rides going east and my friends circle the Rose Bowl on our way to get pizza on windy Tuesdays. On the club hammerfest rides, it's tough on the east side. My bike bounces off the ground and I have to back off a bit.

DougRNS 02-02-22 06:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396534)
You better be nice to me or I might come wipe my germs on your handlebars some time.

I am glad I don't have to worry about that, what with all the quality music suggestions. You're welcome.

Mojo31 02-02-22 06:34 PM

There is a serious cyclist in the group. He is not me.

datlas 02-02-22 06:34 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396744)
Help!

When sprinting, the chain in the aspero feels like it skips off of the cassette totally and then thunks back in to place- Iím assuming itsís either A- the chain is too long or B cable tension- any other ideas?

Could be worn chainring or cassette.

datlas 02-02-22 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22396633)

Hot

phrantic09 02-02-22 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22396757)
I'd think cable tension first. Check alignment of upper wheel from below.

But WRT chain length, how's the RD look in small/small and big/big, especially the latter?

Iíll grab a pic when I can

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22396780)
Could be worn chainring or cassette.

If all werenít brand new, thatís what I would have thought too - itís almost like 1 bad link it skips every 3 or 4 rotations on the crank- and really only hard power

genejockey 02-02-22 06:49 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396790)
Iíll grab a pic when I can


If all werenít brand new, thatís what I would have thought too - itís almost like 1 bad link it skips every 3 or 4 rotations on the crank- and really only hard power

Check your master link. I had a bad one on a new chain, on the Litespeed. Not sure what happened. It worked fine with the Frankengruppo, but when I took it off, and rebuilt the whole thing with 7410 DA, I put the chain on and the dang master link was stiff, and I couldn't fix it. I ended up using the chain I took off the Ritchey back in 2019 (and kept), which wasn't work and works like a charm.

phrantic09 02-02-22 06:51 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22396799)
Check your master link. I had a bad one on a new chain, on the Litespeed. Not sure what happened. It worked fine with the Frankengruppo, but when I took it off, and rebuilt the whole thing with 7410 DA, I put the chain on and the dang master link was stiff, and I couldn't fix it. I ended up using the chain I took off the Ritchey back in 2019 (and kept), which wasn't work and works like a charm.

Thanks, Iím guessing thatís the culprit

datlas 02-02-22 06:53 PM

Hey Eric and Big John….

It’s getting closer to our trip west and I started looking at possible rides. If I want to go to Mt Wilson from Pasadena, Google maps has me taking a trail. Are the trails there typically paved? I will be riding a road bike with 25’s.

DougRNS 02-02-22 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22396680)
Drum roll please!
Was notified before leaving work , my ecm is on the pourch! Arrived home and installed that puppy and fired her up. There was a few minutes of lifter clatter. But preliminary results are encouraging. Brought it up to operating temp. Added coolant till full. Short test drive. All looks good. No warning lights on dash. Programing is good.
Feels so good to have that stress off my shoulders.

I just got oil changes on both my cars yesterday and today. Like I don't have enough to do. SMFH.

I'm going to short pit one and long pit another so that shiz doesn't happen again.

I also fought with my insurance company and a medical provider at lunch on a billing issue. I told both of them what the problem was but THEY had to talk to each other to fix it. They actually did and that's one problem off my lengthy list. Lots of stupid people in this world.

My ass is draggin' and I won't slow down until mid March.

seedsbelize2 02-02-22 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396744)
Help!

When sprinting, the chain in the aspero feels like it skips off of the cassette totally and then thunks back in to place- Iím assuming itsís either A- the chain is too long or B cable tension- any other ideas?

My first thought was massive guads
When it feels like it leaves the cassette, is it still driving you forward?

phrantic09 02-02-22 07:03 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22396799)
Check your master link. I had a bad one on a new chain, on the Litespeed. Not sure what happened. It worked fine with the Frankengruppo, but when I took it off, and rebuilt the whole thing with 7410 DA, I put the chain on and the dang master link was stiff, and I couldn't fix it. I ended up using the chain I took off the Ritchey back in 2019 (and kept), which wasn't work and works like a charm.

Thanks, Iím guessing thatís the culprit

phrantic09 02-02-22 07:03 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22396813)
My first thought was massive guads
When it feels like it leaves the cassette, is it still driving you forward?

yes, but the tension feels like it lessens for a split second

big john 02-02-22 07:07 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396790)
Iíll grab a pic when I can


If all werenít brand new, thatís what I would have thought too - itís almost like 1 bad link it skips every 3 or 4 rotations on the crank- and really only hard power

When I bought the crankset I had the guy put on a new chain and he sized it wrong. I looked up a video from Campagnolo and it says in small ring/small cog there should be 15mm between the chain and the upper jockey pully. I had to remove 3 links to get that.

It doesn't have a B screw like Shimano but the screw it has is adjusted to give a 5-7 mm gap between the big cog and the pulley when in the small ring/big cog.

After I made these adjustments it shifts better but still probably needs a cassette.

big john 02-02-22 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22396814)
Thanks, Iím guessing thatís the culprit

If there is a stiff link you can usually see it as it goes through the derailleur if you pedal backwards.

Velo Vol 02-02-22 07:14 PM

Is it asking too much for people to try to keep up?

LesterOfPuppets 02-02-22 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396825)
Is it asking too much for people to try to keep up?

Here's some railroading news you can use:

https://railfan.com/r-j-corman-to-ac...hern-branches/

big john 02-02-22 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22396804)
Hey Eric and Big John….

It’s getting closer to our trip west and I started looking at possible rides. If I want to go to Mt Wilson from Pasadena, Google maps has me taking a trail. Are the trails there typically paved? I will be riding a road bike with 25’s.

The only trails I know of that go to Mt Wilson are not paved. Angeles Crest highway is the road up from the Pasadena area. The other ways to get up there are longer.

The last part of the climb.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0e1cb14e5e.jpg

Velo Vol 02-02-22 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22396834)
Here's some railroading news you can use:

https://railfan.com/r-j-corman-to-ac...hern-branches/

Could be the start of something big! Will the trains say KXCG?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.