Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

datlas 02-10-22 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22405426)
Just spent a long time cleaning up lots of little fragments of asbestos siding which the very expensive abatement contractor left. I guess I can take out some life insurance and break open the piggy bank now.

Can I have your bikes?

After a suitable mourning period, of course.

WhyFi 02-10-22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22405572)
Can I have your bikes?

After a suitable mourning period, of course.

You're too leggy. I'll take 'em.

Mojo31 02-10-22 02:42 PM

Just spent a long time cleaning up lots of little fragments of asbestos siding which the very expensive abatement contractor left. I guess I can take out some life insurance and break open the piggy bank now.

Dibs on the yacht.

WhyFi 02-10-22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22405589)
Dibs on the yacht.

Inheriting a yacht sounds expensive.

Mojo31 02-10-22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22405599)

It is, but if I get another boat I'll be living on it per my wife.

genejockey 02-10-22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22405614)
It is, but if I get another boat I'll be living on it per my wife.

But I suspect that won't relieve you of paying the mortgage on the house you'll no longer be living in, amirite?

genejockey 02-10-22 03:15 PM

Meh.
Wordle 236 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟨⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 02-10-22 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22405630)
But I suspect that won't relieve you of paying the mortgage on the house you'll no longer be living in, amirite?

No mortgage, but I also won't be owning any part of it in that scenario, if you know what I mean.

datlas 02-10-22 03:41 PM

Hey MoAlpha quick neuro consult?? I have a 77 year old male, runner, who tells me the past few months he has to stop running or he will fall forward. He is generally healthy and last time I saw him (a few months ago) he had a normal gait and nothing obvious neurologically. He says it feels like he cannot stop his forward momentum when running. I initially was thinking some type of Parkinsonism or bradykinesia but Google tells me there is an entity called "Runner's Dystonia" which in some ways fits his description better.

Thoughts?

genejockey 02-10-22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22405658)
No mortgage, but I also won't be owning any part of it in that scenario, if you know what I mean.

Those were, indeed, the very lines along which I was thinking.

Mojo31 02-10-22 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22405698)
Those were, indeed, the very lines along which I was thinking.

She'd give me one cast iron pan upside the head as I left.

Come to think of it, I call dibs on Mo's clothes and underwear as I'd need that too.

genejockey 02-10-22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22405700)
She'd give me one cast iron pan upside the head as I left.

Come to think of it, I call dibs on Mo's clothes and underwear as I'd need that too.

What, there are no barrels with suspenders where you live?

indyfabz 02-10-22 04:45 PM

I could use a new blender.

Velo Vol 02-10-22 05:08 PM

I'll take the asbestos house.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b98b641f30.png

Velo Vol 02-10-22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22405678)
but Google tells me

Doctors' secrets, revealed.

MoAlpha 02-10-22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22405456)
My dad is the only person I ever heard use the word 'friable'. Until now

Itís big in surgery and anatomical pathology.

MoAlpha 02-10-22 06:02 PM

Hey MoAlpha quick neuro consult?? I have a 77 year old male, runner, who tells me the past few months he has to stop running or he will fall forward. He is generally healthy and last time I saw him (a few months ago) he had a normal gait and nothing obvious neurologically. He says it feels like he cannot stop his forward momentum when running. I initially was thinking some type of Parkinsonism or bradykinesia but Google tells me there is an entity called "Runner's Dystonia" which in some ways fits his description better.

Thoughts?

The cases of runners’ dystonia I’ve seen were clear task-related dystonia syndromes, where one can find a muscle group doing something identifiably wrong during the activity. In this case, one might look at the gastroc/soleus on one side. That would be a relatively good thing to have given the several truly dismal possibilities and might be amenable to botulinum injections. Unfortunately, this guy needs a look from a good movement disorders person and you’ve told me how hard they are to find. :(

DougRNS 02-10-22 06:26 PM

Thoughts?

I'm not a neurologist but my advice is to tell him running is stupid and write him a script for an e-bike. Ok, dumb joke. I hope it works out well and swiftly.

DougRNS 02-10-22 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22405806)
Itís big in surgery and anatomical pathology.

is that what they are going to do to my bad nerve with the 10 mm electrode? Fry it? Therefore, it's Friable.
#Layman

Mojo31 02-10-22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22405828)
I'm not a neurologist but my advice is to tell him running is stupid and write him a script for an e-bike. Ok, dumb joke. I hope it works out well and swiftly.

Iíve heard thatís a good solution for people with RA. Easier on the knees and ankles.

DougRNS 02-10-22 06:36 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2dc8585276.jpg

I was sweating bullets all week about this guy. He is already on heart medication and he began to act very lethargic last week after a long walk. Then he developed a cough. I was worried his heart condition was worsening. Got him in to the vet today and it turns out he has a cold. They examined him and his heart looks the same as last year so all is good. Whew.

datlas 02-10-22 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22405811)
The cases of runnersí dystonia Iíve seen were clear task-related dystonia syndromes, where one can find a muscle group doing something identifiably wrong during the activity. In this case, one might look at the gastroc/soleus on one side. That would be a relatively good thing to have given the several truly dismal possibilities and might be amenable to botulinum injections. Unfortunately, this guy needs a look from a good movement disorders person and youíve told me how hard they are to find. :(

Thanks. He is coming in tomorrow, so I hope to have a better sense of the problem after a good history and exam.

rjones28 02-10-22 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22405389)
What's its GDP?

No permanent population. No GDP. But it's a continent and is not on your "map".

gnome 02-10-22 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22405599)

Provided there are no inheritance taxes it's really, really cheap. It's free after all. maintaining it on the other hand is the expensive part.

big john 02-10-22 07:04 PM

2 brush fires in Southern California today, some homes were lost. In February.