Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

datlas 02-24-22 09:06 PM

We ended up driving to Santa Barbara to ride up Gibraltar. There were a few SNAFUs/misadventures, but overall the ride was good.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8fe326a64.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...50cd90abc.jpeg

phrantic09 02-24-22 09:11 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22420407)
How honest is RWGPS on the elevation for that?

I recently did a route advertised as 40 miles and 2500'. It was 40 miles but 3500' according to my Wahoo (and my legs!)

Itís probably low by 1500 Iíd guess

abshipp 02-24-22 09:39 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22420472)
Itís probably low by 1500 Iíd guess

Ouch

genejockey 02-24-22 10:51 PM

I think I need to work my way back into structured workouts. I'm just not feeling it this week. But it could be the last two weeks - I've done the Half Monty twice, Alpe du Zwift once (77 minutes at 87% of FTP), TdZ Stage 4(29 minutes of 90% FTP), plus my long rides. Maybe this really is the time for a recovery week?

Mind you, it's not like there isn't a ton of stress right now.

phrantic09 02-25-22 04:51 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22420540)
I think I need to work my way back into structured workouts. I'm just not feeling it this week. But it could be the last two weeks - I've done the Half Monty twice, Alpe du Zwift once (77 minutes at 87% of FTP), TdZ Stage 4(29 minutes of 90% FTP), plus my long rides. Maybe this really is the time for a recovery week?

Mind you, it's not like there isn't a ton of stress right now.

Thats interesting. I feel exactly the same this week. Last night I would have guessed my power output was pretty decent, but it ended up being an average of 186 over 27 miles where based on effort Iíd have figured 210 range. My legs feel sore and tired, I think perhaps the non-rona illness may be playing a part

phrantic09 02-25-22 04:53 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22420492)
Ouch

Garmin is worse for that. My buddy made a route we did last summer that was supposed to be 70 miles w/ 4000 climbing and it ended up being 7500.

indyfabz 02-25-22 05:55 AM

A step in the right direction.

Wordle 251 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 02-25-22 06:11 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22420626)
Thats interesting. I feel exactly the same this week. Last night I would have guessed my power output was pretty decent, but it ended up being an average of 186 over 27 miles where based on effort Iíd have figured 210 range. My legs feel sore and tired, I think perhaps the non-rona illness may be playing a part

Lack of gumption, output, etc. or whatever, must be going around. It doesn't seem to matter whether I ride hard or easy, my numbers are the same. I think that I'm going to take a couple days off and hope to get out on the road soon. I bet some sun and wind in my face will do me a world of good.

WhyFi 02-25-22 06:17 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22420540)
I think I need to work my way back into structured workouts. I'm just not feeling it this week. But it could be the last two weeks - I've done the Half Monty twice, Alpe du Zwift once (77 minutes at 87% of FTP), TdZ Stage 4(29 minutes of 90% FTP), plus my long rides. Maybe this really is the time for a recovery week?

Mind you, it's not like there isn't a ton of stress right now.

External factors (illness, life-related stress) aside, this is where tracking and being comfortable with your training load numbers is helpful. It's all a matter of how much you've built yourself up to handle training stress loads vs your short term load.

FWIW, I tend to think of rides with a TSS of less than 100 as being pretty tame, from a stress and recovery point of view, unless you're doing that day in and day out.

WhyFi 02-25-22 06:20 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22420657)
Lack of gumption, output, etc. or whatever, must be going around. It doesn't seem to matter whether I ride hard or easy, my numbers are the same. I think that I'm going to take a couple days off and hope to get out on the road soon. I bet some sun and wind in my face will do me a world of good.

I'm sure that many of us are getting to that point in the year where cold and misery are wearing on us and we're ready to move on to more sunshine and pleasant weather. I know that's where I am. :notamused:

ls01 02-25-22 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22420431)

Those are all good reasons to stay in the lower peninsula

ls01 02-25-22 06:43 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22420470)
We ended up driving to Santa Barbara to ride up Gibraltar. There were a few SNAFUs/misadventures, but overall the ride was good.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8fe326a64.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...50cd90abc.jpeg

well done! It is gorgeous there.

WhyFi 02-25-22 07:26 AM

Welp, now I've done it - signed up for Rapha Rising, which will be my first event on ZwiftPower. Stage one, today, is the Alpe, which I'm pretty familiar with. I don't expect to place well within category, and I'm not exactly treating it as a race, but I'm thinking that, with all of the traffic (for draft and motivation), I might be able to improve my PR a hair, if I'm feelin' decent.

Mojo31 02-25-22 07:49 AM

Tough one.

Wordle 251 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 02-25-22 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22420627)
Garmin is worse for that. My buddy made a route we did last summer that was supposed to be 70 miles w/ 4000 climbing and it ended up being 7500.

Good to know. Maybe my 4.6'/mile as measured by my Garmin is low.

:thumb:

indyfabz 02-25-22 08:16 AM

Lplo

LesterOfPuppets 02-25-22 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22420735)
Tough one.

Wordle 251 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Uggh.
Wordle 251 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 02-25-22 08:54 AM

Non Porsche ass of the day. James Hunt at Nurburgring, 1975.

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...VQ&oe=621DAF5B

Mojo31 02-25-22 09:01 AM

Cool pic!

WhyFi 02-25-22 09:15 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22420706)
Welp, now I've done it - signed up for Rapha Rising, which will be my first event on ZwiftPower. Stage one, today, is the Alpe, which I'm pretty familiar with. I don't expect to place well within category, and I'm not exactly treating it as a race, but I'm thinking that, with all of the traffic (for draft and motivation), I might be able to improve my PR a hair, if I'm feelin' decent.

Well, that was fun. I guess.

120-something out of 370-something in the B Category. Bettered my PR on the climb, but not by as much as I'd hoped. That was one gripe - there was no data against my PR. If I would have known, coming out of the last corner, I might have been able to bury myself just a little deeper. :notamused:

BillyD 02-25-22 09:24 AM

The weather is ugly out there today, sleeting and snowing and all. Thankfully my doctor's appointment was converted to a virtual visit so neither of us had to travel out there.

We spent an equal amount of time discussing birds of prey as we did discussing medical issues. :)

phrantic09 02-25-22 09:30 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22420660)
External factors (illness, life-related stress) aside, this is where tracking and being comfortable with your training load numbers is helpful. It's all a matter of how much you've built yourself up to handle training stress loads vs your short term load.

FWIW, I tend to think of rides with a TSS of less than 100 as being pretty tame, from a stress and recovery point of view, unless you're doing that day in and day out.

This is whatís inexplicable to me, my overall load isnít much higher.


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22420706)
Welp, now I've done it - signed up for Rapha Rising, which will be my first event on ZwiftPower. Stage one, today, is the Alpe, which I'm pretty familiar with. I don't expect to place well within category, and I'm not exactly treating it as a race, but I'm thinking that, with all of the traffic (for draft and motivation), I might be able to improve my PR a hair, if I'm feelin' decent.

GL


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22420740)
Good to know. Maybe my 4.6'/mile as measured by my Garmin is low.

:thumb:

I mean the route creator on Garmin- I usually just have Strava adjust the elevation


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22420787)
Uggh.
Wordle 251 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I didnít get it today

phrantic09 02-25-22 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22420837)
The weather is ugly out there today, sleeting and snowing and all. Thankfully my doctor's appointment was converted to a virtual visit so neither of us had to travel out there.

We spent an equal amount of time discussing birds of prey as we did discussing medical issues. :)

We already have 8 inches, itís supposed to go 1-2 inches an hour here pretty soon

phrantic09 02-25-22 09:36 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22420822)
Well, that was fun. I guess.

120-something out of 370-something in the B Category. Bettered my PR on the climb, but not by as much as I'd hoped. That was one gripe - there was no data against my PR. If I would have known, coming out of the last corner, I might have been able to bury myself just a little deeper. :notamused:

Your capacity to suffer is much higher than mine. Kudos

Mojo31 02-25-22 09:41 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22420837)
The weather is ugly out there today, sleeting and snowing and all. Thankfully my doctor's appointment was converted to a virtual visit so neither of us had to travel out there.

We spent an equal amount of time discussing birds of prey as we did discussing medical issues. :)

Our family doctor is a Porsche nut. My wife always complains that he wants to talk to her more about my cars than her medical condition.

In other news, what's up with Boris Johnson's hair?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.