Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

seedsbelize2 05-29-22 09:12 AM

I slept 9.5 hours last night and don't feel rested. The time to begin a ride has come and gone. Am I destined to be a slug for the rest of my life? Can a man of 70 get back into some semblance of shape after two years of injury-related in-activity?

Mojo31 05-29-22 09:18 AM

Yeah, some are not to my taste, but so what? The group is a pretty good size, they obviously enjoy them and getting together, they love showing them and talking about them with anyone who will stop and chat, and the cars are pristine. They even appreciate an old white guy's Euro sedan based on the gestures I got when I drove up.

seedsbelize2 05-29-22 09:38 AM


Originally Posted by lesterofpuppets (Post 22523758)

hot

genejockey 05-29-22 09:39 AM

That was a near thing.
Wordle 344 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 05-29-22 09:48 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22523747)
Pro tip: Donít run over sharp things.




Thank me later.

The path I was on was dappled with shade from leaves. I felt whatever it was when I ran over it. Put in a tube and limped home 5 miles.

Should I start a thread asking if the tire is toast? :innocent:

BillyD 05-29-22 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22523737)

That looks like . . . . . . yeah wait a minute . . . . . . . that looks like it should buff right out.

bampilot06 05-29-22 09:54 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22523796)
The path I was on was dappled with shade from leaves. I felt whatever it was when I ran over it. Put in a tube and limped home 5 miles.

Should I start a thread asking if the tire is toast? :innocent:





Please start a thread asking about your tire, the proper way to change a tire, how to avoid this in the future and if you should go tubeless.

genejockey 05-29-22 09:55 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22523799)
That looks like . . . . . . yeah wait a minute . . . . . . . that looks like it should buff right out.

Someone had to say it.

bampilot06 05-29-22 10:10 AM

Slow morning. Everyone must be checking their bikes for forgotten triples.

LesterOfPuppets 05-29-22 10:20 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22523815)
Slow morning. Everyone must be checking their bikes for forgotten triples.

I'm checking for forgotten 53/44s.

Those are the ones that'll get ya.

Bah Humbug 05-29-22 10:23 AM

I've just never understood the people worked up over other people's gearing choices.

bampilot06 05-29-22 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22523828)
I'm checking for forgotten 53/44s.

Those are the ones that'll get ya.


I donít even know what I have on any of my bikes.


:foo:

Bah Humbug 05-29-22 10:27 AM

A lot of triathletes don't even know how gearing works or that it can be changed.

Mojo31 05-29-22 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22523844)
A lot of triathletes don't even know how gearing works or that it can be changed.

Are you saying my wife could be a triathlete?

LesterOfPuppets 05-29-22 10:35 AM

I've actually been cruising around grabbing a breakfast burrito and a quad shot frap.

#breakfastofchampions


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...20ff5105b8.jpg

bampilot06 05-29-22 10:41 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22523851)
I've actually been cruising around grabbing a breakfast burrito and a quad shot frap.

#breakfastofchampions


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...20ff5105b8.jpg


You didnít take me to this place, when I visited. Lester doesnít share secrets.

DougRNS 05-29-22 10:56 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22523525)
Tried to watch a couple innings of snooze ball, with UT in the SEC semifinals, and whew, watching that will knock you right out. #InsomniaCure

The mighty Owls won their conference. Prolly be a #1 seed in the tourney.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...32de595d3d.jpg

Bah Humbug 05-29-22 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22523847)
Are you saying my wife could be a triathlete?

There's certainly not an entrance exam.

indyfabz 05-29-22 11:19 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22523844)
A lot of triathletes don't even know how gearing works or that it can be changed.

They are out in full force in my area. Saw three today and two yesterday during relatively short rides.

big john 05-29-22 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22523815)
Slow morning. Everyone must be checking their bikes for forgotten triples.

I rode my triple bike today. If I don't use the small ring it's just like any other 52-39 crank.

seedsbelize2 05-29-22 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22523834)
I've just never understood the people worked up over other people's gearing choices.

Same. I have no idea what I have on the rear of any bike. I know if it's five, six or seven speed, but nothing else.

indyfabz 05-29-22 01:33 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22523961)
I rode my triple bike today. If I don't use the small ring it's just like any other 52-39 crank.

After I got home from my ill-fated double ride I road my 46-36-24 triple. Stayed in the 46 the entire time even with a pannier of food and wine.

rjones28 05-29-22 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22523733)
Yes VV has of late been morphing into PCAD. The second coming perhaps.

Missing the mark by a wide margin.

rjones28 05-29-22 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22523737)

Uh oh.

rjones28 05-29-22 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22523758)

Well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.